Forum Application age

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I was wondering why the age requirement on .co.uk is 21, however on .net its 16? why the difference?

I am curious as i am 17 and considered applying to be a mod, however i just realised i can not.

DeletedUser

It's rather depressing, isn't it? I would've loved to been a mod in a few years on .co.uk. However being 14 I have a slightly longer wait! I believe they set it as that due to the smaller forums meaning they don't quite need as many mods, allowing them to be more thorough in their pick.

DeletedUser

[clt].net is an entirely different community and is run in an entirely different way to .co.uk. We feel it is necessary to provide our community with moderators that have reached a level of maturity that our members require. We will only except applicants over the age of 21 in order to ensure we meet this criteria. Exceptions to this rule have been made in the past, however, certain consequences of these exceptions later caused the .co.uk management team to regret their decision. As a result, the over 21's rule is here to stay, and will be adhered to.

I hope this answers your question[/clt]

DeletedUser7599

[clt].net is an entirely different community and is run in an entirely different way to .co.uk. We feel it is necessary to provide our community with moderators that have reached a level of maturity that our members require. We will only except applicants over the age of 21 in order to ensure we meet this criteria. Exceptions to this rule have been made in the past, however, certain consequences of these exceptions later caused the .co.uk management team to regret their decision. As a result, the over 21's rule is here to stay, and will be adhered to.

I hope this answers your question[/clt]

I dont really agree with the bolded parts. Just because you reach an age doesn't make you a mature person but i do understand why you have an age limit.

Another thing i do not understand is why 21? In the UK legally you can work full time, drink, drive, smoke and have sex at the age of 18 but you cannot work for tribal wars UK. Why not bring it down to 18 and have anyone that is legally an adult be able to apply.

DeletedUser857

[gfx]Perhaps because the admins feel that people of 18 have too many demands of their time (what with university and such) that may make them less reliable and more erratic in their online times?

Just a suggestion, I'm probably wrong :lol:[/gfx]

DeletedUser7599

[gfx]Perhaps because the admins feel that people of 18 have too many demands of their time (what with university and such) that may make them less reliable and more erratic in their online times?

Just a suggestion, I'm probably wrong :lol:[/gfx]

But wouldn't people over 21 have the same demands and responsibilities if not more.

DeletedUser

I dont really agree with the bolded parts. Just because you reach an age doesn't make you a mature person but i do understand why you have an age limit.

Another thing i do not understand is why 21? In the UK legally you can work full time, drink, drive, smoke and have sex at the age of 18 but you cannot work for tribal wars UK. Why not bring it down to 18 and have anyone that is legally an adult be able to apply.

[clt]The tribalwars.co.uk management have selected the most appropriate age to perform the role as moderator based on their own experience of member maturity levels within this game. This is not a randomly selected age and we are not implying that anyone below the age of 21 is immature, however, an age limit must be set as a working guideline for the use of hiring staff, as i previously said, exceptions to the 21 rule have been made in the past, the outcome of which was not acceptable by our standards. As a direct result, the few have spoiled it for the many, which is something that you will see consistently throughout your adult life.[/clt]

DeletedUser

[th]Few got a chance. Sadly they didn't outshine, it was more like a black hole.[/th]

DeletedUser

Orly? How many? On this forum, how many did you give the chance to be a mod?
[th]Four. Do you want to know, how many weren't capable to do the job properly for a longer duration (more than 2 months)? Four.

Any more questions, why we aren't too keen to start another atempt?[/th]

DeletedUser

actually I quite like this idea for a discussion, I would have thought that the age limit in total would be there, because your moderating against, bullying, flaming, cursing, and generally us bad mannered persons of the inet. I believe that a younger person may not have the strength of character or experiance to overcome some of the things people say and generally the arguements they may put to you afterwards... you only have to look at the mash ups we have on the world 2 forums to understand.
Though I also agree that people under 21 are definately immature... its the alcohol. lets face it, unless your a squaddie, you wont limit ur alcohol tolerance till much later in life :D thats also another point, squaddie talk is not always the easiest thing to moderate :D best left to adults haha

DeletedUser

Might as well go in to more detail, I cba to argue, it won't change, your just too damn stubborn :p

[th]If I would have been too stubborn, there wouldn't have been any exceptions ever. Being less stubborn than you expect, let me try otherwise. That failed badly. So we are stuck to our rules more than ever before. Anyone with some common sense should be capable follow this thinking, shouldn't (s)he? [/th]

DeletedUser

[th]Any more questions, why we aren't too keen to start another atempt?[/th]

Might as well go in to more detail, I cba to argue, it won't change, your just too damn stubborn :p

I believe that a younger person may not have the strength of character or experiance to overcome some of the things people say and generally the arguements they may put to you afterwards... you only have to look at the mash ups we have on the world 2 forums to understand.
Though I also agree that people under 21 are definately immature... its the alcohol. lets face it, unless your a squaddie, you wont limit ur alcohol tolerance till much later in life :D thats also another point, squaddie talk is not always the easiest thing to moderate :D best left to adults haha

Your an idiot mate... First off, you can't put your feelings down to a single incident. Nor can you blame it on alcohol tolerance which, like levels of maturity, varies with age. You do not automatically become tolerant to alcohol, nor do you become more mature, the moment you hit 21. While adults may be more apt at dealing with certain experiences, I don't believe forum moderation comes under that.

[clt]As a direct result, the few have spoiled it for the many, which is something that you will see consistently throughout your adult life.[/clt]

Might I point out that in this case, the many have ruined the few as much as the few have ruined the many. While a select few have screwed up being a mod, the vast majority of teenagers have made those older predisposed to thinking we are immature, disorganised, intolerant kids... Which I hate...

Turns out I'm arguing then. My bad... :p

DeletedUser

a single incident... u obviously havent read the forums before they get cleared up.. and I absolutely can blame alcohol tolerance,, I know alot of my tribe do things quite drunkenly... kind of funny really. and lets face it, the rules of alcohol are always there, you pretty much think, I can get told off for this,,, oh well...

but my point stil stands,,, you cant expect nor in any right mind allow younger persons to moderate language, insinuations and the general banter which goes on between adults. then again, I must be talking to a child, just coming out and insulting me,,, so hurtful... :D

DeletedUser4

[tt]Im going to end this discussion right now with this

Its my decision
I have been doing this for far too long to know what works and what doesn't
Regardless of how many times this question is posted the age limit will not change bar perhaps rising

we need

Maturity
Consistency
Level headedness
Fairness
and
Commitment

You get that from people who are older who know what they want in life who have experienced life you dont get it from teenagers who have experienced and seen nothing.[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.