Freaking Serious? W2 settings this bad?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Assuming W2 that is currently running is using the same settings W2 will have W2 will be:

speed 1
unit speed 1
archers
paladins (with advanced items)
advanced bonuses
no church
simple research
coins

Those settings are freaking horrible, people hates W1 settings and W2 goes and makes itself a W1 clone - the church?

DeletedUser

Well, not everybody hates them and the settings are more newbie frendly, which we're getting a lot of at the moment.

DeletedUser

Are these seriously the settings? If they are .co.uk will become nub central :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I like the settings :icon_redface:

Well, except for all the 'advanced' stuff.

DeletedUser

Ok.. Allright Settings, but I want a Speed 2 world. (Troop)

DeletedUser904

.5 speed, 2 troop speed. No archers, paldain without weapons. Advanced bonuses, no church, barbs grow to 1K, simple research, half price packets

My perfect world

DeletedUser

No, the speeds should be faster people, it's just stupid to get slower. In my opinion TW worlds should be slow, fast, slow, fast, slow and so on. Not slow, slow, and even more slow.

Tracey made polls on other things, I say we have a poll on speed too.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
No, the speeds should be faster people, it's just stupid to get slower. In my opinion TW worlds should be slow, fast, slow, fast, slow and so on. Not slow, slow, and even more slow.

Tracey made polls on other things, I say we have a poll on speed too.

I'm all for slower :p In fact W33, hands down, favorite speed related settings of any world: .5 speed, 2.0 unit speed. Can be as in active as you want and still do very well (assuming you have the skill and know-how to do well in the first place).

DeletedUser

I'm all for slower :p In fact W33, hands down, favorite speed related settings of any world: .5 speed, 2.0 unit speed. Can be as in active as you want and still do very well (assuming you have the skill and know-how to do well in the first place).

No Nauz, no =(.

DeletedUser

No Nauz, no =(.
Yes Nauz, yes =)
This is the slowest world I played and I'm lovin' it. I'm on roughly an hour a day and I'm still doing well. I played W36 with 1.6x speed and 0.625x unit speed. You had to be so incredibly active to keep up.... it was not fun. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Yes Nauz, yes =)
This is the slowest world I played and I'm lovin' it. I'm on roughly an hour a day and I'm still doing well. I played W36 with 1.6x speed and 0.625x unit speed. You had to be so incredibly active to keep up.... it was not fun. :icon_sad:

Well, that is true, I wouldn't mind .5, if it had incredibly fast troop speed.

DeletedUser

Yeah, we know, the settings are gawd awful if you're an older player/still enjoy older worlds.

But you have the option to not join, and we can't really do anything if the admins want to turn this place into newbie city. Remember, there are still like 15 worlds open to join on .net, so you don't really have any excuse to shout and pout.

DeletedUser

Its common practice (on .net anyways) to leave the settings different from the end settings... Which may explain why the last batch of worlds were so screwed.

I do agree, .5 world speed with 2.0 troop speed would make me happy.

DeletedUser

I agree LA. My favorite is 1.6 speed, but I would love to have a slow world (.5 speed) with fast troops. I hate when it takes 30 minutes for axes to reach the village right beside you.

DeletedUser

Its common practice (on .net anyways) to leave the settings different from the end settings... Which may explain why the last batch of worlds were so screwed.

I do agree, .5 world speed with 2.0 troop speed would make me happy.

Sounds like w33... Fast farming runs + slow build speed = infinite amount of extra resources. All I ended up doing on that world was waiting for stuff to build, it was just too slow for the troop speed.

DeletedUser

.5 is pretty slow, which leads to a lot of people quitting, even good tribes. An example would be us Hippos on W16, just so slow. Like I said, I'd prefer 1.6 speed, as long as it doesn't have horrible troop speeds (W41.net).