Free Trade

DeletedUser

Hi all when I try to send resources I get a message say that free trade is deactivated right now then some dates to say when it will be running again.

But my fellow tribe members can send me resources fine which is a little unfair as i can't send them back what we traded for.

Have i just got to wait for the game to let me or is there something I can do??

DeletedUser

You just have to wait. Depending on when you joined the world depends on when you can send the resources for free

DeletedUser

[la]Free trade is unlocked for everyone a certain amount of time after they start, much like BP.[/la]

DeletedUser5365

Im guessing its to stop players creating new accounts and just sending all resources to a tribe mate.

DeletedUser

No because then that would be multi-accounting which is against the rules anyway

DeletedUser5365

No because then that would be multi-accounting which is against the rules anyway

Yes but people do still do it. So perhaps the timer is so they can be stopped before being able to send the resources

DeletedUser

This is like the resource version of Begginer protection. Its to stop players cheating and multi-accounting. You just need to wait a bit until you can send it.

DeletedUser

All I see in relation to free trade is "wait a bit" Can anyone be more specific as to how long someone must wait, or does it change from world to world? If so, should it not be listed in the world settings? Would appreciate any info on this matter.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
All I see in relation to free trade is "wait a bit" Can anyone be more specific as to how long someone must wait, or does it change from world to world? If so, should it not be listed in the world settings? Would appreciate any info on this matter.

It tells you how long when you attempt to send resources.

DeletedUser

This usually depends on the speed of the world. Faster worlds will have free trade open sooner than the slower worlds.

DeletedUser

It tells you how long when you attempt to send resources.

I'm afraid it doesn't. I've tried sending resources by selecting a players town first and clicking send resources, and by clicking on free trade in my marketplace. All I get is the uninformative message:
Currently the free shipping of resources at the market place is deactivated. However, you can create offers.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I'm afraid it doesn't. I've tried sending resources by selecting a players town first and clicking send resources, and by clicking on free trade in my marketplace. All I get is the uninformative message:

Hmm, strange, just tested and I got the same message, on .net it sends a message like this:

Free trading is limited, you can only supply tribe members

Free sending of resources will be activated on the 24.04.2010 at 15:33.

DeletedUser

Yeah, that's the sort of message I would expect to see. Odd as well, the message the .net server sends also seems to suggest that you can send resorces to tribe members whenever, which doesn't appear to be the case on UK either.

DeletedUser

Tribe member or not, i see the effect is same. How difficult it is to put another account into same tribe? I feel this feature is very good to avoid cheating.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Odd as well, the message the .net server sends also seems to suggest that you can send resorces to tribe members whenever, which doesn't appear to be the case on UK either.

Nope, on .net there's two separate dates, the tribemate date is earlier than the other date and has already passed for me on W47.

DeletedUser

Fair enough, apologies for the mistake Don't suppose you remember how long that took do you? lol

DeletedUser57

It's 1 month for tribe member, 2 months for non-tribe.