G.G / A.g

DeletedUser

The irony in life is endless... Let's hope I don't get ran over by an ambulance on the way home! :icon_wink:

Edit on topic: What's the topic? Ermm... 2 tribes, well... Aha! And something to do with 404... Some members leaving, and... Enough? :icon_confused:

Edit Two: Who is the moderator on this world?

DeletedUser

As far as I know, 178-171=7 :p

I'm a write not a mather, give me a break.

Let me get this straight all you did was chat to them and they left their villa :icon_surprised:

thats bad :icon_eek:
not sure who for :lol:
but that is bad :icon_wink:

Ok, ok, I *may* have cleared his villa and then farmed him for three days as wel.....but i like to think my sparkeling conversation prompted him to move to the burbs.

DeletedUser

I have to say, some of the members of G.G and A.G are actually genuinely good players... They would stand a better chance if they didnt have the Inactives and Noobs clogging up their ranks...

Perhaps some sort of merge of the 2, and a chance to address the member count would go down well here??? They could be strong, but under the current leaders they arent exactly showing any kind of strength...

DeletedUser

I think a few people are standing up and getting organised. Some of our scouts have seen 7 pallys in a villa so there is a section that is resonably organised. I'd like to see some kind of merge of the good members and maybe an end to this silly scrappage. I think it'll happen soon enough though. I think I made a type before when i was talking about member numbers. In two weeks A.G has gone down from 80 to 70 to 58 so it's not going to be long before they'll either merge into the main G.G or the good members will decided to leave the rarther embaressing reputation they have and the G.G name behind and move into a new tribe.

DeletedUser

lol i didnt like their name in the first place... ;)

but that aside - surely 404 could do well from it??? it could be a chance to bring in some of the better G.G members... they know 404 to atleast be reputable, and with the caliber of some G.G, then 404 wouldnt mind i wouldnt have thought... ;)

7 pallys though... haha

DeletedUser

lol i didnt like their name in the first place... ;)

but that aside - surely 404 could do well from it??? it could be a chance to bring in some of the better G.G members... they know 404 to atleast be reputable, and with the caliber of some G.G, then 404 wouldnt mind i wouldnt have thought... ;)

7 pallys though... haha

We'll have to see what happens but I know there are several people in G.G who are less then happy. I got in contact with a few before this skerfuffle started and we swap the occasion message. One was venting how some nub ended up attacking somone villa when they were meant to be supporting it!

lol, easy mistake to make i guess.....

DeletedUser

lol, easy mistake to make i guess.....

depends on how much booze he had before sending it :lol:

must have been a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser920

Daft dillious Left 11th April 2010 - 23:25 1,151
Earl Greyleg Left 11th April 2010 - 23:25 119
04youenc Left 11th April 2010 - 14:14 1,349
lewi192 Joined 08th April 2010 - 04:00 10,485
Toller Left 06th April 2010 - 04:00 78
The Code Left 02nd April 2010 - 22:00 1,571
DirtyProphecy Left 02nd April 2010 - 22:00 1,504
zeelbeno Left 02nd April 2010 - 01:00 79
The Artist Left 31st March 2010 - 22:00 107
patiskewl Joined 31st March 2010 - 22:00 1,489
Zalastian Left 30th March 2010 - 01:00 3,578
gazh Left 28th March 2010 - 22:00 1,905
rob.rdj Left 28th March 2010 - 01:00 641
Yes - you can see that we are haemorraging members - hey wait - this list is 404 - but I'm just a Noob who can't read TWStats - and I told you before, I don't brag.

:)

DeletedUser6695

alot of those players moved accounts so thats not really relevant

DeletedUser

Yes - you can see that we are haemorraging members - hey wait - this list is 404 - but I'm just a Noob who can't read TWStats - and I told you before, I don't brag.

:)

I would do the same with G.G and A.G but i think there is a limit to how much people can be bothered to read. Like you for example don't seem to have noticed that we've lost only 3 members in the last week while GG have lost 14 members in the same time and A.G have lost 26. Thats 40 members to 3 in the last 7 days so who is really haemorraging members?

I love it when the noobs try to pull out stats but 1) can't read them properly, and 2) don't bother checking how their own stats match up. Come on Greg, you've got to be at least one step ahead of me not two steps behind if you really want to score any PnP points. I really do apreciate you're lovely set up. PnP against G.G and A.G would be so much harder if you didn't keep handing me gifts.

DeletedUser920

Our members had reasons for leaving or being kicked, although I'm not sure what you mean by 'moving accounts.'

There's a glitch on TWStats atm - don't know why. Our total shows 440K in TW, but a drop of 140K on the stats, which is plain wrong. Either way, G.G has gone from 300K to 440K in the past week, whereas 404 has gone from 246K to 347K, a slightly slower rate of growth, but still healthy. (A.G has still grown from 112K to 140K).

Your posts seem to suggest that 404 are taking a walk in the park while G.G and A.G wither away, but the figures do not seem to support that.

DeletedUser

You really do keep shooting yourself in the foot don't you? So 404 (45 members) have a "slightly slower rate of growth" then G.G (112 members and dropping). Whats your point? Considering you have more then twice our members it would be a big embaressing if you *wern't* growing twice as fast as it. (which incidently you're not....)

also our APP is more then twice as much as yours and our ODA is more then twice as much as yours. All in all its a little embaressing that your tribe is twice our size and half as good. :(

'Moving accounts' means that some players decided they didn't have time to play an account properly so moved across to co-play. It's different to the G.G approach where many people are happy to log in once or twice a day and means that we don't have a problem with inactivity. 404 accounts are played, co-played or sat for most of the day. Activity counts for more then numbers as you'll learn.

As for my post suggesting that this is a cake walk, well, it is really isn't it? You say the figures don't support that (lies, damn lies, and TWstats) which figures are you talking about?

Considering the loss of 40 players in the last 7 days I think it's a pretty strong case that G.G and A.G are slipping. We'll have to see how many players are left in another 7 days to know for sure. But they're are strong indicators there don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser920

[SIGH] Do you really want a lesson on percentages ?

I guess not, but hopefully other people reading don't need one.

DeletedUser

[SIGH] Do you really want a lesson on percentages ?

I guess not, but hopefully other people reading don't need one.

Sorry, so your saying 112 is not twice as big as 45? (GG member size vs 404 member size)

or are you saying 8.7k is not twice as big as 3.8? (404 APP vs GG App)

I did try to work out the percentage but actually I *do* need a lesson!

However, I can confidently say that 8.9K (our ODA) is more then twice the size of 3.9k (your ODA)

so which part are *you* struggling with?

DeletedUser

lol bella - technically you guys having twice the APP and twice the ODA than G.G, and half the members actually makes G.G only 25% as good as 404 - or 404 4 times as good as G.G...

Theres lesson 1 in your ReelyBig percentage lessons Greg.... ;)

DeletedUser

lol, well like i said. i don't do math so thank you for your help ^_^

DeletedUser920

Well done Reely, 404 do have good OD figures, but is affecting their growth. We have some newer players, but as they learn the game and get their nobles, we should be able to take off. 404 have been fighting other people apparently, but it has not benefited them.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, you don't want to write us off just yet.

DeletedUser

Well done Reely, 404 do have good OD figures, but is affecting their growth. We have some newer players, but as they learn the game and get their nobles, we should be able to take off. 404 have been fighting other people apparently, but it has not benefited them./QUOTE]

/face palm

ok, everone in 404 stop making troops its affecting our growth!!!

DeletedUser

Well done Reely, 404 do have good OD figures, but is affecting their growth. We have some newer players, but as they learn the game and get their nobles, we should be able to take off. 404 have been fighting other people apparently, but it has not benefited them.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, you don't want to write us off just yet.

hows about actually getting strict about your recruitment, and actually making a case for the active members to start a fresh??? I honestly believe that you would do well - well alot better - even against 404, if you had a mass cull of players...

I think people would take you seriously then too... They dont at the mo.

DeletedUser

There's a glitch on TWStats atm - don't know why. Our total shows 440K in TW, but a drop of 140K on the stats, which is plain wrong. Either way, G.G has gone from 300K to 440K in the past week, whereas 404 has gone from 246K to 347K, a slightly slower rate of growth, but still healthy. (A.G has still grown from 112K to 140K).

I must say Lord Gregs boast about G.G amazing growth intreaged me. In PMs he seemed to suggest that the weight and growth of G.G would win out in the end

at that rate, you will still lose the war of attrition, especially if we continue to outgrow you.
So I decided to have a look to see how much G.G is outstripping 404s growth. Now I actually took some notes last week about size, members etc.

08/04/10 - G.G had 362k compared to 404s 330k so a difference of +32K
13/04/01 - G.G now have 445k, a growth of 83k and 404 have 416k, a growth of 86k. A differenct of +29k...

So actually....that would mean that dispite having less then half of their members....wait, no surly not...404 are actually *outgrowing* G.G!

Interestingly also, roughly 22.3 of G.Gs 83k came from new members coming in while they lost 36.9 from members leaving. (counting their points at the time of arriving and leaving as several left after being rimmed). In the same time frame 404 have recruited one new member (10k) and lost 3 members (2k) but two of those three were actually are smallest members anyway.

So its interesting that G.G are still mass recruiting away. But the question is, why are people joining them???