Goodbye UK5!

DeletedUser

I've dreaded this day, and anticipated it. It's a weird feeling, leaving a world. Even if you want to leave, there's a part of you that tells you to stay. Unfortunately, I just won't be able to do that. Most of those around me know why I am truly leaving. No, it's not because the world is boring (it is, just a bit). It's because on the 13th of August, I have surgery on my shoulder. After which, I will be in a sling and have months of physical therapy. I do not wish to play during that, at least not to lead.

I have mixed feelings on UK5, most of which will always bug me. "What could Why? have been?" is what will haunt me for weeks to come. I will admit, this is a game, but the friends I have made and the fun I have had is something real and visceral. I coplayed with one of the best out there, woodlandapple. No way I would have made it without him.

I regret a lot of decisions I made on UK5, but yet, I wouldn't change one of them. Why? could have definitely moved on, it could have definitely been the DNY of UK. But it's an unfortunate circumstance I did not lead it there. We faced a lot of hardships, quitting, coalitions, and tribal drama. That's to be expected of course, but we made a good run, and that's all a leader can ask for. We shaped and hardened some great players, who will surely continue to play this world for a long time to come.

Here are some of Why?'s achievements:

Rank Tribe name Points of the best 40 player Total points Members Average points per player Villages Average points per village
1 EWaR 1.738.400 2.027.357 63 32.180 348 5.826
2 Why? 1.253.800 1.253.800 23 54.513 195 6.430

Rank Tribe name Defeated
1 Because We Can! 3,37 Mio.
2 Elite Warriors 1,34 Mio.

Rank Tribe name Defeated
1 Because We Can! 4,79 Mio.
2 ZOIDAN 2,60 Mio.

I'm happy for what we've achieved here. I'm thankful for the members that stuck with me through thick in thin. I'm glad I stayed up 20 hours day, for those guys, just to lead them.Being able to lead you guys has been an amazing experience. Nothing but. Even though things simmered down, I wouldn't change a thing. Your character is determined by how you can give your all and walk away with a smile on your face.

That's what I'll be doing, as Why? disbands and my account is set to delete. (Not before killing my O on ZD stacks)

I can't end this thread without an opinion on the world. EWaR, they're not great, we had multiple spies in there. Though, through the ugly they are probably the best now. ZD, will be their next target and I see EWaR winning that one. There's a lot of great players and accounts (coplayed). I'd say the best player is Hammer235. This guy plays solo, and is a beast. I would say Via, but I really don't see any competition for him so that's a knock off. The best account was who are you, I say was because they're not too interested anymore.

Thank you all for this world, I wish you all luck. Goodbye UK5!

Cory

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Although I left Why? a while ago and handed my account over

I have to say it was fun Cory always is being under your rule.

I'm sure youl be back on another world in the future to rule again:icon_cool:

DeletedUser7529

Cory.

Just a shout out to you buddy. I enjoyed Why? myself. Even if I was in it 2 days with Cat in the Hat, and a week and a half in Who are you

You've done great things and shaped a good tribe. You have every right to be as proud as you are. Definitely a thread worth having. Take care man. All the best out to you.

Cheers buddy, im sure we will talk on skype, and we will hook up and kill some nubs together on MW. :D

Regards,
Retwep

DeletedUser6446

Cory, it´s been a pleasure, as always, to have been playing with you.

As I have said many times before, you are one of the very best leaders I have ever had the pleasure of working for and a great guy as well.

I wish you all the best and I´m sure you will be back sooner rather then later. ;)

DeletedUser

Goodbye Cory, you certainly made a tribe which had many people floundering and scared of.

Hope the op goes well.

DeletedUser

Cory,

It's been a pleasure to play in the same tribe as with you, and I am glad you gave me the opertunity to become a part of Why?. You are the best leader I have ever played under and being a part of Why? was a great experience. The fun I had there was unbelievable especially in the very on topic skype chat...
I hope you do come back to Tribal Wars sooner rather than later :)
Im not too good with words and making sensible posts, so I will leave it there!

oh, and Good luck with the operation, hope you a speedy recovery.
Chocolate

DeletedUser

Will miss you Cory ;(

Inb4ZD/eWarnoobssayingtheywon

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4389

Cya Cody

all the best with the op etc and hope to see you in another world at some point

Sorry I didnt stick with why? but had to play the game my way and didnt want to war so early on, cowardice I know but its how I play it

regards

Shiv

DeletedUser

Will miss you Cody ;(

Inb4ZD/eWarnoobssayingtheywon

Just to point out to "zd/eWarnoobssayingtheywon" (If any do), that Cory declared World War with his operation in mind.
A long long time ago, he asked us all what we wanted to do, either get a new leader, disband the tribe, or fight the world until he had to leave.

Majority of the tribe picked the last one, and anyone who didn't want to quit with him could leave.

I wouldn't say you beat Why?
You survived Why? in more accurate. But still, congrats to you. You managed what LEON! and sWARm couldn't.

DeletedUser6695

you'll be missed why?

anyone up for a coalition against Tribe? :lol:

DeletedUser

Goodbye Cory, I was being serious about my offer by the way :icon_wink:
Hope the OP goes well and you enjoy your time off, then you'll come back and rape all again. Why? was great, too bad some of the things happened, happened. But that's life.

See you around :)

DeletedUser

What offer?

And thanks guys! Surgery should go good, even though it's on Friday 13th =/

DeletedUser

Being part of Why? was my best tribal wars experience and I will miss the tribe a lot. If the original players on there original accounts had stayed we would have taken some beating and probably would have dominated for a long time.

Good luck with the operation Cory and keep in touch mate it was a real pleasure having you as a leader.

DeletedUser

Cya Cory its a shame to think what Why? could of been :icon_cry: But the question is what will rise out of the ashes :)

DeletedUser

Bye bye Cory. Had fun with Why? but its era has ended :icon_cry:. Good luck with your surgery (though friday the 13th...really :icon_razz:) and cya on UK6 :)