Great game :) , Sad people :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

This will be my first and last post on an external forum.Normally i don't feel the need to say negative stuff about people but i can't get over the amount of sad people in this game.I play this game for fun and out of boredom and it has no bearing in how i see myself in Rl.After reading over the ex forum out of boredom i was shocked to see the amount of people talking about having skills and wanting respect because they have achievied so many points or their od is huge look at me aren't i great ,i could keep going with the amount of crap they come out with.Now my point is these people need to take a look at themselves and realise this is just a game , enjoy it ,play it whatever way you like , you can be nice you can be horrible but please don't talk like achieving anything in this game is of any real importance.

DeletedUser

Hi, i think you miss the point of those posts, its part of the game, and some of it can influence the way the game plays out, personally i don't like the pnp aspect but some love it, each to there own.

DeletedUser

This will be my first and last post on an external forum.Normally i don't feel the need to say negative stuff about people but i can't get over the amount of sad people in this game.I play this game for fun and out of boredom and it has no bearing in how i see myself in Rl.After reading over the ex forum out of boredom i was shocked to see the amount of people talking about having skills and wanting respect because they have achievied so many points or their od is huge look at me aren't i great ,i could keep going with the amount of crap they come out with.Now my point is these people need to take a look at themselves and realise this is just a game , enjoy it ,play it whatever way you like , you can be nice you can be horrible but please don't talk like achieving anything in this game is of any real importance.

There is nothing wrong with being proud of your achievements in the game. Ofc we all know this game has nothing to do with real life (infact, it competes far too much imo!). (Almost) Everyone here acknowledges this is just a game however, from the rank 1 all the way to the noob.

PnP on this forum is a weapon of propoganda, its art, its certainly a talent to be good at it, so do not think everyone who posts how they do in the PnP, is necessarily how they really seem.

Tbh, I think this is just a dig at players who are big, more than anything, but meh...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7369

LMAO - part of the fun of the game is testing your abilities against others. If you can intimidate them with your greatness beforehand then all the better. I love reading how much ade loves himself and how much rev doesnt. its all fun. if people take it too seriously well thats the case with every game.

DeletedUser

If people want to be proud of their talents on the game let them.

Its all friendly competition, its not like anyone is saying they are far more superior in their life than others. Your right, its a game, so why create such a petty post? :lol:

DeletedUser

LMAO - part of the fun of the game is testing your abilities against others. If you can intimidate them with your greatness beforehand then all the better. I love reading how much ade loves himself and how much rev doesnt. its all fun. if people take it too seriously well thats the case with every game.

I'm a noob and proud.

DeletedUser

I support this thread because I felt like being the only one to do so.

:]

DeletedUser

Here's my opinion as a tribe mate of fatherrahl.

6 months ago I could have wrote the very same post on the W2 ext forum as flamming became a real issue. Frankly 90% (my best guesstimate going by feedback from other posters/lurkers) were fed up of a few posters who never had anything constructive to say but rather used the ext forums to bait and flame each other.

The moderators eventually had enough and a few months ago the W2 forum was closed down for a few days. Since then things have improved.

However I will now try and address 'father's' points.

This will be my first and last post on an external forum.Normally i don't feel the need to say negative stuff about people but i can't get over the amount of sad people in this game.

Knowing fatherrahl as well as I do as he is a tribe mate I can tell you this is the first time I have heard him be negative. Since it isn't his usual way of posting then I immediately wanted to know what was upsetting him?

I play this game for fun and out of boredom and it has no bearing in how i see myself in Rl.After reading over the ex forum out of boredom i was shocked to see the amount of people talking about having skills and wanting respect because they have achievied so many points or their od is huge look at me aren't i great ,i could keep going with the amount of crap they come out with.

So he plays the game for fun. I would wager that 95% of the players on this world play the game for fun.
However some people try and project a "look at me I'm hard", image in-game and on this forum when in reality they are nothing but chickens and weeds in RL. I always remember seeing a picture of one lad who had a hard man image in-game and I laughed my head of.

However on the flip side because I had seen the pic I was less intimidated by his fighting talk in-game and on the externals. So his bigging himself up had a psychological effect on me until I saw that picture. So I can appreciate why some use these forums to big themselves and their tribes up.

Now my point is these people need to take a look at themselves and realise this is just a game , enjoy it ,play it whatever way you like , you can be nice you can be horrible but please don't talk like achieving anything in this game is of any real importance.

I will pull you up on this father and say that for SOME achieving at this game may be important. It may be the very thing that gives them a bit more confidence to push themselves further in RL. However for the vast majority it means nothing. Do you think if I last till the end of W2 and W4 that a few months later I will actually give a monkeys about this?

No I wont. What I will give a monkeys about are things like my sons ASD condition, how the state of the economy here in Ireland will affect me, how much money I have in my bank account, who's going to win the Heineken Cup?

No after a short while this game, the players and the achievements will be forgotten. I may pass you on the Street and not even know it was you.

So I would say enjoy your little moments of glory in this game but keep it in perspective. It is only a game and you are only one player in that game and if you continually bait, harass and flame people eventually they might not want to play with you anymore. Then you'll have to go and make new friends on t'internet.

p.s. Flame me all you like. I'm used to it and couldn't give a 'rats behind' what you think of me. Just think about your motivation for playing the game and posting here. Are you trying to pretend you are something you are not? If so you may have issues in RL and maybe you need to sort them out before they become too big and out of control.

DeletedUser

So he plays the game for fun. I would wager that 95% of the players on this world play the game for fun.
However some people try and project a "look at me I'm hard", image in-game and on this forum when in reality they are nothing but chickens and weeds in RL. I always remember seeing a picture of one lad who had a hard man image in-game and I laughed my head of.

Good players know how intimidate their opponent beforehand, a hard-man persona may not be liked by yourself, but there's not denying that you would be slightly apprehensive to take on some of the bigger accounts like Reverend, Smile? BattleAxe etc if you were close to them. Its simply respecting those that are good at the game.

However on the flip side because I had seen the pic I was less intimidated by his fighting talk in-game and on the externals. So his bigging himself up had a psychological effect on me until I saw that picture. So I can appreciate why some use these forums to big themselves and their tribes up.

You clearly are trying to mingle RL with TW. There is a massive difference. A cripple in real life can easily beat an athlete. Real life is IRRELEVANT. This is a fantasy game. You submit to the fantasy when you play with. You own villages in the game; do you do this in real life? No. So why should a player's RL attributes amount to anything in-game?

A great player on TW is the RL eqivalent of a great athlete, or very talented music artist, or a cutting-edge scientist.

In RL, we give respect to these great figures.

In TW, we give respect to our best players. That is convention.
To not give due respect to those who are better than you at the game; merely suggests you are jealous, and that's quite a weak *RL* attitude to have, let alone on TribalWars.

I will pull you up on this father and say that for SOME achieving at this game may be important. It may be the very thing that gives them a bit more confidence to push themselves further in RL. However for the vast majority it means nothing. Do you think if I last till the end of W2 and W4 that a few months later I will actually give a monkeys about this?

What's the objective of this game shaneyboycian? To win, surely? To be the best? Not to noob around nobling barbs. TO the vast majority that it means nothing, its because they will never win because of their substandard gameplay.

No I wont. What I will give a monkeys about are things like my sons ASD condition, how the state of the economy here in Ireland will affect me, how much money I have in my bank account, who's going to win the Heineken Cup?

Your RL concerns are perfectly legitimate; however they don't really have a place on TribalWars, in much the same way you say that TW has no real place in RL (beyond time).

No after a short while this game, the players and the achievements will be forgotten. I may pass you on the Street and not even know it was you.

People don't play TribalWars for fame on the street or IRL. People gain fame on the game itself. That is all they wish to achieve. None of them remotely want RL fame via TW... that would be very sad anyway... XD

So I would say enjoy your little moments of glory in this game but keep it in perspective. It is only a game and you are only one player in that game and if you continually bait, harass and flame people eventually they might not want to play with you anymore. Then you'll have to go and make new friends on t'internet.

Not necessarily here to make friends. We are here to win this game. Rank 1 points/Rank 1 OD/ODA/ODD rank 1 tribe, rank 1 OD for tribe etc etc friends are secondary (but fantastic I must admit!).

p.s. Flame me all you like. I'm used to it and couldn't give a 'rats behind' what you think of me. Just think about your motivation for playing the game and posting here. Are you trying to pretend you are something you are not? If so you may have issues in RL and maybe you need to sort them out before they become too big and out of control.

Shock horror : This is TW, not RL. Please realise the difference.

~Red.

DeletedUser

I read alot of this forum and on many boards and I dont say much in most of them tbh.

This is just a game, simple as that, nothing more, it means nothing in RL, your status and ego on here mean zilch in RL thankfully, many on here have a very over inflated impression of themselves, and their egos are frankly to the roof.

This as said is just a game, leave the abuse however mild out of it, as we all began with 1 villa and we were all noobs or newbies at one stage, so lets not go forgetting that when we choose to call someone a noob in this game.

The spying I find it funny to be honest, the php I find them funny to, frankly how anyone can spy is beyond me, but some do and believe that they are more awesome for doing it, sad really.

Most of the chats on the ex forum are good chats tho, excluding all the egos from them, like Shane said, in RL 99.9% of these so called hard man, with their HUGE egos most women wouldnt give them a 2nd look lmao.

RL always comes 1st before this game, my family come 1st before this game always, my life, my friends all come 1st before this game as it should be for all, true some spent 15 + hours a day on here, seriously now peeps, your RL suffers for that big time and all for what, so you can have 200 villas, alot of nukes and ego the size of the grand cannon lol.

Enjoy the game, enjoy the chats with you tribe mates, enjoy the chats with PAs, if php`s are your thing, enjoy them, but lets all get a reality check going, RL 1st game 2nd, and all the ego`s, talking down to perople, leave it all at the door when you enter, as we are ALL equal here, no one person is better than anyone else period.

As for playing the game to be ranked number 1 in all things, that is what this game is about, but if you began it, with 1 villa and achieve all that, my hat comes off to you.

But if like many, you simply took over an account of a quitting big ranked player, which seems to be the thing to do these days, then lose the ego, dont be spouting off about skill, as those of you who have done this, it took no skill on your part to become a high ranked player.

DeletedUser

Wow Adellion, you really do take this game far too seriously.

You are trying to compare the respect of a great athlete to the respect of a good TW'er. Can I point something out? A great athlete comes out at the end of the race having achieved something and get's respect because he's earned it, he may not even enjoy running, but he does it because he's good at it.

A "good" TW'er is someone who has experience playing this game. A "good" TW'er is someone who spends 15 hours a day clicking about on a game. There is no such thing as a "good" TW'er - it's just somebody who's had more experience and more free time in the game, and that is it. So, If you disagree with me Adellion, how do you get such greatness? Athletes can be born with a natural running ability, or they could practice every day. Either way they are doing something that will possibly go down in the history books. Give this game 10 years, and nobody will remember the name "Tribalwars."

Meanwhile, your overinflated ego will either continue to run into the real world, where every single person you talk to stands there and thinks "What a total ----head." Or you continue to be your shy, timid self where nobody sees you at all. Either way by being how you are on this game, Adellion - shows you are lacking something In real life.

As for me, I am argumentative. Get over it.

DeletedUser

Adellion is right.

There's always going to be second bad side we can pick up on or you can look at the positive side.

Bad Side: Flaming can often be seen as a bullying tactic and reading all arguments can sometimes affect emotional people.

Good Side: Flaming often leads to very in-depth and well put together arguments. Arguments aren't bad and to be able to put up a good argument is always useful.

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6981 - Read

DeletedUser

You made some valid points Ade.

You are right about RL though, but I have difficulty finding anyone that actively mixes his/her RL with his/her TW. Some seem to suggest that my life is TW, but far from it. If I told you I had no ego in RL, I doubt any1 except those who are very close friends of mine would believe me. Plus, its fun to experiment with being a right knob at times. :icon_rolleyes:

Wow Adellion, you really do take this game far too seriously.

o_O, let me get my popcorn, a noob is talking trash to me again. How entertaining. Maybe I should 3D glasses to get a better visual too? Or maybe those expensive 3D TVs? I can ditch the glasses then.

You are trying to compare the respect of a great athlete to the respect of a good TW'er. Can I point something out? A great athlete comes out at the end of the race having achieved something and get's respect because he's earned it, he may not even enjoy running, but he does it because he's good at it.

Can I point something out? A great TW player comes out at the end of their tenure on the world with a high rank, or reputation for excellent skills and gameplay. He may not enjoy the obsessive farming one has to do, but he does it because he's GOOD at it.

A "good" TW'er is someone who has experience playing this game. A "good" TW'er is someone who spends 15 hours a day clicking about on a game. There is no such thing as a "good" TW'er - it's just somebody who's had more experience and more free time in the game, and that is it. So, If you disagree with me Adellion, how do you get such greatness? Athletes can be born with a natural running ability, or they could practice every day. Either way they are doing something that will possibly go down in the history books. Give this game 10 years, and nobody will remember the name "Tribalwars."

Experience doesn't do jack unless you know how to use it. I wasn't experienced on my first world on w14. I was a right noob. An idiot. How far did I go? Urm... about 4mil in points. I got up to 1mil, then lost 850k, then nobled back up to 4mil. Crash course, ftw? You bet. But then I practised and learnt techniques, and practised those. I am still learning... just not as much as other people as I know a lot already. But I'm far from perfect. Just better than most. That is all.

Unless INNOGAMES shuts TribalWars, anyone who plays this game will continue to remember it, even in 10 years or so (if TW lasts that long). There is history in TribalWars. When famous TW players come, we remember their successes. E.g. If I see "Blue Hunger" (a.k.a. Bloodhood) post in the forums, then I immediately remember w6 CHE!!! and w17 CHE!!! and uk1 CHE!!!. Please don't suggest that famous players are not tributed as such. I've had some players attest that I'm one of the best people to ask for advice on TribalWars on w47, and I've quit net since w30. >_>

Meanwhile, your overinflated ego will either continue to run into the real world, where every single person you talk to stands there and thinks "What a total ----head." Or you continue to be your shy, timid self where nobody sees you at all. Either way by being how you are on this game, Adellion - shows you are lacking something In real life.

You don't really know me in RL. Stop making comments about what you don't know. My attitude in RL is completely different from here. You are a really poor judge of character if you think TW is an accurate reflection of RL. You cannot make such foolish and noob comparisions.

Stop trying to justify your own inadequacy by trying to suggest I'm a sad nerd who stay infront of his computer 24/7 and therefore that's the way I get to the size I am. Its not just about activity, its about skill. The sooner you drop your arrogance and learn how to play this game properly and accept some players are better, and learn from them instead, only then will your opinion hold any weight at all.

As for me, I am argumentative. Get over it.

Argumentative attitudes are only good when you have talent to back then. You are all talk and little talent to go with it. :icon_rolleyes:

Red.

DeletedUser3953

OK, olis, you do entertain me with your posts, but how you describe a good "tw'er" is the same way an athlete becomes great. Practice. Most great atheltes devote their entire early lives learning the game the will play, often sacrificing RL to accomplish it. Now, TW is not athletics, but as athletes with natural ability get a boost, tw players with great computer knowledge get a boost. Then athletes use steroids to cheat and get better, and "tw'er" use illegal scripts. I don't know the comparison seems extremely valid to me. Even though I hate to agree with ade.

DeletedUser

OK, olis, you do entertain me with your posts, but how you describe a good "tw'er" is the same way an athlete becomes great. Practice. Most great atheltes devote their entire early lives learning the game the will play, often sacrificing RL to accomplish it. Now, TW is not athletics, but as athletes with natural ability get a boost, tw players with great computer knowledge get a boost. Then athletes use steroids to cheat and get better, and "tw'er" use illegal scripts. I don't know the comparison seems extremely valid to me. Even though I hate to agree with ade.

Its cause I smell... :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

You all keep going on about "skill." You're playing a computer game; there is no skill involved - you click here or you click there. The only difference between a noob and an experienced player is that the experienced player knows when to click and when not to click.

By referring to anything to do with TW using Skill is like saying It takes skill to peel a potato.

And, you've actually agreed with me there. Practice; usually the more experienced you are the more practice you've had.

You have 2 people who want to become runners. Both train exactly the same amount of time throughout their lives. Are you telling me that they are definetly going to finish in the same time as each other? No because there are differences that go beyond just practice; in TW - this is not true.

Oh also Ade, I would like to say that I am quite talented at being argumentative, because I got a response out of you ;). Also it seems I hit the nail on the head when I was talking about the timid bit ;) some people echo their personality in a game; others make up alter egos. Why would you make an alter ego if you weren't happy with what you have IRL?

So, is my arrogance starting to annoy you yet? ;)

DeletedUser

You all keep going on about "skill." You're playing a computer game; there is no skill involved - you click here or you click there. The only difference between a noob and an experienced player is that the experienced player knows when to click and when not to click.

This is the one of the biggest fail statements I've ever heard in my life. Of course there is skill!!! Only a fool would suggest otherwise. You've just proven to the world how noob you are. If Drebel had any sense, he'd ban you from posting in the forums for embarassing his tribe. I would've kicked you for silly comments like that if you were in Bi!.

By referring to anything to do with TW using Skill is like saying It takes skill to peel a potato.

Doesn't it involve a bit of skill to avoid cutting yourself? With good practise you become more proficient at peeling it. Same with TW.

And, you've actually agreed with me there. Practice; usually the more experienced you are the more practice you've had.

Practice is only good if you have the SKILL to know what to practice in the first place.

You have 2 people who want to become runners. Both train exactly the same amount of time throughout their lives. Are you telling me that they are definetly going to finish in the same time as each other? No because there are differences that go beyond just practice; in TW - this is not true.

No, there are genetic variations. And they may be different at different types of race. Consider Nauzhror to be a sprinter. Consider me to be marathon-man in comparision. But anyway, that wasn't my point was it? :icon_rolleyes:

Oh also Ade, I would like to say that I am quite talented at being argumentative, because I got a response out of you ;). Also it seems I hit the nail on the head when I was talking about the timid bit ;) some people echo their personality in a game; others make up alter egos. Why would you make an alter ego if you weren't happy with what you have IRL?

So, is my arrogance starting to annoy you yet? ;)

Beating your own drum. You've just had Radarr, ClamjuKiller agree with me, no one is really agreeing with you. Take a hint; you are wrong. Players far more experienced and talented than you are saying so. I'm not saying they are God. But compared to you, they are way better, so I suggest you listen to them rather than argue with me when they clearly backed what I said.

I LOVE make alter egos. Because its fun. If I was a dick in real life then I'd have no friends. And I enjoy having friends. Therefore I'm very nice in real life and have a massive friend circle there.

On TW I'm much more mean. Why? Cause I want to see what happens when you act like a complete knob. One would except I'd have no friends. But the surprising thing is... I have just as many friends! Curious! And want to know the reason why? I'll tell you why.

Players who are talented at TribalWars gain the respect of other players. When people respect me in the game, I have a tendency to be nice to them. Therefore, while they acknowledge I have an ego on the forums, they never are on the receiving end of it because they are my friends. Instead, I'm friendly and likeable enough.

You are on the receiving end because you make mundane points and suggest my RL is a shambles. That's an insult because its not really true, therefore I will consider you and inferior, untalented and epic failure of a player, and your PnP is not much better either. Truly, you are putting on a noob costume here and dancing on the forums subliminally screaming "I'm a noob, flame me!!! Watch me try to act big and hard to Adellion the biggest knob bully on the forums!!! Aren't I hard?" And I'm just flaming you for my entertainment.

Lol, let's face it kid, you are cannon fodder for me. And probably you'd be the same in-game if I was close enough, I could probably rim you without too much trouble.

But hey... that's what happens to noobs... ^

DeletedUser3953

By saying this you prove your skill level. TW is much more then knowing when to click.

Um, have you ever peeled a potato? It does take skill to get it done quickly, or you could spend 5 minutes on each one. Like anything else, some people will have better hand eye coordination then others, so they will peel a potato quicker then others.

Yes practice does count, but there are a lot of people who have spent a lot of time playing, but aren't as competitive as others, so they don't take the time to play correctly.

I disagree completely. Like in anything people are better at certain portions of the game. You have people who like to defend, people who like offense, people who like start up, people who like late game. In runners you have sprinters, so get off the blocks well, some are better finishing the race. People are always different because of how they prefer things.

P.S. please don't respond, I HATE agreeing with ade, lol

DeletedUser

This is the one of the biggest fail statements I've ever heard in my life. Of course there is skill!!! Only a fool would suggest otherwise. You've just proven to the world how noob you are. If Drebel had any sense, he'd ban you from posting in the forums for embarassing his tribe. I would've kicked you for silly comments like that if you were in Bi!.

Um, have you ever peeled a potato? It does take skill to get it done quickly, or you could spend 5 minutes on each one. Like anything else, some people will have better hand eye coordination then others, so they will peel a potato quicker then others.

You have more or less proven the original poster's point.

Status
Not open for further replies.