Greetings uk18

• Thread starter DeletedUser12632
  • Start date

DeletedUser11069

And on the last 2 worlds you went down from top to bottom within 48 hours (I bet it was the same on the first one aswell). Congrats?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol. The irony of you calling him a moron. he said once you have made the jump from thinking pits are important at start up to knowing farming is then you have grasped the most important part of start-up. in other words dont build pits build troops. His post wasn't even cryptic and you managed to a) get it wrong and b) confuse which of the two of you is a moron.

re Nauz teaching comments - I know he can teach but lots of people he has taught do stuff because "nauz said its so" rather than because "i understand that by doing this it will have this effect and therefore enable me to do x,y,z sooner"

He was being sarcastic, vendetta* A. Knows who I am, and B. Is a better player than me. He wasn't being serious unless speed pitwhoring has finally muddled his brain.

But anyway. Yeah, most teachers are terribly bad at explaining things, and people who say "I did this because nauz did" normally weren't actually taught by him, they just read forum posts and assumed that a defensive start was better, or whatnot. When actually teaching, nauz is pretty damn good at explaining things, I've seen him do it.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
re Nauz teaching comments - I know he can teach but lots of people he has taught do stuff because "nauz said its so" rather than because "i understand that by doing this it will have this effect and therefore enable me to do x,y,z sooner"

I would agree with zard, those were very very, unlikely to have been people I actually taught 1 on 1. When teaching a player I encourage them to ask as many questions as come to mind, - specifically the questions pertaining to the "whys", rather than "whats".

I also want them to tell me when they disagree with anything I say and explain why. This serves multiple purposes. It lets me see that they can think critically. It lets me explain why they're mistaken (if they are) and if they're not - lets me potentially learn something from them (admittedly this isn't usually the outcome of such disagreements, but I'm still very much openminded to the possibility that they are right and I am the one whom is wrong on a topic).

DeletedUser11285

If you want to become a great player you can not do what people tell you. if sumone teaches you you learn there strategies and flaws every play has diffrent builds and diffrent strategies to win wars. you need to find your own way to play and your own strategies on how to play its the same as when in a tribe every tribe has a diffrent way of playing the key is to figure out the other players weakness. The 3 main things i think you need to learn is Sniping, Backtiming, Mass fake. you can use the simulator to figure out what village build you like the look off

DeletedUser

IThe 3 main things i think you need to learn is Sniping, Backtiming, Mass fake.
I couldnt think of three more useless skills in all of TW. Well mass faking I guess is useful to just grind people down.

DeletedUser

Mass faking on UK makes most people quit once they see over 1k incomings.. So I guess that's good.

Doesn't it CF :lol: :icon_wink: (no not saying he quit, rather that we made many quit from doing this)

DeletedUser

Just coz we're all so used to double or at worst triple digit figures, yeah.

But i mean if you can tag that on net why not here?

It still doesnt really take any skill to do, just time and a high boredom threshold. And a good opera setup.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
The 3 main things i think you need to learn is Sniping, Backtiming, Mass fake. you can use the simulator to figure out what village build you like the look off

Mass faking is one of those flaws you referenced prior.

Well-times fakes specifically sent to appear to be real attacks are far more convincing than obnoxious spam attacks.

Backtiming is bordering on useless, it's far overused, most of the time when people are backtiming - they shouldn't be.

Sniping is worth knowing how to do, but once again very over-used. People use it as their goto method of choice when they shouldn't, much like backtiming it should be a last resort, proper defending should be your goto method of choice.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
What do you mean by 'proper defending' just stacking?

Using defense to defend, not offense to backtime.

There's also a lot more to it than that.

You can split up the rebuild time between multiple villages by having the defending troops made in multiple villages.