Hall of Fame

DeletedUser

Interesting. How are the rankings for the hall of fame worked out? Are they merely the tribe/player rankings that are in-game?

DeletedUser

Just lists top three ranked players and all the members of the rank 1 tribe.

Thanks. Though I have to say, it'd be interesting to see a more accurate Hall Of Fame, showing "The Best Players" of the world not the biggest point whores (and I'm talking about later on in the game, not now Nauz <3)
Later on, it'll just be those that end up building point-worth buildings, in order to get their name in fame. I know it'd be extremely difficult to do/script/work out/find the correct balance, but it'd be so awesome if the rankings for Hall of Fame counted ODA/D/T, points, average points per village as well as many other of the current award/rankings.
Perhaps it is impossible, but it's just a suggestion that I'd like to see.

DeletedUser

Thanks. Though I have to say, it'd be interesting to see a more accurate Hall Of Fame, showing "The Best Players" of the world not the biggest point whores (and I'm talking about later on in the game, not now Nauz <3)
Later on, it'll just be those that end up building point-worth buildings, in order to get their name in fame. I know it'd be extremely difficult to do/script/work out/find the correct balance, but it'd be so awesome if the rankings for Hall of Fame counted ODA/D/T, points, average points per village as well as many other of the current award/rankings.
Perhaps it is impossible, but it's just a suggestion that I'd like to see.

I agree, but "Best Players" is an opinion that is subject to bias far too frequently.

E.g. Some players would say Nauzhror isn't the best player because he never plays more than a few villages and thus, would lack tribal loyalty.

(not saying this is my view, just an example opinion)

DeletedUser

I don't mean having the Hall of Fame player dictated, I'd want some magical formula that evaluates your OD, points, villages, awards etc and ranks you 1-3.

DeletedUser

well the best players would be the players with the most hauled aswell as the ones who have the most troops/points. Imo

Nauzhror

Reaction score
well the best players would be the players with the most hauled aswell as the ones who have the most troops/points. Imo

Perhaps, but not necessarily fair to show ranks that count that since some people with high troops/res might not want that known (being underestimates can be an awesome asset), and some top ranked players surely don't want their low troops/res to be known.

DeletedUser

I don't mean having the Hall of Fame player dictated, I'd want some magical formula that evaluates your OD, points, villages, awards etc and ranks you 1-3.

The formula would be subject to debate too.

DeletedUser

That's cool but utterly pointless since it's not linked anywhere on the site...

DeletedUser

this hall of fame thing is stupid imo basing it on the best 3 players and the top tribe

it should rank the top 3 tribes based on points and od as it its tribal wars not highest point player wars