Hate this world or love it

DeletedUser

I'm still unsure what I think of this world, some points I hate but love.

I think this world needed churches and pala, but not sure.

The slow farming got an aim to it, this will be seen soon I think.
As lack in farming may push players to defence troops add a tribe to that big defence world offence maybe killed off with ease.

Is it a point whore would?
If so why?
We are pushed to build resources more than troops?
If you not got the resources how you really build your village to have troops?

This world that slow it's going to make things hard, well I'm stressing already :icon_rolleyes:

Hold on I always stress! so no change there I guess lol for a time I thought there was something new about TW life

DeletedUser9748

I believe that if Tracey would re-consider the settings on this world, she would have increased it's speed at 1.5 if not on 2.
Farming limit changes your playstyle a lot. You have to consider in building more pits at start up and at the same time have some troops in order not to get pwned by troopwhores. This world is to be hated and loved at equal levels!

Problem is...will it be a success? Or people will start dropping inactive and leave only a few tribes struggling to conquer the 4 continents (wonder if it will get beyond the 4 K's to be honest)

DeletedUser6775

I think the settings are fine and i love this world!!!

yes its more about point whoring or mine whoring to an able good growth later on in the game due to the haul limit but the haul limit is making the world nice and slow so i can get on with my work and still play loging in as i need to farm to meet the limit.

It will be different come noble time and people will need to be more active as the fighting start but for now im building a few troops now and then and mine whoring

DeletedUser282

I'm still unsure what I think of this world, some points I hate but love.

I think this world needed churches and pala, but not sure.

As lack in farming may push players to defence troops add a tribe to that big defence world offence maybe killed off with ease.

SO your worry is that defence and stacking will be too powerful to beat?
And yet you think that paladins would have made this better, do you not realise that with paladins one of your main "problems" with this world is made worse.

To be honest, I feel that this world is brilliant, people keep moaning that it is too slow, but that is the point, it allows less active players to not just be dominated by people with much more free time.

As for the defence thing. I feel that during start up it is easier to play as offence than defence, and that has never really seemed fair, with these settings, and assuming a relateivly organised tribe, that is not really the case.

DeletedUser

I not moaning well ok I maybe but lets look at TW :icon_eek:

Big accounts well two reasons well 3.
1. got a job that's lets them play and a home pc.
2. got 2/5 co-players.
3. got a rich mum and dad and not got to work at all.

I agree this world lets the less inactive play, yes that real true.

This world can not make it mind up on to farm well you need offence troops.
Farm with defence you pay for your farming in troops.

I am lost in this world

DeletedUser6775

I think this world is about mines and offensive troops in another 2 weeks im sure nobles will not be that far away and you will need the off troops to clear any villages you plan to take.

DeletedUser5175

Limited hauls is a different style of play Untamed. i played No Hauls which isn't exactly the same but the world settings made it similar in a way (half price packets / coins will be missed in this world later I think [but thats not the point now]). So bearing in mind i'm drawing comparisons and not speaking from a direct experience of w11 these are my thoughts.

Playing this world will improve everyone's start up technique. This is because when your resources are limited you have to carefully consider build orders. Building in the correct order is one of the advantages that some players have during start-up. Yes farming is often the main advantage but build orders should not be forgotten as well, indeed building correctly separates the best, many people are good at farming - only a limited amount can farm well and know what to build and when to build it. So playing a world like this makes you really think about what and when your building. You may get it wrong - but that's experience and it's an experience you can't write of with a stock excuse - "well those players doing better are co-played / have no life, have better farming areas" etc. You will then be able to draw on that experience on a later world and combine your farming skills with carefully considered building.

You have to find new ways to get an edge. I used my market for this, I traded excess resources for a profit - small potatoes compared to what I could have gotten on a full on farmin world - but all the same resources other accounts weren't getting that I was this put me ahead. That's another way the game changes - little things like that can give you the edge that farming did.

Troops, you can only farm so much, there's always been the tribal wars adage "troops not doing anything are wasted troops" the point behind the saying is that troops are your edge in this game they are what you use to win whether by increasing your economy or taking down your competition. But on a limited hauls world - more troops does not necessarily mean more income - indeed more troops may be putting you behind. Which is radical to someone who has played for a while.

So in essence the rules have changed - the way to play is different. I had 200 scouts and no troops until I was finishing my smithy on no hauls. Later I was 1st to an ODA milestone. I had to completely re-think when to start building troops. I found that very interesting - every pit increase was a gamble - the longer I held off building troops the stronger my troop building potential became - on the other hand the longer I held of building troops the more vulnerable I was to foreign attack.

What was fun for me about no hauls was that it was a game I knew - but I had to re-think how I played it - I wasn't just going through the same motions that I do on every other world. I had to think. Ask my friends what they were doing make new decisions for scenarios I had came across time and time again - but this time my call was different to how I would normally go. I found that fun and fresh.

But I didn't alter my game to radically - i still nobled a player first mwah - they still (mostly) build better than barbs - certainly they build faster!

My point I guess (if I have / need one) is to take what you know about tribal wars - what you learned and re-think it come up with new strategies and see where old ones can still be used. It's an experience to play a different world and however it pans out you will take something from it.

DeletedUser

limited hauls is for lazy people, No matter how you dress it up...... with a no haul limit world then it takes 5 mins every 3 or 4 hours to send farm runs and anyone can do it so theres no excuse for not doing it. The only good thing about the no hauls world is that your neighbours are whoring mines so will make good farms eventually!

i honestly cannot believe for a minute that anybody taking the world seriously is happy with no/limited hauls! what is the point? I am one of the laziest farmers around but even when i play solo i usually get atleast the top 100 after nobles come into play so if you cant keep up then join a nub server and leave the rest of us that enjoy playing proper worlds to play. no/limited hauls are just going to teach newbs to turtle and piss everyone off.

DeletedUser

limited hauls is for lazy people, No matter how you dress it up...... with a no haul limit world then it takes 5 mins every 3 or 4 hours to send farm runs and anyone can do it so theres no excuse for not doing it. The only good thing about the no hauls world is that your neighbours are whoring mines so will make good farms eventually!

i honestly cannot believe for a minute that anybody taking the world seriously is happy with no/limited hauls! what is the point? I am one of the laziest farmers around but even when i play solo i usually get atleast the top 100 after nobles come into play so if you cant keep up then join a nub server and leave the rest of us that enjoy playing proper worlds to play. no/limited hauls are just going to teach newbs to turtle and piss everyone off.

If you don't like it why don't you go join a 'pr0' server and quit whining, and give other less experienced/new players a change to maybe have decent rankings.

no/limited hauls are to encourage new players to play and get enjoyment out of it

DeletedUser6775

i honestly cannot believe for a minute that anybody taking the world seriously is happy with no/limited hauls! what is the point? I am one of the laziest farmers around but even when i play solo i usually get at least the top 100 after nobles come into play so if you cant keep up then join a nub server and leave the rest of us that enjoy playing proper worlds to play. no/limited hauls are just going to teach newbs to turtle and piss everyone off.

Your wrong. my time is limited due to being married, have a job where i need to do site visits. I don't have the time to play full time, to be on line 20 hours a day to do farming. I can play and can play well. me and lumpy co-playing uk 6 in Gold/JBOX to just short of a million points and top 20 oda for some time if i remember correctly. we only stopped playing due to personal life issues but we needed to co played each other due to us having limited playing time.

This world enables me to play solo due to the game speed and limited hauls. i am all ways on the haul limit and doing well i think to say i started a day late :lol:

its not about being lazy its abouts about having the free time to play the game in the 1st place

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i love this world as it's made the game more of a challenge from the start, it makes you think, change tactics and look at whats around you more.
:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser5596

hate it or love it, is yet to be decided, but i'm back which is a start.

DeletedUser6695

You reach top 100 on an uncompetitive server? I fail to see why you're complaining about a fairer playing field :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

w55 was the last time i played solo and i was top 20/30 until around 200 vills and then left. (i did have a co for maybe 8 weeks at around 80 vills)

and i was just ranting a lil because the limited hauls is slowing things down, I play no other worlds now so uk11 is all i have to keep me interested :(

DeletedUser

Seems to me as though the world is biased toward the people who started day 1. As haul limit increases every day then the later starters are never going to catch up because aggressive farming is precluded. It stands to reason that the initial starters will be the first to noble thus increasing their haul limit whilst the late starters will eventually end up as farms.

DeletedUser

Good thinking..
g.gif

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Seems to me as though the world is biased toward the people who started day 1. As haul limit increases every day then the later starters are never going to catch up because aggressive farming is precluded. It stands to reason that the initial starters will be the first to noble thus increasing their haul limit whilst the late starters will eventually end up as farms.

Same on any world.. you have two players with identical farming abilities, the one that starts later should never catch the one that start first...

I think join day 1... do nothing for 2 weeks then restart... you end up on the rim with a massive daily haul limited compared to your neighbours and should easily be able to dominate your area... (I presume your haul limits relates to your start date not your re-start date...)

DeletedUser

Same on any world.. you have two players with identical farming abilities, the one that starts later should never catch the one that start first...

I think join day 1... do nothing for 2 weeks then restart... you end up on the rim with a massive daily haul limited compared to your neighbours and should easily be able to dominate your area... (I presume your haul limits relates to your start date not your re-start date...)

It resets, if we believe Perfect Harmony.

KrAzY eYeZ kIlLa041 on 11.12. at 21:14
Why the restart?

Perfect Harmony on 11.12. at 21:33
hmm, I have enjoyed new quest system so much that i decided do it again ;)

KrAzY eYeZ kIlLa041 on 11.12. at 21:34
Sounds silly.

Out of interest, can you still haul however much you could previously daily? Or does it reset to the 2k limit?

Perfect Harmony on 11.12. at 21:37
yyy, Tom right?

But seriously I had no intention to play uk11. was in just to check out ver 8, what quest gives and how is work.

reset
Resources looted: 15,042/2,000 (Help)

DeletedUser6775

that dont look right.... Resources looted: 15,042/2,000 (Help)

if it re-sets surely it would be 2,000/2,000 and not massively over the limit!

DeletedUser9902

i love it, the active players win, you have to be on all the time for the first day to noble really and then all on the next day not to get nobled, I love it.