Hauls

DeletedUser

Consider yourself enlightened ^^
Sure there are reasons to use 2 lc, heck I'm farming bigger than that atm. But in an ideal world, you'd ram down all the walls of your farms, then keep them there. Cats would help with this but of course not everyone builds them.

DeletedUser

Consider yourself enlightened ^^
Sure there are reasons to use 2 lc, heck I'm farming bigger than that atm. But in an ideal world, you'd ram down all the walls of your farms, then keep them there. Cats would help with this but of course not everyone builds them.
Okay so as I figured you dont understand farming.

Think of it in the most simplistic way possible and you will better understand.

Imagine you have 2 villages next to you.

Both are magically filled with res so they never run out. One is 5 blocks away 1 in 2 blocks away. How many lc would you send to each and why?

If you understand that now understand what farming is.

There are three aspects to farming

1) Duration
2) Total Haul Capacity
3) Actual Haul percentage

What you are describing is "spam" farming sending one lc everywhere. Spam farming increases #3 in heavily farmed areas but also increases #1 meaning you have worse duration but better haul %. And while this trade off can pay off, at this time in the world it is not likely that it would as the increase in your duration would outweigh the increase you haul %.

Sending 1 lc at a time IS the best way to farm though....so no he doesn't fail on any levels.

The most efficient way to farm is 1 lc at a time, sending them every 'x' minutes where 'x' is the number of minutes the village needs to generate 80 res.

Haahaa if you have unlimited time to calculate and send :p I cant imagine anyone has ever done this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Matt :D wow...

So in the top half of that post you imagine an ideal scenario, then in the bottom half you dismiss a scenario because it's too ideal? :icon_biggrin:

Sure, thanks for laying it out in an easy to understand way, tbh I haven't really seen it explained better, anywhere, but where do you get your assumption that I'm talking about spam farming? All I said was that 2 lc to every village is not the most efficient way to farm. Given that the guy I was criticising was talking about spam farming, and doing so even less efficiently than what you imagined I was proposing, why do you have a problem with my posts and not his?

DeletedUser4753

n00b i imagine the way you farm is not what nauz proposed.

i take it you merely micro farm, ram down walls/maybe shape farms but end of day are just firing through a/b buttons to get lots of lc out in small numbers.

this is not the most effective method of farming usualy, not to mention even it is, time used is :/

c button farming however isnt that bad, it is very much like sending 1lc when 80 res is thier, just instead of sending 1lc for 80 you would say send 5 for 400, whilst this ofc leaves open the chance for some to steal the res in the mean time, tis far better more efficient way to aquire res, in both method and time required.

If n00b you have devised a nifty little spread sheet and found a way to accurately send 1 lc to every barb exactly when its needed, no sooner, no later and keep it going so it is in effect yields the most res via farming, then hats off to you.

but if you merely fire through a button sending 1 lc everywhere n anywhere, then id say put down was perhaps warranted :x

DeletedUser

Sigh.

This was never about how I farmed. For a start I said 'if you're too lazy/n00b to use rams once in a while.' Cmon...

I also said I'm farming bigger than that atm, in fact I am mostly C farming even though I have a shit area with lots of active farmers. 2 or 1 lc farming would in fact be better for me atm, but I dont have the time nor the inclination. But this is irrelevant.

I said 2 lc farming is inefficient. That's all. Matt went off on a random tangent about how I must suck at farming. There wasn't really a whole lot of logic involved in that assertion so I pointed out it was silly, and now somehow we're here. I was just talking about ideal farming as well, yknow. I was thinking of the exact ideal strategy that Nauz later elucidated.

DeletedUser

And also while it'a not that efficient in an ideal world sending an lc to hit every barb in an ever increasing radius around once an hour works fairly well, thank you very much.

DeletedUser4753

so its not efficient, and takes a boat load of time...

glad we agree :D