How important is activity for success?

DeletedUser

Why is it then that good players can outgrow accounts played 24/7 with similar areas?

Cos they don't know what there doing?

In which case activity is not the most important factor. You sure don't know how to raise a good arguement.

^ Win.

This is like how I try to get my thought processes. People say overthinking is bad, but I say if you're overthinking it just means you're thinking wrong. A player could have all the time in the world and still be terrible. It's not the time you have, but what you do with it. It's all about making yourself so efficient you don't even need to be active to have a BA village :p

DeletedUser1511

^ Win.

This is like how I try to get my thought processes. People say overthinking is bad, but I say if you're overthinking it just means you're thinking wrong. A player could have all the time in the world and still be terrible. It's not the time you have, but what you do with it. It's all about making yourself so efficient you don't even need to be active to have a BA village :p

You my friend are one of the few good players i have seen around now days ::)

Nice to meet you :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

You don't need activity for success, but it simply is important. Let's take some like, say you wardy. Who do you think is going to win. The 18 hours a day wardy, or the 9 hours a day wardy. With the same skill set and abilities, the one that's able to log in and send troops out more will simply outgrow the other. That's not to say you can't do well with 9 hours a day, I've seen it done, we all have most likely. But the chances of success with a lesser amount of activity is very low in TW today.

DeletedUser1511

You don't need activity for success, but it simply is important. Let's take some like, say you wardy. Who do you think is going to win. The 18 hours a day wardy, or the 9 hours a day wardy. With the same skill set and abilities, the one that's able to log in and send troops out more will simply outgrow the other. That's not to say you can't do well with 9 hours a day, I've seen it done, we all have most likely. But the chances of success with a lesser amount of activity is very low in TW today.
I agree. The point I am trying to raise,is that activity is not as important as players today seem to think it is. I do however value activity.

DeletedUser3551

^ Win.

Eh ... Of course time is not the important factor sometimes in case that you know what to do with your time ...
But what in case that in my area ( 20x20) had few active 24/7 acc's, and few good players ... And I'm offline 12h cause few factors and the time when my runs landing all farms are dry cause other few factors ... What next ?

-change my log times ... Good try maybe ... But ... Eh I can be online only 12h (and log periodically) as I said before cause of few factors ...
-split troops ... Eh if barbs grow is a little problem cause of walls and rams are thought process !!! Now comes the the question about speed of world and etc. If you talk about some settings that suite you is OK !!! Me like non growing barbs and speed 0.5 ... But still my line of thinking is that I will be food someday cause of few different factors ...
-I can join some good tribes in case that I have friends and yeah later I can survive and later is a little bit easy in that thought process ... But let's say that I didn't like that way !!!
-eh ... No sitters options cause I've play alone !!!

Stop here ... Too many factors about all, too many issues ...
Just think that you need to know what to do before that world start compared with your time, skillz and etc and later when you join summed with the factors that your area gives you !!! Just to many lines,factors and sh*** ...

so ... Beer time :lol:

DeletedUser1511

Eh ... Of course time is not the important factor sometimes in case that you know what to do with your time ...
But what in case that in my area ( 20x20) had few active 24/7 acc's, and few good players ... And I'm offline 12h cause few factors and the time when my runs landing all farms are dry cause other few factors ... What next ?

-change my log times ... Good try maybe ... But ... Eh I can be online only 12h (and log periodically) as I said before cause of few factors ...
-split troops ... Eh if barbs grow is a little problem cause of walls and rams are thought process !!! Now comes the the question about speed of world and etc. If you talk about some settings that suite you is OK !!! Me like non growing barbs and speed 0.5 ... But still my line of thinking is that I will be food someday cause of few different factors ...
-I can join some good tribes in case that I have friends and yeah later I can survive and later is a little bit easy in that thought process ... But let's say that I didn't like that way !!!
-eh ... No sitters options cause I've play alone !!!

Stop here ... Too many factors about all, too many issues ...
Just think that you need to know what to do before that world start compared with your time, skillz and etc and later when you join summed with the factors that your area gives you !!! Just to many lines,factors and sh*** ...

so ... Beer time :lol:

Minder is back you should join tw again :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

If we define activity in terms of hours played by this:
1 game hour = 1 hour of the clock in which the player confirmed a command or spent resources

The typical player who has played this game before will spend maybe 3 game hours each day
1) before work or school
2) after work or school
3) before they go to sleep

by success i do not mean being ranked 40
I'm rank 40 so I'm clearly not going to be successful in your book. I only spend 3-4 game hours each day, which leads me to a question for you...

Seriously it is an interesting discussion. As i can bring up examples of plenty of players( well not plenty, i do not even know plenty of players), but numoerous players who have done well despite not spamming or abusing activity.
Activity include co-sitting or whatever the hell people get up to these days.

Please bring up these examples. I'd like to see who these players are, and how you determine if they'll be successful.
My question is: Have these players spent more than 3-4 game hours each day?

If they did, then I'll say that activity plays significant importance in the early game since they're more active. If not, then they either:
A) have less competition - this can usually be determined by comparing the quantity and proximity of hostile successful players.
B) are better players than me and I will concede that activity doesn't play significant importance in the early game.

DeletedUser1511

If we define activity in terms of hours played by this:
1 game hour = 1 hour of the clock in which the player confirmed a command or spent resources

The typical player who has played this game before will spend maybe 3 game hours each day
1) before work or school
2) after work or school
3) before they go to sleep

I'm rank 40 so I'm clearly not going to be successful in your book. I only spend 3-4 game hours each day, which leads me to a question for you...

Please bring up these examples. I'd like to see who these players are, and how you determine if they'll be successful.
My question is: Have these players spent more than 3-4 game hours each day?

If they did, then I'll say that activity plays significant importance in the early game since they're more active. If not, then they either:
A) have less competition - this can usually be determined by comparing the quantity and proximity of hostile successful players.
B) are better players than me and I will concede that activity doesn't play significant importance in the early game.

Mattcurr on world 3.uk arguably one of the most competitive on .uk yet. He was top 10 after nobling despite having gone yellow during startup.
That is off the top of my head, but if you need specific examples then i can dig them up too.

And as for not considering top 40 successful, sorry bro i think outside the top 20 you are behind the pace.

DeletedUser

oh. I assumed you had some examples from this world that would actually be comparable.

Last edited by a moderator: