How much pp have you made?

DeletedUser11285

i doubt anyone ahs broke past 10k never mind 50k and if they have i would like to see the proof

DeletedUser360

Straight up killed the game.

The ability to buy resources on top of farming and reduce build times mean there is always going to be someone who will do better than you. I always keep in the back of my mind that I play this game for fun and for friendship... otherwise they'll be disappointment when some rich kid buys his way to the top.

A combination of someone who wants it enough to spend a load of cash on the game and someone who is good at the game would see the world dominated by 1 player. It's a shame they've done this but I suppose they need the extra revenue and they can't raise premium prices much higher.

DeletedUser4753

Straight up killed the game.

The ability to buy resources on top of farming and reduce build times mean there is always going to be someone who will do better than you. I always keep in the back of my mind that I play this game for fun and for friendship... otherwise they'll be disappointment when some rich kid buys his way to the top.

cuz complex warrior is still flourishing?

2 things happen, after a few vills

.the money boost is negligible and effort/activity will still surpass the spender
. the amount of vills whilst maintaining the same spending power is too expensive for whoever it is.

complex on w19 spent 100's in the first few weeks, to level his spending levels for his 40 ish vills would of meant obscene amounts of money, personally 100's is obscene for me but even the rich cant blow that kinda money.

so basically the pp driven mega growth isnt that much of a game changer in the grand scheme of things, guess it spoils start up though.

DeletedUser8219

.the money boost is negligible and effort/activity will still surpass the spender
. the amount of vills whilst maintaining the same spending power is too expensive for whoever it is.

complex on w19 spent 100's in the first few weeks, to level his spending levels for his 40 ish vills would of meant obscene amounts of money, personally 100's is obscene for me but even the rich cant blow that kinda money.

so basically the pp driven mega growth isnt that much of a game changer in the grand scheme of things, guess it spoils start up though.

It was world 18, or both 18 and 19 if you are sure he did it on 19 too

DeletedUser

when that player is good at the game startup makes a big difference... and may god help you if you have a player who is both rich and good as your neighbour

DeletedUser4753

It was world 18, or both 18 and 19 if you are sure he did it on 19 too

yea was 18, ive been away that long :eek:

@salems the example i gave was someone who spent so much they climbed well ahead of other people, this player was still caught by an actual decent player, dave aswell :p

is the pp advantage not similar to the co player one

ie you look around profiles where you land and if you see "co-played account" you restart?

or do you think stuff you n your pp/co's n mad skillz still gunna rim ya

DeletedUser

in regard to whether co-playing gives a bigger advantage or pp I think it depends on the stage of the game... very early on I'd say pp is more important because it can help you rush lc faster and can be used effectively before the co-players can properly start farming

however quite quickly having a co-player will be more advantageous because as mentioned above eventually the pp for resource trades become not worth it... as an example I loot just over 100k of resources a day which works out at 4.16k... it's simply not worth me trading the market price which is usually about 7pp... doesn't seem worth it because I'm farming 10x as much

DeletedUser

I don't think the comparison is that useful. Anyone is free to merge with someone else and co-play their account, but not everyone has enough money to spend on pp. Even if you prefer a world where people don't share accounts, it's different to if only the wealthy were able to co-play.

I suspect the way it will go is that more and more people will play one world to earn pp and another where they spend those pp in order to top the leaderboard.

The bit I can't get my head around though is that pp are not created or mined, so at some stage someone must have put their credit card number in and bought them. That's a lot of people choosing to spend their income on imaginary clay, wood and iron.

DeletedUser

you can only really get a decent co-player if you've been playing a while so have the contacts

yes I agree about more people playing a world to collect pp and ironically I think that will result in less money for innogames

DeletedUser12407

it will not. please think again before you post next time

DeletedUser

I think its only a matter of time until this feature will be removed again as happened on TW.de since folks always find a way to exaggerate.

DeletedUser

The bit I can't get my head around though is that pp are not created or mined, so at some stage someone must have put their credit card number in and bought them. That's a lot of people choosing to spend their income on imaginary clay, wood and iron.

Mind officially blown!

Would love to know some official figures from Innogames.
Like average spent on PP per day or something along those lines.

It would likely make me feel sick.

DeletedUser

and there isn't a chance in hell they don't analyse who spends pp and on what lol

DeletedUser4753

a interesting take on the whole pp thing is its a good thing.

i have to state myself liked tw best at pa/fa level, acc manager i dont care for but sure have that, ie the days when pp gained you a easier time without any clear advantage.

the next phase was pp for speedy construction and boosts, now this was when the worlds where literally he with money shall prevail, i remember happily keeping pace with top rankers till smithy rush and whilst i actually had more lc's than the rest of peeps in top 5, my smithy was not funded to explode from 10-20 in hours(despite it being affordable res wise)

this i feel was a joke, it was literally he with money shall get ranks, he with money shall fight you in war and have walls that never fell, rally's that were pointless catting
(basically made ram's cats a pointless troop bar nulification of wall.

then we hit this new phase of tw, more options to abuse right? well that is true, and start up non pp means no ranks unfortunately, however it is now a free market, it is not just the rich who prevails, sure you could say that about the 1st uk world, but now pp is available to anyone, young/old/rich/poor.

ill use my own experience as a example, i played uk 18 i think it was, for a laugh, made about 4-5k pp whilst very lazily farming
^ this is a fraction of whats achievable with a bit of effort.

now take dave(galaxy for sale) on w18, he started with i think 3k pp, he blew this not quite as blazay as mr "hey big spender" but "invested it in his account"
a month or so later, he is rank 2 behind the guy who spend perhaps shy of a grand on tw, and due to reselling pp made around 40k pp.

so say you play a world make a bit of pp, as shown to be possible, 3kpp = competitive rank and even more pp than you started with, daves a scot so clearly not rich trololol ;), but has achieved success in this game without jumping on the omg tw sucks now.

as i said i loved the golden era of tw, n whilst now some shiz is just laughable, its alot better than when the rich succeed and especially for a lot of youngens pp wasnt even available, so not all bad.

DeletedUser

roses are red, violets aren't yellow sort of blah blah

wouldn't it be better if TW was reduced to simple Premium Account again (though with higher charge so InnoGames is still able to maintain the mayority of usefull emloyees)? No Account Manager, cost reduction, build time reduction, res production boost etc.? of course, InnoGames wants to expand their company as can be seen on the uprising Tribal Wars II. projects which surely maintain several jobs.

on the other hand, TW might resume the game of choice if you prefer to play a game with fair circumstances over a game supporting useless clicking time (in order to 'farm' Premium Points) or buy-your-victory agenda like Grepolis, Travian or any other Browser Game there is.

think of the day...

• someone being catted have had a real disadvantage (nowadays you just turn on AM, no one cares if being seriously catted, so why maintaining cats anyway?)
  • where no global packaging was possible (you had to ship ressources in order to package to the villa you actually planned to recruit nobles)
  • mass recruitment didn't exist. nowadays, recruitment is done within seconds for hundreds of villages. As far as I remember, this wasnt able until 2007/2008
  • standard Premium Account used to reduce time spent on administrating the account.
  • walking durations had to be calculated with paper and pen (sic!)

so, on the one hand Premium Account and change logs (NOT concerning improvements to game graphics and ingame handling which seem to affect 90% of the change log) led TW to be less time intense (Account Manager, Farm Manager, village notes, walking durations/attack planers, etc), on the other hand players are forced to make useless clicks on 'farming' premium points. isnt that contra productive in the end? just to force players killing time on a world they actually dont want to play seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4753

Humpty dumpty sat on a wall, humpty dumpty had a great fall, humpty dumpty died of brain hemorage,

for me i like it somewhere in between, i like mas recruit, mass store packets, village notes etc, because quite frankly i cba with monotonous tasks and going back to pen and paper tw seems silly. these are imo options that dont benefit worse players, more just ease of usage.
acc manager i dont particularly like, nor fa, and obviously advanced pp features, thats just personal prefrence and if left up to me thats what kind of tw id like to play.

but thats mine from mine and perhaps other players perspective, for inno its different

all about $$$, tis a business after all.

now considering player base has dwindled, lets say once a world has settled you get say 200 pa using players.

thats making inno about £600 a month - costs,
lets take the non populous w18(1st pp world) in the first month complex spent that alone, add in say another 10 biggish spenders and your on lets say 2k, then add in perhaps 100 people on pa/fa and your on like 2.5, for the month.

the worlds are short so even though the advanced pp spending dwindles lower than the initial boom, its not long till the world is up and a new one is out.

when you had happily 1000 active and commited pa acc's on a world, and the world lasted 3-5+ years, it would work out a better investment for profts-running costs.

but in the days of lower player base and short worlds, as far as inno see's it, micro transactions isthe most viable profiteering model

DeletedUser

but in the days of lower player base and short worlds, as far as inno see's it, micro transactions isthe most viable profiteering model

I totally agree on this.
as of 2003-2009, some worlds on TW.de have had a run time of nearly one decade, though at least 6 years. on the one hand, only one or two worlds have been released each year back then.
on the other hand, no one wants to play a world that lasts that long. which I think made IG to implement winning conditions (such as them secrets there, or tribal domination etc) to shorten the worlds' duration, but attract as many players as possible onto one world paying for every single shit.

I didn't want to say that I want back TW as it was years ago, I do think that a shedful of features and improvements do have a fair consequence on the game, especially on administration.
though, if you think back what has changed in recent years and in what tempo it did, I do understand so many players say farewell to TW (well, except real life issues)

Last edited by a moderator: