I love the pompous and petulant

DeletedUser6796

"You think it wise to attack me?

Except it isn't an attack is it? It's some rams and a few scouts, you won't find anything but I will save you the embarrassment of such a pitiful attempt to scout me anyway. In my village I have what you fear most now multiply that by 8.......

Scout me again and I'll retaliate but I won't be using scouts

Regards (name deleted on compassionate grounds)

P.s please don't feel the need to reply I'd rather you didn't waste my time"

It is rather splendid. I was horrified to learn that he had eight of my mothers-in-law in his village. Who would want to scout that? This reminded me of the culture of "I squish you like bug if you look at my girlfriend".

Thing is, what I strategically fear is a bigger tribe than his. So if there are eight of them in his village before the worlds end, it wouldn't surprise me.

I wonder if he sends out those lovely 'restart now as I will be farming and controlling this whole area' messages too?

What I am a tactical realist about is that he and his mate have accounts totalling 70,000 to my 16,000. They also have a spy inside the tribe.

I wonder just how good you would need to be to win in a fight between those point ratios and with all that inside knowledge? I am not sure, so let me ask this pet gibbon. {mutters}

Seemingly, the gibbon indicated a marmoset could do that. So it's no real challenge.

Anyone else encountered pompous and petulant prima donnas on this world yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13390

hmmm, i have had that similarly at the beginning of the world i think it is still seen as a fear mechanism?

"give up your village and put time into somewhere else here is mine"

first thing that sprung to mind when i received said mails was this is a war game i play for the reason of attacking and defending.

i think this concept still escapes a lot of peoples minds tho

DeletedUser6796

Very true. I think it is desperation for some 'recognition' of importance on the sender's part, mostly.

This world not being that good for the mass-recruiting approach, at least we are spared too many of the "I is ranked in da top hundred in my other world. Join my tribe or be nobled".

Honestly. Talking like rappers in a medieval-themed world. Whatever happened to Attic Greek or threats couched in correct Latin?

Oh! Maybe the 'communications in English' rule did. Bring back good Middle English words to threats and gameplay

Fore-aethling = pre-nobling for example, or 'frithwrit' for a NAP. I might pay more attention then.

I ramble. Its the flu. Still. I am sure there are more examples of ego-by-mail to follow!

Ban Hammer

Reaction score
are you reffering to mails such as the following?

playgrl Dec 17, 20:42
leave acoboro alone please as he is a good friend of mine im asking very nicely other wise i will have to be a nasty person and i aint like that

acoboro Dec 17, 20:57
You have been warned I have some good friends on here that are much bigger than you

Last edited:

DeletedUser13240

Lmao I'm a nasty person I don't say weak threats like that :lol:.

DeletedUser6796

I never understand the whole 'threat' bit. It invites ridicule, scorn and embarrassment.

If they don't like you, then you are not likely to end up best of buddies in the same tribe and therefore only one of you will ultimately be on the winning side. If you can't defend a village, then it gets lost. Threats always seem weak to me. Deliver them by axe, not in-game mail. If you can add some nice mediaeval English inscription on the axe... so much better.

DeletedUser

Actions speak louder than words, if somebody threatens you in my opinion they don't want to fight you and are using scare/bullying tactics to try and make you stop. I mean for example when Player A scouts Player B, Player A knows the possible consequences of his actions why would he bother listening to a threat when he has already decided to attack Player B. Tribal Wars is a strategy war game send axes in ask questions later.

DeletedUser6796

Update: His last and most pitiful village will be gone in a little while.

Yes, "In my village I have what you fear most now multiply that by 8....... " was accurate. They contained a second-rate player who was, later and ostensibly, on my side but decided to quit when something went wrong.

DeletedUser13232

On w19 I spawned near a guy called El macho grande who ended up being in the same tribe as me, in the tribal forum there was a necessary trip wire your neighbours thread, so I did. About 2 hours later I got a message from him saying If I didn't remove the trips there would be 'extreme consequences', he typed like he was from the 1700s and signed off all his messages with "Regards the mighty el macho grande". Later he left the tribe for 'pastures new' and got rimmed within the month after failing to take a single village from me, these things have a way of sorting themselves out.

He played w21 too but appears to have been rimmed again

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Redacted to remove foul language and identities as it just isn't fair sometimes to laugh at the weak...

Jan 19, 18:14
You've officially won the award for the biggest virgin!! Well done

Jan 19, 18:25
Haha thanks, I'll hang it off your mum's bedpost?

Jan 19, 18:26
Not a mum joke... I wish I was you

Your hilarious, how about you stop giving it all the talk and attack me yourself... You've got 5x the amount if points and I'd still kick your arsenal if I was closer

Jan 19, 18:31
corrected spelling of ar**

Jan 19, 18:32
So you can't do maths either then? [silly kid has 10k points less than myself]

Just noble a few more barbs in this direction, you'll soon be close enough for me to attack you

Jan 19, 18:39
ok yeah that was pretty dumb tbf lol, i read you OD instead.. my bad!

Jan 19, 18:44
Yeah OD is what you get for attacking players not barbs ;)

Jan 19, 18:45
funny that because iv only taken 1 barb... and that was for a church! so don't play that card with me

Jan 19, 18:49
Really?

link to their TWstats showing 8 barbs and 6 internals

Jan 19, 18:56
stats mean nothing sometimes I'm afraid

not so pompous as plain stupid, and very easy to wind up, which i do enjoy if i've had a beer or two after work!

DeletedUser6598

Average age of people who send these messages is about 15. Reason is usually because they fear you attack. If I revived one of these messages I always attack.

DeletedUser

Sometimes I do like to dish out the odd threatening mail but only when it's justified.

I told TWZ to stop nobling barbs in my area... but they didn't.

So now it's like a little mini game of whack a zombie. As soon as one pops up you jump on it straight away and turn it blue.

It's wrecked my farming :-( but at least it deals with the threat early.

DeletedUser

More of a mild annoyance it would seem.

You never know... there's might be one player hiding amongst the total dross we've seen so far.

I'd rather not risk them taking and stacking a village close by to me.