I ponder on Diplomacy

DeletedUser

For all you people who think diplomacy is worthless early game, let me give you some insight into why it is still important.

Say for example your tribe has around 30 members and is spread out into 3 different continents. Said tribe has 15 spots out of the top 20, just with that you automatically become a target for every tribe in the world. A few tribes start making a little alliance and decide they will save the world from the tyranny of such a fearsome tribe. Then you wake up one morning and everyone has around 50 real attacks from 10 different tribes. This is where diplomacy comes in hand because it will be near impossible to survive till nobles dealing with this by yourselves. Doesn't matter how awesome you think you are, you will eventually lose a lot of members or the tribe just won't survive.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

On Uk8, diplomacy is important just for the simple reason that once a tribe has reached 50 mio everybody will be attacking them, literally everybody...

DeletedUser1511

For all you people who think diplomacy is worthless, let me give you some insight into why it is still important.

Say for example your tribe has around 30 members and is spread out into 3 different continents. Said tribe has 15 spots out of the top 20, just with that you automatically become a target for every tribe in the world. A few tribes start making a little alliance and decide they will save the world from the tyranny of such a fearsome tribe. Then you wake up one morning and everyone has around 50 real attacks from 10 different tribes. This is where diplomacy comes in hand because it will be near impossible to survive till nobles dealing with this by yourselves. Doesn't matter how awesome you think you are, you will eventually lose a lot of members or the tribe just won't survive.
Don't let them know. Let them argue their dumbss points. And carry on looking stupid.

DeletedUser

.de is the same.. 70 servers... .co.uk is pretty lucky to be that small ;)

DeletedUser

Choosing who you are attack is diplomacy.Making sure your members dont get gang banged by the local noob tribes is diplomacy.
If you think diplomacy is limited to making the tribe markings in your tribe. You are ignorant.

But to answer your question, no. I made my tribe pretty late, when i joined the an account only to see all the tribes in the area sucked so i made one at around the 70k stage. But yes diplomacy was the reason we were able to grow efficently

OK basically proves my point. Your arguing semantics.

I already stated that start-up is when each player should clear his 15x15, so if attacking is considered by you in your pointless discussion of semantics to be diplomacy... then yeah I stated my position.

I believe the generally accepted tw definition of diplomacy is narrowed down to making Alliances and NAP's. I still say it is pointless to Ally or NAP any tribe before BP drops.
The main point is to have a working relationship with a tribe that is worth working with. Normally it is right around late start-up when it is evident who is gonna stay around, not that things don't continually change.

Also, you tribe doesn't seem to count since it was definitely a mid-game tribe. All the games major tribes are pretty well established by then, and it is generally alot easier to develop a strategy based on who is worth working with.

DeletedUser

This is the most bullshitted thread I've seen in such a long time, on both sides of the argument.

DeletedUser1511

OK basically proves my point. Your arguing semantics.

I already stated that start-up is when each player should clear his 15x15, so if attacking is considered by you in your pointless discussion of semantics to be diplomacy... then yeah I stated my position.

I believe the generally accepted tw definition of diplomacy is narrowed down to making Alliances and NAP's. I still say it is pointless to Ally or NAP any tribe before BP drops.
The main point is to have a working relationship with a tribe that is worth working with. Normally it is right around late start-up when it is evident who is gonna stay around, not that things don't continually change.

Also, you tribe doesn't seem to count since it was definitely a mid-game tribe. All the games major tribes are pretty well established by then, and it is generally alot easier to develop a strategy based on who is worth working with.

lol man. At startup each player should clear his 15x15, napping tribes before bp. When did anyone argue that is what should be done?

a) It is dumb to clear your 15x15
b) You quite clearly do not know how to play so you know what, you can have this one. I just cant see anyway to explain how the game should be played for you. You are way too much for me.

DeletedUser

Well you have to wonder, is someone a good leader because they get big name players? I don't think you can say anyone is a better leader. Leading isn't the same as playing, when you farm and noble, and do all the necessities that come with it. Leading is an art, playing TW is a hobby or addiction. Most likely addiction that you deny and say sucks (wardy ;P).

I was always bad at Art. :icon_sad: