iCon a tribe not to be trusted

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hi there, many of you will read this thread and say, of course why waste you time posting such nonsense, however I believe that deceit should have repercussions so here you are. For me the repercussions are that in future someone else will not be so susceptible to the same ploy, maybe someone will think they see this ploy when they aren't even using it and iCon end up worse off. Karma will decide. But my story is this.

My neighbour red.dragon and I were getting along OK, not great but we were outgrowing most of the other people in our area. We were in the same tribe but some distance from them so were in truth our own little team. We had spoken to iCon about joining them and I had heard nothing back, red.dragon had been told that one of their players wanted to noble us both. That was around a week ago, there were a few fakes and nothing more.

Then yesterday we got a mail from Devilfish/ruffus, stating they had changed their minds and thought they might want to recruit us. A quick Skype and request for an account sit. Nothing to unusual in my mind. However this sit was used to scout out our villages for an attack. Nothing more. They like so do, lied. That is not new however the next person who they ask to join should be very very wary, they cannot be trusted, their allies, NAP's will be as valuable as the paper they are written on (ie they don't exist).

DeletedUser4753

thiers 2 people i trust on my acocunt, n neither would be doing a random check on me lol, if a tribe did not want me on the basis i didnt offer account sit is id tell em to shove it, its not great that players are sneaky but in tw almost every player is willing to screw sumone over if the gain is correct. so i guess in this case making a enemy of you was worth a free look....

DeletedUser8219

If you have evidence of this you can get them banned for breaking account sitting rules, because that's exactly what they have done.

But yeh what you have to learn from this is to not be so trusting, people screw each other over regularly in this game so you have to learn to expect it.

DeletedUser

Galaxy, I didn't even realise I will raise it with the mod's now, thanks.

DeletedUser

Never let people sit you, as a general rule if you don't have to basically reach through the screen and force someone to sit you they are too keen & going to use ur acc/the info for evil
And remember to keep pp features off if you do, devil coulda easily offered all your pp on the market for a tribemate to accept instantly
Hmm maybe i should have done that myself instead of warning against it :D
Nah mods would probably reverse it and ban me but just be careful

DeletedUser

Certain lines that any self respecting player should not cross. This crosses it, and it really is pathetic.

On a legal basis, I'm not sure it breaks the rules though? You gave the sit, and he never technically damaged the account - just looked right?

Anyone willing to go to such low levels over a few pixels on a screen has a very skewed outlook on life, and really low on morales. You said it perfect when you said Karma will decide.

DeletedUser

I obviously didn't realise this either but; [h=4]§3) Account sitting[/h][h=4](1) general .......II..... or supplying information about the account to a third party.
[/h]

DeletedUser

Report this in-game.

Not much more can be gained from this thread, so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.