If the World was reset...

• Thread starter DeletedUser6796
  • Start date

DeletedUser6796

If you had to go through the agony of getting this far all over again, what would you do differently?

Different build style? Spread out more/less?

DeletedUser7547

Nice idea for a thread.

Yes, I would be more aggresive in my growth (FAR more aggresive) and cluster more vills so that I can support them easily, growth and troops equal everything on this game, and as a first time player it took me a fair while to learn that, I could grow aggressively from day 1 if we restarted :)

DeletedUser

This was only my 2nd world.

On W1 by virtue that you have church influence areas you tend to cluster. However being a total noob in the beginning I kept nobling babrbs which obviously on a 1500 point barb limit world take forever to build up.

When i started on W2 I decided to be aggressive and just go for live players. I think when I quit I had something like 30 villages. Apart from 2 barbs which were pop. bonus villages all my nobling had been live players. However I got so hung up on just trying to noble live players that I didn't cluster my villages and when I got mass attacked by C~C found it very hard to move troops between villages due to distance.

So if I was starting afresh on W2 I'd use a mixture of both worlds. Yes be aggressive and take live players villages but also noble barbs where necessary to cluster the villages and be strong defensively.

DeletedUser

nice thread i like it i would concentrate more on myself and building my villas then helping others and i would be more agressive in my building like southbynorth build closer together

DeletedUser6796

I've agonised over what I've learnt so far and what I would do differently. I think I agree with the 'more aggression' part. Clustering was something I did initially (by accident, but then got a taste for it).

On starting over, I would have a definite plan of which direction I was heading in and would aim to secure those useful bonus villages at the earliest opportunity. I think I dawdled around too long, not realising that others were working to a schedule. That schedule became obvious when I looked to my left to find MilanaliM stretching out in both directions.

The oher thing I might do differently in the opening minutes... if the position doesn't look like a good one with farms a reasonable distance away then restart. Something I didn't understand the merits of before.

DeletedUser6063

as my first ever time of playing tw i leartn alot i need to grow alot faster than what i had been and take more risks

DeletedUser7041

I would 100% defend my barbs in my cluster alot better becase if you let one player in they spread like ants.
Also i would get to know the good players on the world as this can help in the long run.

DeletedUser5421

If i was to change anything there would be a couple of things. Be more aggresive at the start. i will never be a start up player but the growth i have made recently, through a all sorts of nobles has given me the confidence to play more agressively.

the other thing i would do it shape my farms from the beginning, my top tip is don't just leave cats and rams sitting idle in the village when farming use them till u have the perfect farm. kill the wall the barracks the HQ and anything isn't a mine or a warehouse (maybe the farm as well). Barbs act like normal villages if there is no barracks the wall won't rebuild and they stop at 3k so try to get the mines as high as possible. thats what i'd be doing.

:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I like this thread =]

I have restarted on world 2, and i definitely agree with the more aggressive idea, and with the clusters, when i played before i had my villages in clusters of 3 or 4 to allow for easy support but also to allow of some distance to be covered. The things i learned was to definitely take chances to suppress local live players to stop them from being threatening themselves later on. another thing i think it quite important is not jumping straight into a tribe, take your time and wait for them to come to you (unless that takes too long =])

DeletedUser

I would say I'd play more aggressively but I probably wouldn't, I've always been more of a defensive player.
If it was likely to turn out as it has already I would have started a bit further north so I'm not surrounded by hundreds of red dots, lol. :)

DeletedUser

I'd be more agressive, I didn't make my first ennoblement until 17th of October.... really held up my growth.

DeletedUser

I'd opt out of Leadership. Too much time wiping hinds and not enough time in my own account doing what i do best and enjoy most ..... 'hitting attack'

DeletedUser

if the world was reset, id make sure deadamax was wiped out before he could kick all our backsides lol