In Regards to Flaming/Trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2765

[ke]Ok you guys, people seem to take flaming/trolls as against the rules, well its not.

If a person is trying to cause mischief in the forums, they're fully entitled too. You all have this ability, it's called hitting the ignore button on their profile. We're not going to ban/infract players for being trolls, its apart of the game and who's to discern the difference between trolling and arguing passionately?

NOW if the poster is doing one of the following things;

Using RL insults, such as; Calling you/someone an idiot, moron, loser, etc. Then that is against the rules and can be reported.

Posting spam/derailing a topic. If its a war thread, then naturally individual arguments are going to arise, so long as they pertain to the war, or why the war happened, then they are within the rules. However taking a 'opinions of the top 20 tribe' thread and turning it into a flame fest, is against the rules. But discussing a top 20 tribe, for a brief period of time is ok. I'd say anything longer then a page of discussing a particular tribe(s) is crossing the line into derailing a topic.

Using inappropriate language, such as... well, I can't say them here, but we all know what is appropriate and what is not. :icon_wink:

This is meant to serve as a guide, I'm getting tired of people reporting posts for trolls. So long as the trolls remain on-topic and aren't breaking the rules such as spam/language/etc., then they are completely within the rules to bait players. You have an ignore feature, use it if the trolls bother you so much.[/ke]

Status
Not open for further replies.