INNOV

DeletedUser

Hes a bit of a wheeler dealer, he likes to cut deals with player, have about 10 barons in a tribe. When it goes pear shaped he jumps ship. In W8 i havent seen him reach over 20K points.

DeletedUser

Disappointing... I was beginning to think that they might last, but if they're still hugging and poaching, I don't see their status lasting any longer than a fortnight - someone's going to get fed up of it.

FNG-8 led on UK8, his tribe barely reached rank 20, then he abandoned it for a larger tribe, he's likely to do the same at the slightest chance of trouble.

It is called a merge.

Hes a bit of a wheeler dealer, he likes to cut deals with player, have about 10 barons in a tribe. When it goes pear shaped he jumps ship. In W8 i havent seen him reach over 20K points.

FYI i have a 5 million account on W2. i don't think you ever got that tbh. i don't play W8 as much anymore. I have been looking for a co-player more.

Where did you get the baron thing from??? I only see 2 barons in INNOV????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It is called a merge.

Nonsense.

You left clearly active (And good, mostly) players behind, you didn't even leave anyone with duke privileges when you left!

Even if what you say is true (Pfft!), merging is just a sign that neither of your tribes are good enough, that you have to combine just to have a chance.

You are quite clearly willing your players to pointwhore to attain rank 1, you may even achieve that, but you certainly won't keep it. I know I wouldn't want to serve under your banner.

FYI i have a 5 million account on W2. i don't think you ever got that tbh. i don't play W8 as much anymore. I have been looking for a co-player more.

Where did you get the baron thing from??? I only see 2 barons in INNOV????

Thought you'd mention something like that?

Link pl0x.

DeletedUser

Nonsense.

You left clearly active (And good, mostly) players behind, you didn't even leave anyone with duke privileges when you left!

Even if what you say is true (Pfft!), merging is just a sign that neither of your tribes are good enough, that you have to combine just to have a chance.

You are quite clearly willing your players to pointwhore to attain rank 1, you may even achieve that, but you certainly won't keep it. I know I wouldn't want to serve under your banner.

You cant leave a tribe if no one has Duke privs.
I was sitting a mate in there and still have the account now.
And to start with i didn't want to go. I went because others wanted to go and cus they are my mates they wudn't go without me.
So i went so they could go into there. if it were my choice i would have stayed in KiS the whole time seeing as that was the only tribe i had ever been in before the merge.

DeletedUser

I have not read most of the flaming and chest-pumping that has occurred in this thread, simply because a lot of it is quite frankly unnecessary.

It is easy to ridicule INNOV, but let's look at things from another perspective.

1) The entire W10 forum consists almost entirely of Pandas building up their own bravado; other tribes are naturally going to see them as a realistic threat.

2) With Pandas members growing as rapidly as they have, it has made it a necessity that other tribes make preparations for the wars that are getting ever closer.

3) With the 'locked tribes' feature in W10, I believe that the long-term successful tribes on this world are going to be those that form families, giving them permanently greater numbers over those tribes that rely on alliances and NAP's (which are essentially merely postponed wars)

It has been said in this thread that INNOV do indeed contain some experienced members; may be not up to the standard that Pandas consider 'experienced', but they know the essentials to see them get through. Who can say if this knowledge and experience is not being shared amongst the various branches of its family.

Considering Pandas have 12 members, is it not entirely possible that the INNOV family might prove to be more difficult than first perceived?

Discuss.

Kilroy

* Note: I'm not in Pandas.

3) With the 'locked tribes' feature in W10, I believe that the long-term successful tribes on this world are going to be those that form families, giving them permanently greater numbers over those tribes that rely on alliances and NAP's (which are essentially merely postponed wars)

This is incorrect. The reason why its incorrect is due to the same reason why predictions of family tribes proving to be potentially wielding more raw power than than independent tribes if organized correctly has always been wrong (through experience).
If an alliance or a NAP are merely postponed wars so is a family bond, which despite the shared name is at best an alliance and often less stable or permanent than a NAP.
Quite frankly the Innov group of tribes may be family but that doesn't mean their members know each other or have any inclination to work with each other whether their leaders want to or not. And experience dictates they don't.

I've seen a lot of scenarios (including locked tribes - High Performance 7, a round that the tribe I lead won) where on paper a well run family tribe was afforded a strategic advantage, and I've seen family tribes that have been well run. However, when faced with a coherent organized unit of veterans I've not seen family tribes succeed, even when those family tribes were lead by other veterans. Its just one of those theories that don't hold up in reality due to some unidentifiable X factor. The same factor that makes successful tribes successful.

It has been said in this thread that INNOV do indeed contain some experienced members; may be not up to the standard that Pandas consider 'experienced', but they know the essentials to see them get through. Who can say if this knowledge and experience is not being shared amongst the various branches of its family.

Considering Pandas have 12 members, is it not entirely possible that the INNOV family might prove to be more difficult than first perceived?

Knowledge and experience are never shared among the branches. Lets assume that nobody in a family tribe is willing to hoard knowledge and everyone is willing to pass on the knowledge. Written guides or techniques are normally worth dirt without someone demonstrating the proper method for others to learn from. Now if this knowledge relates to war strategy, communication channels in a large family tribe will not be sufficient (and they never are because such channels needs underlying relationships between tribemates that a hastily thrown together family tribe does not feature) to educate the vast majority of the members of the family or focus their efforts. Such haphazard half efforts that are put up will not be successful against experienced players (not everyone in Pandas is my idea of experienced) who mapped out countermeasures against most forms of early game conflict years/many dozens of worlds ago.

Infact the few INNOV members who do attain basic competence in war are more likely to see the family as dragging them down than they are to feel the need to elevate their tribemates. When a member of a family tribes gets good, he/she leaves the family for a better tribe. Its a knee jerk reaction.

Add this to the likelihood that INNOV is crawling with Panda spies and agents.

1) The entire W10 forum consists almost entirely of Pandas building up their own bravado; other tribes are naturally going to see them as a realistic threat.

No it doesn't. I don't think you've read much of this forum just as you admit to not having read much of this thread. I question the grasp of the facts you have based on your litany of incorrect assumptions and commentary.

DeletedUser9188

Add this to the likelihood that INNOV is crawling with Panda spies and agents.

This.

Bigger the family, more are the chances of spies. Besides Pandas or any good tribe always seems intimidating on the externals. This also helps them gain more spies. Tbh I have seen many good tribes fare well solely on the basis of spying and info gathering. Spies do degrade the tw experience a little bit, but its an important part of the game nevertheless.

DeletedUser7369

This.

Bigger the family, more are the chances of spies. Besides Pandas or any good tribe always seems intimidating on the externals. This also helps them gain more spies. Tbh I have seen many good tribes fare well solely on the basis of spying and info gathering. Spies do degrade the tw experience a little bit, but its an important part of the game nevertheless.

Hopefully this world will see it as less of an issue as once found spies cant run and hide or get support against those they betray. That said being unabke to attack them will prove interesting.

DeletedUser1508

Hopefully this world will see it as less of an issue as once found spies cant run and hide or get support against those they betray. That said being unabke to attack them will prove interesting.
Time to start gardening. You have until February to weed them out.

DeletedUser

Just a note against families on this world... While I'm normally against them as it is, to win this world your getting the special villages. You really want your special villages split among a group of family tribes? Seems like a guaranteed way to lose to me...

DeletedUser

What you mean is: I'm cornered so I'm going to hide behind being 'mysterious'.

It's start-up, complications are easily avoided, so, enlighten us.
I normally have 10 alliances and am part of a 5 tribe family tribe during start up. My tribes tend to work out well.:icon_confused:

This is not sarcastic anyone who has played in a tribe of mine can attest to that. Diplomacy is useful at all stages and under utilized at start up by 99% of all players. It is quite clear that INNOV has a poor player base. The leaders are are likely inadequate as well, but imo that is the case for nearly every tribe in this world, and when I say nearly any tribe dont start resting on your ego's I mean I believe that of every single tribe but maybe 1, and that is a maybe just down right suck.

While you all prance about pretending to be cool like the good tribes of past you forget one key fact, you are not that good. Plain and simple none of you are, stop pretending, 95% of you will fail at this world because of this fact, and you will just go and blame it on bad luck and try to forget about it. Adapting for your weaknesses with allainces would be the intelligent thing to do, but I doubt any of you are that smart.

DeletedUser

I thought Nauz was the most egotistical on these forums.

In my eyes:
N.A.P - Who are you? Yeah, sure, do what you want, we're busy.
Alliance - I'ma slit your throat in a few month's time. ]:)

DeletedUser

Egotistical? Is that just some lame fall back line? Where did I say I was good or better than anyone else:icon_confused: Hint hint I didnt. I said the vast majority of people who look down on diplomacy Ie you being one of them, likely suck and should use diplomacy because you do suck.

DeletedUser

Egotistical? Is that just some lame fall back line? Where did I say I was good or better than anyone else:icon_confused: Hint hint I didnt. I said the vast majority of people who look down on diplomacy Ie you being one of them, likely suck and should use diplomacy because you do suck.

The constant use of 'you', rather than 'us' or 'the world' gave the impression that you were looking down on everyone else.

And here we go again. I never said I didn't suck, I'm here to judge INNOV, nothing else.

Even the way you type seems condescending... :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

In my eyes:

Successful diplomacy can be quite effective. You would do well to grasp that concept.

DeletedUser

In my eyes:

You aren't going to get much better at diplomacy if you don't change that view.
And you're not going to get much more successful if you don't get better at diplomacy.