Interviews (Discussions)

DeletedUser

Interview with Mac

An Interview with MacAiodh

Berg:So tell us a bit about yourself outside TW?
Patrick McGee: Single Dad, live in central London , born Derby, not working at the min due to illness

Berg: Fair enough, is that the same illness that caused you to take a break from TW?
Patrick McGee: yes
Patrick McGee: but should have all clear for work soon
Berg: Bummer, lol
Patrick McGee: I am bored silly

Berg: So even tho you were off due to an actual ailment were you frustrated that it was affecting your ability to play TW as well?
Or was RL the only thing on your mind?(Understandably ofc)

Patrick McGee: I was so upset at leaving TW I felt I had let peeps down tbh and really missed the banter

Berg: Ach well, everyone understands that certain things come 1st(personal health for example), people were more worried than anything else.
How does it feel to be back in the tribe you created?
Patrick McGee: I am a bit lost for words really, I am proud of all the players and very glad to be back to help out in any way I can

Berg: Being the one that took over(with Thunder), I can personally vouch for each and every tribe member when I say your return can be an inspiration to a lot of the tribe.

Do you think after being back for a week the tribe stands for the same values as you strived to instill?
Patrick McGee: Teamwork and agressive play is what I see now and what I wanted to instil so yes the tribe is going well.

Berg: Can I ask how your return, and more specifically your co-playing with speedmerchant came about?
Patrick McGee: I got all clear to get back on computer for more than a couple of hours came on skype Richard was on and messaged me, quick chat and he had a coplayer.
I was happy to accept his offer

Berg: So it was all spur of the moment?

Patrick McGee: No I was going to play TW and had started W9 (which I am going to quit tooo slloooww) and the chance to be back in RK was to good to pass up on.

Berg: Would you have accepted the offer if 'RK' was still called THE?
Patrick McGee: Well its about people for me not names and Richard, Mofo, yourself, Thunder and many more are good people to play with the name was just a bonus tbh.

Berg: Out of interest would you like the tribe to be renamed RethinK?
Patrick McGee: For nostalgic reasons yes but I would say that would be down to either the current Duke or a vote among the players not really for me to say.
I am happy with whatever is decided

Berg: Well, nostalgia and history has a huge part to play in this game, it is afterall a game for the peeps...

How do you see the future for this world?

Patrick McGee: I think RK can win, with good diplomacy and hard work. Not that I think it will be easy but it is possible we just have to make it happen. We are in a great possition but have powerful enemy but a beatable one, so I am opptomistic about our progress.
I think Jbox are facing better opposition than they thought in RK.

Berg: Some may see this as a somewhat bias interview, to balance things out can you please tell me what JBOX's strengths, and who(in your opinion) their best players are?
Patrick McGee: I know both Timmy and Chubbs from other worlds and have fought them a fair bit, both are excellent players and personally I like them both we just always end up on opposite sides. Both are great defenders and can attack as well I respect them both as players. Looking down the members list I recognise other names as good players from different worlds but I do not know if they are the original players or not so cannot comment on them. Jbox are No 1 tribe and there to be beaten but they are No 1. So respect but no fear is my take.

Berg: An elegant answer indeed.Ok, lets finish on a light note, what is your funniest TW memory?

Patrick McGee: At the very begining of W6 I was diligently clearing my 15 x 15 and gaining no friends but one guy stood out he had a tribe mate next door and when I scouted him he threatened to rim me and he said he had help. After a week of catting his village the gap between us was getting large (we had been very close at the begining) he sent me another threat he was going to get mates to do me over..... I just tohught why the hell are you still hanging on so I catted him for another 4 weeks before he gave up.
But my many mess-ups have been epic
mistakenly nuking myself while half awake
attacking a tribemate
etc and so many more
you got to laugh at yourself

Berg: Lol, we've all done that, a full def village attacking at sword speed and getting the 'Why are you attacking me' mail eh

Patrick McGee: yep
Berg: So can you please give me a summary of the future of World 6

Patrick McGee: So many if's
but

Berg: but
if

Patrick McGee: RK have the rim and that helps us no end with good recruitment and diplomacy and of course the killer activity RK can win wether we do or not is down to us.

Berg: Awesome, I thank you for your time Pat

Patrick McGee: NP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Berg.

MoFo: Lets start with the typical tell us about yourself outside of TW

Berg: Hmmm

Berg: Well... I manage a small Plumbase branch in Dunfermline, selling plumbing stuff, that takes up 50 hours of me week. Outside that, I like to think I'm an awesome goalkeeper, with a penchant for the theatrical, as my tribal addresses have probably shown :p

MoFo: Lol indeed they have

MoFo: So how did you get started playing TW?

Berg: I think it was one of those annoying flash ads on Bebo or Facebook, I clicked it by accident in all honesty but after a month or so I thought 'This is alright' and took it from there.

MoFo: Quite a few have started that way.

Berg: The irony is I don't do either anymore yet here I am, still playing this crap

MoFo: Lol

MoFo: So how might you of come into co-playing with Shaun on the Thunderhorse account?

Berg: Well...
Somehow we ended up in the same tribe on UK1... TEA... Many fond memories from there. We co-ordinated some ops against our enemies and started speaking a lot. I can't remember who suggested the merge, although it was probably me as I'm the smart one, but we've had a wonderful loving relationship ever since.(Apart from when he changed the pw)

Berg: Is this a question or an essay?

MoFo: From what ive seen you definatly work well together. But since you mentioned it, ive got to ask. Who is the brains and who is the brawn? and if you could also elaborate on who is more aggressive and who is more defensive? Who takes more initative in dukeship?
I guess what im getting at here is who wears the pants in the relationship?

Berg: Obviously I'm the boss(and the clown), and I'm not just saying that, Shaun would admit it, maybe that's why he kicked me. If you cast your mind back to when Mac disappeared, it was I who stepped up. It was I who constructed the new council. And it is I who is da boss!

As for the other stuff, we generally have a pretty even split, although if I was pressed to fault my co it would probably be his defending and for him it would be my attacking.
We're also two very different personalities too which is why I think we make such a blooming good team, both as players and duke

MoFo: I think everyone could agree with that.

Berg: (blush)

Berg: I don't get enough credit

Berg: When this world ends we start under my name lol

MoFo: Or you both start under my name?

Berg: lol

MoFo: You know you want some canadian blood in the mix

Berg: Canadian blood is just watered down Scots blood

Berg: Anyway back to the questions please guy

MoFo: Lol ok

MoFo: Now onto the current state of the world. Firstly ill get your view on RK. Our progress, our future, our strengths and our weaknesses?

Berg: Ok

Berg: I'll try

Berg: Our Progress

Berg: Well... I can only comment on the 1st few months and the last few weeks, and, in the early days, things did look good, we had an active tribe, no inhibitions and no fear.

Berg: BUT...
In the last few weeks since I came back, the tribe has really stepped up to the plate, we've had mass incoming on various players, myself(ourselves) included with limited success on the attackers part and this is what builds morale in a tribe. To see the peeps efforts rewarded with either taking villas or minimal losing of them always brings a smile to my face.

Berg: Our Future...

Berg: All I can say is I hope we continue to move south, beating JBOX with a big bloody sitck until they give us their villas

Berg: Our Strengths...

Berg: Has to be the camaraderie, this does feel like a family and it's the 1st time I've felt such kinship since TEA on UK1

Berg: Our Weaknesses...

Berg: Pfff

MoFo: Fair enough. lol.

MoFo: Now ive got to ask you the same about our opposition JBOX?

Berg: (emo)

Berg: In all fairness I don't know enough about them to talk about their progress or future

Berg: But their strength definitely lies in sheer numbers

Berg: Don't get me wrong, their attacking capability is not purely down to nukes, they have some seriously capable players there but in a war of attrition such as this numbers do play a significant factor...

Berg: Weaknesses?

Berg: Maybe wishful thinking but I'm hoping that a few of their players will quit through boredom, although I did see fatallll post, there's a weakness in itself

MoFo: Haha. Perhaps.

MoFo: How about the tribes "on the side", so to speak, of this war. AKP and FATE. What is your opinion of them?

Berg: FATE?

Berg: (rofl)

Berg: All I will say about them is 100 million ODT? Really? Really? Really?

Berg: AKP

Berg: Hmmm

Berg: To be perfectly honest I've had absolutely no dealings with them at all, although I have just asked for for a dialogue to be opened. Then seem like a tight unit, and their stats ain't that shabby.

MoFo: They have been doing well lately which is good to see.

MoFo: Of the big 4 mentioned above, who do you think will be first to fall and why?

Berg: FATE

Berg: I'd like to say cos they're crap(which is the real reason) but I suppose I'd better justify myself

MoFo: Not gaining many fans with answers like that. lol

Berg: There's no danger of the top two disappearing, we are both full of capable players and people who can take over should unexpected absences occur

Berg: AKP I don't know enough about I'm afraid but FATE lost my respect when I saw their dukes's conquer stats

Berg: http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk6/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&type=gain&id=317635

MoFo: Yeah those definately are not stats to be proud of.

Berg: It's embarrassing for anyone who plays the game to look at tbh

MoFo: Well now that we know which player you think the lowest of in our opposition, which do you think highest of?

Berg: Ooooh

Berg: I'll take a minute to think about that if you don't mind

MoFo: Take your time. Ive got attacks i should be sending anyway.

Berg: Well, I would have said Ironblev until today but his attacks were too easy to defend.
I'm gonna have to go with Chubbs, not only is he number 1 but he knows how to mix it up with his attacks, and more importantly(in my eyes) he can defend.

MoFo: Not who i would have picked but a good choice none the less.

MoFo: What do you see happening in this world in say the next month? Any major moves? Or just the same steady progress that has been happening lately?

Berg: Well...

Berg: I think we are at a crossroads, both RK and the war

Berg: I can't predict the future but I do feel that something will tip the balance one way or the other...

MoFo: Id agree with that.
So on a different note, Berg you are quite the south park fan. If you were a south park character who would you be and why?

Berg: Randy Marsh, he's gotta be the best SP character ever!

Berg: He's so over the top with whichever fad is hitting the town at any particular time

Berg: Definitely Randy

Berg: I love you Randy

Berg: Make love to me Randy!

MoFo: Haha yeah hes pretty funny

MoFo: Well thats all the questions i have for you mate.

MoFo: Thanks for the opportunity budday

Berg: I'm not your budday friend

MoFo: Im not your friend guy

DeletedUser

We....well ehh I want more interviews! Somebody interview someone already... :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Ok, I like this thread and feel like it should be bumped, who wants Mr Wordsworth(me) to give em a cheeky 20min interview?

DeletedUser

Now that's the one the peeps were hoping for, just pip me on Skype when you're ready mate :)

DeletedUser9761

im up for an interview, i got a few things to talk about on this world :) since i am one of the unknowns of tribal wars :D

DeletedUser

Patiently waiting for chubbs & AA's interview!!! But patiently soon will turn to dropping rants at your mailbox for slow productivity here Thunderman

DeletedUser

its my fault, not been on skype a whole lot, will try and sort soon!

DeletedUser2961

I'm gonna re-interview berg and see if/what views have changed (incidentally, he doesn't know this yet :icon_confused: )

DeletedUser2961

The Berg Re~interview.......

Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy puts on secretarys outfit, licks pencil end. "Ready"?
Berg: (mooning)
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: Since your last interview, have your personal circumstances changed?
Berg: Em, let me check, I can't remember what they were...
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16367&page=2
Berg: A little I think, I got a new job and retired from football only to be coaxed back in the new year.
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: A while ago, you left W6. Why was that?
Berg: There was a split in the council, my authority as duke was being undermined by those that shall remain nameless, I play the game for fun and I felt it was the best way to keep the tribe together, if I'd stayed it could have been detrimental.

Needless to say the negative influences of the time are now well gone.
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: Speaking of Stormy Witch, how did you feel when she did her deed?
Berg: In all honesty?
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: yup
Berg: I was annoyed but probably more glad that she was gone, after the initial shock and disappointment in the tribe had died down, I noticed a significant increase in morale and chit chat. That lady knows how to kill a fun conversation
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: So why did you return?
Berg: I can't remember much of the negotiations now, but, Pat and Shaun basically asked me to return, Shaun cos he can't live without me and Pat because he knew I could help make the tribe a happier place with my idiocy.
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: Had things changed much during your absence?
Berg: Definitely, when I came back there was an atmosphere in the skype rooms(if that's possible), but it seemed like nobody was helping each other and the peeps were just a little dis-interested.
Berg: You tell me
Berg: You were here :D
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: I kinda left (forcibly) when stormy left. But the atmosphere was incredibly low along with the morale.
Berg: That was the day after I returned was it not?
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: I believe so
Berg: Coincidence? I think not :D
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy sniffs armpits :^)
Berg: (wasntme)
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: So, anything thats made you really angry or upset on W6?
Berg: oooh
Berg: I was regularly frustrated on UK1, I felt T4H should have dropped the alliance with W1N a lot sooner.

My bestie really upset me last year when he kicked me from our account, yes Shaun, I'm talking about you, he came crawling back though.
Berg: As for angry, that happens regularly but the internal wranglings of our tribe shall stay just that, internal :p
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: How do you see W6 panning out now?
Berg: I still know we can win it. We've been in a bit of a status quo with our ol' pals in JBOX for a while now though. It's been a while since a frontline account quit on either side.
Berg: As for timescales who knows
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: What makes you laugh?
Berg: Funny peeps. Of which there are a few, there are a couple who make me poorless though. One would be you, the other is Saph, I'm currently pursuing a sexual harrassment claim... My solicitor shall be in touch...
Berg: PJ and Mofo are also good craic, but really there are too many to name
Berg: That didn't answer the question did it?
Berg: Filth and South Park
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: Is there anything else you'd like to add? Like an open mic.
Berg: I'd just like to say a huge thank you to the ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages of RK.

Sometimes boredom can be an all too silent killer in this game, but there's always someone to banter with in RK.
Berg: Long Live BERG!
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: Well said.
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: Well thank you for our chat. Next time please wear trousers.
Berg: I can't promise that!
Berg: Thank you :)
Diane ~ Gypsy ~ Speedy: *Interview terminated. WPC Alexander leaves room.

DeletedUser

Just read the interview, that explains why you two went missing for 6.25 hrs today!!!!!

Dont think i am not watching lol