Interviews (Discussions)

DeletedUser5582

first interview so discuss here

Ok first one of many is up.

Ok UK6's Glen was first up so what can we learn about the man behind the pies....!

Lightyjo: Question 1. so tell us a bit about yourself outside tw?

Glen: Well I'm into my football and support Sheffield Wednesday go to all home matches and any as many away matches if i can get the money, I'm currently at college studying sports science and i also like to drink at the weekends.

Lightyjo: Question 2. You are known to account hop a bit? tell us why?

Glen: :D I just simply get bored of worlds but seem to be enjoying UK6 at the moment even though i haven't been on for a bit
Glen: think its the speed 2 thats keeping me their as nukes can build in near enough 1 week

Lightyjo: Question 3: Timmy says that giving you authority was worst thing he ever did?! Tell us what went wrong and what went right!

Glen: Hmmm, well I'd say when i was first given duke privs by timmy i was involved in the tribe quite a bit, but then my net went down for a bit and when i came back i had lost a lot of interest in the game so didn't really do anything.

Cant really remember anything that went right with me having privs, As i said didn't really do much and their wasn't really much to do before my net went down

Lightyjo: Question 4: so the chubbs noble thing? classic post! talk us through it!

Glen: Well, I had seen timmy do it a few times with other smaller players applying for the tribe, then for some reason i got a mail asking to join the tribe so stole Timmy's idea, the next thing i know the dude had got one of chubb's vill's, i wasn't going to invite him as i was just messing around but i was told to invite him, when i asked chubbs how he got a vill he blamed it all on his Co but i think hes lying and couldn't withstand the force of the noob :D

Lightyjo: was a great post and great idea
Lightyjo: Question 5: so chubbs co player? does he/she ever speak? coutts is name!

Glen: Hmmm, i think its a He and I never see them on skype and only have ever talked to him when asked chubbs something and it has been him on the account.
Glen: Hes like the silent Co-Player who probs does all the work :p

Lightyjo: Question 6: so favourite world for settings and favourite for folks you've met!

Glen: UK6 Definitely best for settings but i wouldn't say for people that goes to UK3, mainly because most people i play with on UK6 ive played with before

Lightyjo: why is UK6 better on settings?

Glen: mainly because of Speed 2, but also because its good farming when i farm, theirs not too many barb noblers the pally is the old style weapons so bonfire isnt like unbeatable
Glen: Morale is a bit of a issue sometimes

Lightyjo: ah ok confess I am a W3 purist so hate pally weapons (and morale)

Glen: :D

Lightyjo: Question 7 now your nuke build!

Glen: You wanna hear how amazing it is?

Lightyjo: you had scouts in your nuke on a 15 tech world discuss!

Edit: what followed here was Glen waxing lyrical about how this couldnlt have been him and blamed someone called Mike. No one in TFF (Glen's last tribe on W3) has ever heard of Mike but I will give him the benefit of the doubt!

Lightyjo: Question 8 You have a bit of banter with Cold Fusion. Secretly do you think he wants to be like you?

Glen: Yes of course he wants to be like me, who wouldnt? ;)

Lightyjo: Question 9: Funniest moment in TW?

Glen: Hmmmm difficult
Glen: Probably when we I got the RamdomTask Dude to noble one of Chubbs Vill's

Lightyjo: ok and saddest?

Glen: When i got rimmed for the first time on UK3 :D
Glen: Well i got rimmed by someone called biddle123 who took my 3k villa off me

Lightyjo: If you could change one thing in TW (rule/unit/mod Lol) what would it be and why?

Glen:i would most likely change the rule of no modding on the Public Forums

Lightyjo: stops tape

Edit: Alas the next bit is discussing his infraction so have removed this but think he was quite bitter about it!!

Lightyjo: Whats your take on botting and bot checks?

Glen: Well when people have a bot which logs in for them and farms and does all the other stuff for them it just annoys me how they then gloat about being better then someone else when they are not as they haven't done the work, and bot checks are just annoying

Lightyjo: ok so sounds you hate the botters but hate the checks to stop them?

Glen: No cos the checks dont stop them
Glen: grants bot does the checks also
Glen: but the checks for me personally always happen when I'm building a wall or farming much more annoying when farming

Lightyjo: so whats your solution to this?

Glen: Havent got one tbh and i cant really see INNO Finding one to it as well

Lightyjo: Tell me something about you that no one else knows?

Glen: Glen thinks of something interesting
Glen: Ok im secretly in love with biggsy ((blush))

Lightyjo: lol
Lightyjo: Is there anything else you'd like the TW community to know about you?

Glen: Cant think of anything that they'd want to know :D
Glen: Oooooo, im a Uber Noob and they should attack me more

Lightyjo: lol ok
Lightyjo: hun was a pleasure as always

Glen: Yh Nice Chat :)

DeletedUser

Hmmm... it was a decent little read but i was hoping for more questions on the world?

Questions like:

What do you think of your opposition? Who of them stands out to you?

Who do you think is the worlds best defender?

What do you think of the fast progression of this world?

Whats your opinion on players tribe hopping?

What tribe/s did you expect to be around now that are not?

What tribe/s are you surprised to see still kicking?

These type of questions would be more interesting to me but it in the end its up you what you want to ask.

Either way, thanks for bringing life to the forums.

DeletedUser

"Lightyjo: Question 3: Timmy says that giving you authority was worst thing he ever did?! Tell us what went wrong and what went right!"

Did I say that? I don't think I did...

DeletedUser5582

"Lightyjo: Question 3: Timmy says that giving you authority was worst thing he ever did?! Tell us what went wrong and what went right!"

Did I say that? I don't think I did...

hehe no you didnlt but someone asked me to ask that. I should have phrased that question better I apologise. The same person had a few questions for you so when you;re ready....!

DeletedUser

hehe no you didnlt but someone asked me to ask that. I should have phrased that question better I apologise. The same person had a few questions for you so when you;re ready....!

sigh, press with their rumors :p

DeletedUser

Hmmm... it was a decent little read but i was hoping for more questions on the world?

Questions like:

What do you think of your opposition? Who of them stands out to you?

Who do you think is the worlds best defender?

What do you think of the fast progression of this world?

Whats your opinion on players tribe hopping?

What tribe/s did you expect to be around now that are not?

What tribe/s are you surprised to see still kicking?

These type of questions would be more interesting to me but it in the end its up you what you want to ask.

Either way, thanks for bringing life to the forums.

Excellent questions, I'm sure Jo will take them into consideration for her other interviews. Would like to suggest if anyone else has any TW related questions they'd like to see asked, just let Jo know!

DeletedUser

Is anyone else getting interviewed then or is this just another dead thread?

DeletedUser

Someone interview Timmy, he could ell you some awesome stories from his time on UK1 :)

DeletedUser

I gave my details ages ago when first asked - never been asked for an interview :(

Saying that anyone can do it - why doesn't everyone just post people and questions they want asking and anyone of us can follow it up..

eg; mine to thunder..

1, What drew you to TW in the first place and why do you choose to continue playing over more generic games such as COD etc..

2, You came back to w6 to push forward new or misplaced philosophies in what is a promising tribe. What do you predict to see over the next few months and how much of an impact do you think your return will make?

3, Do you play other worlds, and if so, what keeps bringing you back to w6?

4, If you were to be given the power, what would be your favourite settings for a world and why?

5, If you were to pick one player from your enemy tribe to take as a recruit, who would it be and why?

DeletedUser

1, What drew you to TW in the first place and why do you choose to continue playing over more generic games such as COD etc..

I found the link to TW on a facebook ad - I'd not long quit playing WoW (top 10 EU guild...) so you could say I had a LOT of time spare on my hand to fill stuff in with. The rest is history as they say and I was sucked into yet another addiction...

2, You came back to w6 to push forward new or misplaced philosophies in what is a promising tribe. What do you predict to see over the next few months and how much of an impact do you think your return will make?

Hmmm I would not call them misplaced philosophies more so pushing back at that, which I saw was destroying any chance that this world would have a decent end game. I see AKP turtling up, RK pushing on with the same pace, I am not sure of JBOX - I know there has been a lot of accounts change hands from very good, quality players to ones less dedicated and less capable - its going to be an interesting few months for sure. As to the impact my return had on the tribe - I think the tribes actions over the last few weeks speaks louder than words.

3, Do you play other worlds, and if so, what keeps bringing you back to w6?

I've dropped all other worlds to play this one now - I may plan this to be my last one for now - its going to last a while though.

4, If you were to be given the power, what would be your favourite settings for a world and why?

Very interesting question - I personally like the settings for uk9 - however I would amend them to remove morale - if you can't survive after a month or two your not going to survive later on. I could write a whole combination of world settings that I would find interesting. A church world with 3K barbs but speed 0.5 would be an interesting one - promotes good clustering - however I think that world would still be running when we were 5 years later!

5, If you were to pick one player from your enemy tribe to take as a recruit, who would it be and why?

I personally love the banter I have with Finlandia - shame to see him quit the world. No matter what you threw at him he was always replying to mails with some good natured banter.

DeletedUser

Cheers for the reply dude, and a good one at that..

So there you go folks, post your questions to the player and lets see how they get on :)

Thanks again Thunder

Timmy

DeletedUser5582

@bergkamp1010 Are you sure?!

Ok next up was Timmyhill.

Lightyjo: So tell us a bit about yourself outside TW?

timmyhill: Erm, hard to say really. I've done alot of things in my life. In my teens I managed to get a contract playing classical percussion for the English National Ballet, however I left that to go back to my family roots which is farming. I did that for awhile and felt I wanted to taste the corporate world abit more and as such moved south. My current job these days entails buying flowers from kenya and selling those to supermarkets in the UK.

Lightyjo: Your signature shows you sitting on a hill and I wondered if you;d care to tell us what flowers they are?!

timmyhill: I have no idea - I take 0 credit for my sig or avatar they were done by chris miles and I paid him premmy points for the privilege.

Lightyjo: well I was put up to ask you that as was told you were a florist!

timmyhill: oh understandable - my job is 100% rose based. I'm not so sure there are any roses in my siggy

Lightyjo: You are famous for your PnP videos so tell us a bit about what got you into this and why you seem to have stopped doing them?

timmyhill: W1 was special for a time wasn't it? I loved TW at the time and I had real faith in my conviction. There were opportunities for PnP left right and centre and there were plenty of people to try and influence. My first video was done just on the cuff and the leaving video was done because myself and chubbs both enjoyed the first (him probably more than me as it took ages!!). I had a half arsed attempt on w6 against Hen but I'm the first person to put my hands up and say it was rubbish. I was around 2 minutes into doing a new one when RK struck during a diplomatic period.

Lightyjo: well they were very very good indeed but I have a query about the music...!
Lightyjo: Ok MC Hammer! His "music" features in a few of your video PnP's so are you his greatest fan? Do you own hammer pants?

timmyhill: I know a girl who regularly wears 80's hammer pants into work. There are 2 videos with mc hammer involved. The first was a decent PnP - the 2nd was a very lazy attempt and I hold my hands up to that. In all honesty I maybe didn't expect so many w1 players on w6 when I returned.
timmyhill: I do love abit of MC Hammer tho - yes - legend that he is!

Lightyjo: hehe I thought so have a few hammer questions for you to test your hammer knowledge!
Lightyjo: you ready?
Lightyjo: no googling now...!

timmyhill: go for it

Edit: You will need some music I think for this bit readers so click here please http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e32kaa9TzeE

Lightyjo: what is hammers real name?

timmyhill: stanley burkell

Lightyjo: very good
Lightyjo: where was he born?

timmyhill: don't know

Lightyjo: name 5 of his albums

timmyhill: 5?

Lightyjo: I was amazed too
Lightyjo: I thought he did one song but no

timmyhill: feel my power?
timmyhill: too legit?
timmyhill: something like please hammer?

Lightyjo: no
Lightyjo: I think we will need to confiscate those hammer pants!

timmyhill: what you on about - that'd stop my hammer time!

Lightyjo: ok ok you can keep the cd's

Edit: So timmy you scored one with 2 passes. MC Hammer was born in Oakland California and as for albums you could have had "lets get it started?" or "Please Hammer don't hurt 'em" or wiki the rest!

Lightyjo: Do you listen to Hammer when nuking folk?

timmyhill: music to nuke people? is this a genuine question lol

Lightyjo: lol no cough I never have a song playing when sending out attacks ((blush))
Lightyjo: moving swiftly on!

timmyhill: lol

Lightyjo: Q6. You co Duke with Chubbs so tell us how this works and how you two met?

timmyhill: Myself and chubbs met on w1 through a tribe called SUN. I was an influential character in the tribe and took him from SUN into CHE!!! - He followed me into flux and I think our friendship really developed at that point. From a duking point of view theres not really much to say. We used to discuss things I have to admit but we tend to have stopped these days. Not due to the lack of pressing questions, more due to the fact we are yet to disagree. On too many occasions we type the same thing at the same time and it just feels like we both came through the same school of TW learning.

Lightyjo: Q7. Is it true that Chubbs co player never speaks?

timmyhill: I think he speaks as often as he logs into the accounts in all honesty

Lightyjo: Q8. The demise of Gold seemed to be the big story of Uk6 so what do you think went wrong with them now the dust has settled?

timmyhill: I don't think anything went wrong. The only thing that bit Gold was psychological. It wasn't a case of not being able to survive, it was a case of admitting defeat too soon. I don't necessarily think that reflects on their members at the time, however I feel their leadership at the time simply didn't have the time to organise their unit efficiently. Its not something I really want to comment on, however the work of RK and Jbox obviously made some impression on their decisions at the time.

Lightyjo: Q9. What is it about UK6 that you like and what settings would you tweak (if it were allowed!) and why?

timmyhill: I wouldn't tweak a thing and if I had the choice every world would have these settings. When chubbs invited me onto the world to take over HMRC I was 50/50 about it however over time you start to wonder if settings on other worlds could beat what your on. Maybe a lower tech level but darren (Mjolln1r - my co) definitely likes it.

Lightyjo: q10 If you could change one thing in Tw what would it be and why?

timmyhill: I suppose the only thing I can think of is a more reliable server. Other than that I honesty don't have any complaints. In a dream world we'd have unilateral scripts but that just isn't going to happen with the options Inno give to tw community managers.

timmyhill: hold on - didn't I get some of those MC hammer albums rights?!?!

EditL there followed a brief discussion about album names v song names whic I won;t bore you with but the convo ended with

timmyhill: I think all of my albums are actually albums - I'm gonna jump on wiki

Lightyjo: you are the hammer fan!
Lightyjo: I have merely been sucked into not touching things through researching you!
Lightyjo: ok we can have a hammer thread on uk6?

timmyhill: i'm not sure it'll get many responses - but all of the above are indeed albums by mc hammer
timmyhill: lol
timmyhill: I shouldn't know that

Lightyjo: Q11 How do you see the current world war in Uk6 panning out and who amongst your foes is the one you respect the most?

timmyhill: Too many players on this world give respect to people who don't deserve it. I try to respect all alike but players being respected for previous achievements alone are deadwood imho. From a Jbox point of view, I'm not sure what to say to be honest. We're going through a transitional period at the moment and I'll openly admit things aren't going our way. That said, when your twice as large as your closest enemy and 4 times as large as the one after that times can't be that hard can they??

Lightyjo: Q12. Funniest moment on uk6 and again in your TW career?

timmyhill: You'd fail to find a funnier TW related moment than chubb's co being nobled from next door whilst his co was in the shower.
timmyhill: That said, I've been stumped by the cookie def on more than one occasion ;)

Lightyjo: the cookie def?!
Lightyjo: tell me more!

timmyhill: I'm not sure if its right for me to inform the masses of the legendary 'Cookie Def'. Abit of research will no doubt help those who are intrigued

Lightyjo: Q13. saddest moment on Uk6 and in your tw career?

timmyhill: I think your taking it too far if your taking it seriously enough to get upset. I've been angry I have to admit, but a set back to myself is a motivation more than a let down.
timmyhill: If your getting upset because of TW your taking it too seriously. You don't play a game to get upset. We all signed up to a war game. If you want to enjoy the game you don't take it personally.
timmyhill: there are no sad moment in my TW career. Leaving w1 wasn't pleasant, but that was more becasue I knew I could hold out for longer however had to move 210 miles south. TW is a game and I've always treated it as such. Learn from your set backs and move on.

Lightyjo: ok good ethos
Lightyjo: timmy ty for your time and will get this posted up shortly!

timmyhill: kewl

discuss here and if someone wants to post up the cookie def then do so!

DeletedUser

@bergkamp1010 Are you sure?!

discuss here and if someone wants to post up the cookie def then do so!

Well, that depends on a variety of factors, the most important of which being relevance to UK6.

DeletedUser

Is that a no then?

I'd be more than happy to subject myself to anyone willing to give an impartial interview, I guarantee the answers would at least be interesting, if not amusing...

DeletedUser8385

I am not sure of JBOX - I know there has been a lot of accounts change hands from very good, quality players to ones less dedicated and less capable - its going to be an interesting few months for sure. As to the impact my return had on the tribe - I think the tribes actions over the last few weeks speaks louder than words.

not that i can say much as i have been gone so long but i have yet to see any issues with the replacements, its impossible to replace Styx of course but the two on her account now seem to be doing a good enough job. but i haven't seen a month of the worlds history and alot has changed so i guess i will see how accurate this is soon enough.

in any case seem to be bumping a dead thread to say oh hi there to the world, its been awhile.

DeletedUser8972

I have a question, and it's aimed at anybody that feels they have a suitable answer for it, it's a rwally simple question, and it goes a little something like this......

What happens next???

DeletedUser

Not sure what you mean by that mate... But, I would answer it by saying... More of the same?