Interviews

DeletedUser5582

This thread is just for interviews. Any commentary, please forward to the interview discussion thread.

DeletedUser5582

Ok first one of many is up. Please comment here http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16367

Ok UK6's Glen was first up so what can we learn about the man behind the pies....!

Lightyjo: Question 1. so tell us a bit about yourself outside tw?

Glen: Well I'm into my football and support Sheffield Wednesday go to all home matches and any as many away matches if i can get the money, I'm currently at college studying sports science and i also like to drink at the weekends.

Lightyjo: Question 2. You are known to account hop a bit? tell us why?

Glen: :D I just simply get bored of worlds but seem to be enjoying UK6 at the moment even though i haven't been on for a bit
Glen: think its the speed 2 thats keeping me their as nukes can build in near enough 1 week

Lightyjo: Question 3: Timmy says that giving you authority was worst thing he ever did?! Tell us what went wrong and what went right!

Glen: Hmmm, well I'd say when i was first given duke privs by timmy i was involved in the tribe quite a bit, but then my net went down for a bit and when i came back i had lost a lot of interest in the game so didn't really do anything.

Cant really remember anything that went right with me having privs, As i said didn't really do much and their wasn't really much to do before my net went down

Lightyjo: Question 4: so the chubbs noble thing? classic post! talk us through it!

Glen: Well, I had seen timmy do it a few times with other smaller players applying for the tribe, then for some reason i got a mail asking to join the tribe so stole Timmy's idea, the next thing i know the dude had got one of chubb's vill's, i wasn't going to invite him as i was just messing around but i was told to invite him, when i asked chubbs how he got a vill he blamed it all on his Co but i think hes lying and couldn't withstand the force of the noob :D

Lightyjo: was a great post and great idea
Lightyjo: Question 5: so chubbs co player? does he/she ever speak? coutts is name!

Glen: Hmmm, i think its a He and I never see them on skype and only have ever talked to him when asked chubbs something and it has been him on the account.
Glen: Hes like the silent Co-Player who probs does all the work :p

Lightyjo: Question 6: so favourite world for settings and favourite for folks you've met!

Glen: UK6 Definitely best for settings but i wouldn't say for people that goes to UK3, mainly because most people i play with on UK6 ive played with before

Lightyjo: why is UK6 better on settings?

Glen: mainly because of Speed 2, but also because its good farming when i farm, theirs not too many barb noblers the pally is the old style weapons so bonfire isnt like unbeatable
Glen: Morale is a bit of a issue sometimes

Lightyjo: ah ok confess I am a W3 purist so hate pally weapons (and morale)

Glen: :D

Lightyjo: Question 7 now your nuke build!

Glen: You wanna hear how amazing it is?

Lightyjo: you had scouts in your nuke on a 15 tech world discuss!

Edit: what followed here was Glen waxing lyrical about how this couldnlt have been him and blamed someone called Mike. No one in TFF (Glen's last tribe on W3) has ever heard of Mike but I will give him the benefit of the doubt!

Lightyjo: Question 8 You have a bit of banter with Cold Fusion. Secretly do you think he wants to be like you?

Glen: Yes of course he wants to be like me, who wouldnt? ;)

Lightyjo: Question 9: Funniest moment in TW?

Glen: Hmmmm difficult
Glen: Probably when we I got the RamdomTask Dude to noble one of Chubbs Vill's

Lightyjo: ok and saddest?

Glen: When i got rimmed for the first time on UK3 :D
Glen: Well i got rimmed by someone called biddle123 who took my 3k villa off me

Lightyjo: If you could change one thing in TW (rule/unit/mod Lol) what would it be and why?

Glen:i would most likely change the rule of no modding on the Public Forums

Lightyjo: stops tape

Edit: Alas the next bit is discussing his infraction so have removed this but think he was quite bitter about it!!

Lightyjo: Whats your take on botting and bot checks?

Glen: Well when people have a bot which logs in for them and farms and does all the other stuff for them it just annoys me how they then gloat about being better then someone else when they are not as they haven't done the work, and bot checks are just annoying

Lightyjo: ok so sounds you hate the botters but hate the checks to stop them?

Glen: No cos the checks dont stop them
Glen: grants bot does the checks also
Glen: but the checks for me personally always happen when I'm building a wall or farming much more annoying when farming

Lightyjo: so whats your solution to this?

Glen: Havent got one tbh and i cant really see INNO Finding one to it as well

Lightyjo: Tell me something about you that no one else knows?

Glen: Glen thinks of something interesting
Glen: Ok im secretly in love with biggsy ((blush))

Lightyjo: lol
Lightyjo: Is there anything else you'd like the TW community to know about you?

Glen: Cant think of anything that they'd want to know :D
Glen: Oooooo, im a Uber Noob and they should attack me more

Lightyjo: lol ok
Lightyjo: hun was a pleasure as always

Glen: Yh Nice Chat :)

DeletedUser5582

Ok next up was Timmyhill.

Lightyjo: So tell us a bit about yourself outside TW?

timmyhill: Erm, hard to say really. I've done alot of things in my life. In my teens I managed to get a contract playing classical percussion for the English National Ballet, however I left that to go back to my family roots which is farming. I did that for awhile and felt I wanted to taste the corporate world abit more and as such moved south. My current job these days entails buying flowers from kenya and selling those to supermarkets in the UK.

Lightyjo: Your signature shows you sitting on a hill and I wondered if you;d care to tell us what flowers they are?!

timmyhill: I have no idea - I take 0 credit for my sig or avatar they were done by chris miles and I paid him premmy points for the privilege.

Lightyjo: well I was put up to ask you that as was told you were a florist!

timmyhill: oh understandable - my job is 100% rose based. I'm not so sure there are any roses in my siggy

Lightyjo: You are famous for your PnP videos so tell us a bit about what got you into this and why you seem to have stopped doing them?

timmyhill: W1 was special for a time wasn't it? I loved TW at the time and I had real faith in my conviction. There were opportunities for PnP left right and centre and there were plenty of people to try and influence. My first video was done just on the cuff and the leaving video was done because myself and chubbs both enjoyed the first (him probably more than me as it took ages!!). I had a half arsed attempt on w6 against Hen but I'm the first person to put my hands up and say it was rubbish. I was around 2 minutes into doing a new one when RK struck during a diplomatic period.

Lightyjo: well they were very very good indeed but I have a query about the music...!
Lightyjo: Ok MC Hammer! His "music" features in a few of your video PnP's so are you his greatest fan? Do you own hammer pants?

timmyhill: I know a girl who regularly wears 80's hammer pants into work. There are 2 videos with mc hammer involved. The first was a decent PnP - the 2nd was a very lazy attempt and I hold my hands up to that. In all honesty I maybe didn't expect so many w1 players on w6 when I returned.
timmyhill: I do love abit of MC Hammer tho - yes - legend that he is!

Lightyjo: hehe I thought so have a few hammer questions for you to test your hammer knowledge!
Lightyjo: you ready?
Lightyjo: no googling now...!

timmyhill: go for it

Edit: You will need some music I think for this bit readers so click here please http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e32kaa9TzeE

Lightyjo: what is hammers real name?

timmyhill: stanley burkell

Lightyjo: very good
Lightyjo: where was he born?

timmyhill: don't know

Lightyjo: name 5 of his albums

timmyhill: 5?

Lightyjo: I was amazed too
Lightyjo: I thought he did one song but no

timmyhill: feel my power?
timmyhill: too legit?
timmyhill: something like please hammer?

Lightyjo: no
Lightyjo: I think we will need to confiscate those hammer pants!

timmyhill: what you on about - that'd stop my hammer time!

Lightyjo: ok ok you can keep the cd's

Edit: So timmy you scored one with 2 passes. MC Hammer was born in Oakland California and as for albums you could have had "lets get it started?" or "Please Hammer don't hurt 'em" or wiki the rest!

Lightyjo: Do you listen to Hammer when nuking folk?

timmyhill: music to nuke people? is this a genuine question lol

Lightyjo: lol no cough I never have a song playing when sending out attacks ((blush))
Lightyjo: moving swiftly on!

timmyhill: lol

Lightyjo: Q6. You co Duke with Chubbs so tell us how this works and how you two met?

timmyhill: Myself and chubbs met on w1 through a tribe called SUN. I was an influential character in the tribe and took him from SUN into CHE!!! - He followed me into flux and I think our friendship really developed at that point. From a duking point of view theres not really much to say. We used to discuss things I have to admit but we tend to have stopped these days. Not due to the lack of pressing questions, more due to the fact we are yet to disagree. On too many occasions we type the same thing at the same time and it just feels like we both came through the same school of TW learning.

Lightyjo: Q7. Is it true that Chubbs co player never speaks?

timmyhill: I think he speaks as often as he logs into the accounts in all honesty

Lightyjo: Q8. The demise of Gold seemed to be the big story of Uk6 so what do you think went wrong with them now the dust has settled?

timmyhill: I don't think anything went wrong. The only thing that bit Gold was psychological. It wasn't a case of not being able to survive, it was a case of admitting defeat too soon. I don't necessarily think that reflects on their members at the time, however I feel their leadership at the time simply didn't have the time to organise their unit efficiently. Its not something I really want to comment on, however the work of RK and Jbox obviously made some impression on their decisions at the time.

Lightyjo: Q9. What is it about UK6 that you like and what settings would you tweak (if it were allowed!) and why?

timmyhill: I wouldn't tweak a thing and if I had the choice every world would have these settings. When chubbs invited me onto the world to take over HMRC I was 50/50 about it however over time you start to wonder if settings on other worlds could beat what your on. Maybe a lower tech level but darren (Mjolln1r - my co) definitely likes it.

Lightyjo: q10 If you could change one thing in Tw what would it be and why?

timmyhill: I suppose the only thing I can think of is a more reliable server. Other than that I honesty don't have any complaints. In a dream world we'd have unilateral scripts but that just isn't going to happen with the options Inno give to tw community managers.

timmyhill: hold on - didn't I get some of those MC hammer albums rights?!?!

EditL there followed a brief discussion about album names v song names whic I won;t bore you with but the convo ended with

timmyhill: I think all of my albums are actually albums - I'm gonna jump on wiki

Lightyjo: you are the hammer fan!
Lightyjo: I have merely been sucked into not touching things through researching you!
Lightyjo: ok we can have a hammer thread on uk6?

timmyhill: i'm not sure it'll get many responses - but all of the above are indeed albums by mc hammer
timmyhill: lol
timmyhill: I shouldn't know that

Lightyjo: Q11 How do you see the current world war in Uk6 panning out and who amongst your foes is the one you respect the most?

timmyhill: Too many players on this world give respect to people who don't deserve it. I try to respect all alike but players being respected for previous achievements alone are deadwood imho. From a Jbox point of view, I'm not sure what to say to be honest. We're going through a transitional period at the moment and I'll openly admit things aren't going our way. That said, when your twice as large as your closest enemy and 4 times as large as the one after that times can't be that hard can they??

Lightyjo: Q12. Funniest moment on uk6 and again in your TW career?

timmyhill: You'd fail to find a funnier TW related moment than chubb's co being nobled from next door whilst his co was in the shower.
timmyhill: That said, I've been stumped by the cookie def on more than one occasion ;)

Lightyjo: the cookie def?!
Lightyjo: tell me more!

timmyhill: I'm not sure if its right for me to inform the masses of the legendary 'Cookie Def'. Abit of research will no doubt help those who are intrigued

Lightyjo: Q13. saddest moment on Uk6 and in your tw career?

timmyhill: I think your taking it too far if your taking it seriously enough to get upset. I've been angry I have to admit, but a set back to myself is a motivation more than a let down.
timmyhill: If your getting upset because of TW your taking it too seriously. You don't play a game to get upset. We all signed up to a war game. If you want to enjoy the game you don't take it personally.
timmyhill: there are no sad moment in my TW career. Leaving w1 wasn't pleasant, but that was more becasue I knew I could hold out for longer however had to move 210 miles south. TW is a game and I've always treated it as such. Learn from your set backs and move on.

Lightyjo: ok good ethos
Lightyjo: timmy ty for your time and will get this posted up shortly!

timmyhill: kewl

DeletedUser

An Interview with MacAiodh

Berg:So tell us a bit about yourself outside TW?
Patrick McGee: Single Dad, live in central London , born Derby, not working at the min due to illness

Berg: Fair enough, is that the same illness that caused you to take a break from TW?
Patrick McGee: yes
Patrick McGee: but should have all clear for work soon
Berg: Bummer, lol
Patrick McGee: I am bored silly

Berg: So even tho you were off due to an actual ailment were you frustrated that it was affecting your ability to play TW as well?
Or was RL the only thing on your mind?(Understandably ofc)

Patrick McGee: I was so upset at leaving TW I felt I had let peeps down tbh and really missed the banter

Berg: Ach well, everyone understands that certain things come 1st(personal health for example), people were more worried than anything else.
How does it feel to be back in the tribe you created?
Patrick McGee: I am a bit lost for words really, I am proud of all the players and very glad to be back to help out in any way I can

Berg: Being the one that took over(with Thunder), I can personally vouch for each and every tribe member when I say your return can be an inspiration to a lot of the tribe.

Do you think after being back for a week the tribe stands for the same values as you strived to instill?
Patrick McGee: Teamwork and agressive play is what I see now and what I wanted to instil so yes the tribe is going well.

Berg: Can I ask how your return, and more specifically your co-playing with speedmerchant came about?
Patrick McGee: I got all clear to get back on computer for more than a couple of hours came on skype Richard was on and messaged me, quick chat and he had a coplayer.
I was happy to accept his offer

Berg: So it was all spur of the moment?

Patrick McGee: No I was going to play TW and had started W9 (which I am going to quit tooo slloooww) and the chance to be back in RK was to good to pass up on.

Berg: Would you have accepted the offer if 'RK' was still called THE?
Patrick McGee: Well its about people for me not names and Richard, Mofo, yourself, Thunder and many more are good people to play with the name was just a bonus tbh.

Berg: Out of interest would you like the tribe to be renamed RethinK?
Patrick McGee: For nostalgic reasons yes but I would say that would be down to either the current Duke or a vote among the players not really for me to say.
I am happy with whatever is decided

Berg: Well, nostalgia and history has a huge part to play in this game, it is afterall a game for the peeps...

How do you see the future for this world?

Patrick McGee: I think RK can win, with good diplomacy and hard work. Not that I think it will be easy but it is possible we just have to make it happen. We are in a great possition but have powerful enemy but a beatable one, so I am opptomistic about our progress.
I think Jbox are facing better opposition than they thought in RK.

Berg: Some may see this as a somewhat bias interview, to balance things out can you please tell me what JBOX's strengths, and who(in your opinion) their best players are?
Patrick McGee: I know both Timmy and Chubbs from other worlds and have fought them a fair bit, both are excellent players and personally I like them both we just always end up on opposite sides. Both are great defenders and can attack as well I respect them both as players. Looking down the members list I recognise other names as good players from different worlds but I do not know if they are the original players or not so cannot comment on them. Jbox are No 1 tribe and there to be beaten but they are No 1. So respect but no fear is my take.

Berg: An elegant answer indeed.Ok, lets finish on a light note, what is your funniest TW memory?

Patrick McGee: At the very begining of W6 I was diligently clearing my 15 x 15 and gaining no friends but one guy stood out he had a tribe mate next door and when I scouted him he threatened to rim me and he said he had help. After a week of catting his village the gap between us was getting large (we had been very close at the begining) he sent me another threat he was going to get mates to do me over..... I just tohught why the hell are you still hanging on so I catted him for another 4 weeks before he gave up.
But my many mess-ups have been epic
mistakenly nuking myself while half awake
attacking a tribemate
etc and so many more
you got to laugh at yourself

Berg: Lol, we've all done that, a full def village attacking at sword speed and getting the 'Why are you attacking me' mail eh

Patrick McGee: yep
Berg: So can you please give me a summary of the future of World 6

Patrick McGee: So many if's
but

Berg: but
if

Patrick McGee: RK have the rim and that helps us no end with good recruitment and diplomacy and of course the killer activity RK can win wether we do or not is down to us.

Berg: Awesome, I thank you for your time Pat

Patrick McGee: NP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Berg wanted an interview himself so i did him the honor.

MoFo: Lets start with the typical tell us about yourself outside of TW

Berg: Hmmm

Berg: Well... I manage a small Plumbase branch in Dunfermline, selling plumbing stuff, that takes up 50 hours of me week. Outside that, I like to think I'm an awesome goalkeeper, with a penchant for the theatrical, as my tribal addresses have probably shown :p

MoFo: Lol indeed they have

MoFo: So how did you get started playing TW?

Berg: I think it was one of those annoying flash ads on Bebo or Facebook, I clicked it by accident in all honesty but after a month or so I thought 'This is alright' and took it from there.

MoFo: Quite a few have started that way.

Berg: The irony is I don't do either anymore yet here I am, still playing this crap

MoFo: Lol

MoFo: So how might you of come into co-playing with Shaun on the Thunderhorse account?

Berg: Well...
Somehow we ended up in the same tribe on UK1... TEA... Many fond memories from there. We co-ordinated some ops against our enemies and started speaking a lot. I can't remember who suggested the merge, although it was probably me as I'm the smart one, but we've had a wonderful loving relationship ever since.(Apart from when he changed the pw)

Berg: Is this a question or an essay?

MoFo: From what ive seen you definatly work well together. But since you mentioned it, ive got to ask. Who is the brains and who is the brawn? and if you could also elaborate on who is more aggressive and who is more defensive? Who takes more initative in dukeship?
I guess what im getting at here is who wears the pants in the relationship?

Berg: Obviously I'm the boss(and the clown), and I'm not just saying that, Shaun would admit it, maybe that's why he kicked me. If you cast your mind back to when Mac disappeared, it was I who stepped up. It was I who constructed the new council. And it is I who is da boss!

As for the other stuff, we generally have a pretty even split, although if I was pressed to fault my co it would probably be his defending and for him it would be my attacking.
We're also two very different personalities too which is why I think we make such a blooming good team, both as players and duke

MoFo: I think everyone could agree with that.

Berg: (blush)

Berg: I don't get enough credit

Berg: When this world ends we start under my name lol

MoFo: Or you both start under my name?

Berg: lol

MoFo: You know you want some canadian blood in the mix

Berg: Canadian blood is just watered down Scots blood

Berg: Anyway back to the questions please guy

MoFo: Lol ok

MoFo: Now onto the current state of the world. Firstly ill get your view on RK. Our progress, our future, our strengths and our weaknesses?

Berg: Ok

Berg: I'll try

Berg: Our Progress

Berg: Well... I can only comment on the 1st few months and the last few weeks, and, in the early days, things did look good, we had an active tribe, no inhibitions and no fear.

Berg: BUT...
In the last few weeks since I came back, the tribe has really stepped up to the plate, we've had mass incoming on various players, myself(ourselves) included with limited success on the attackers part and this is what builds morale in a tribe. To see the peeps efforts rewarded with either taking villas or minimal losing of them always brings a smile to my face.

Berg: Our Future...

Berg: All I can say is I hope we continue to move south, beating JBOX with a big bloody sitck until they give us their villas

Berg: Our Strengths...

Berg: Has to be the camaraderie, this does feel like a family and it's the 1st time I've felt such kinship since TEA on UK1

Berg: Our Weaknesses...

Berg: Pfff

MoFo: Fair enough. lol.

MoFo: Now ive got to ask you the same about our opposition JBOX?

Berg: (emo)

Berg: In all fairness I don't know enough about them to talk about their progress or future

Berg: But their strength definitely lies in sheer numbers

Berg: Don't get me wrong, their attacking capability is not purely down to nukes, they have some seriously capable players there but in a war of attrition such as this numbers do play a significant factor...

Berg: Weaknesses?

Berg: Maybe wishful thinking but I'm hoping that a few of their players will quit through boredom, although I did see fatallll post, there's a weakness in itself

MoFo: Haha. Perhaps.

MoFo: How about the tribes "on the side", so to speak, of this war. AKP and FATE. What is your opinion of them?

Berg: FATE?

Berg: (rofl)

Berg: All I will say about them is 100 million ODT? Really? Really? Really?

Berg: AKP

Berg: Hmmm

Berg: To be perfectly honest I've had absolutely no dealings with them at all, although I have just asked for for a dialogue to be opened. Then seem like a tight unit, and their stats ain't that shabby.

MoFo: They have been doing well lately which is good to see.

MoFo: Of the big 4 mentioned above, who do you think will be first to fall and why?

Berg: FATE

Berg: I'd like to say cos they're crap(which is the real reason) but I suppose I'd better justify myself

MoFo: Not gaining many fans with answers like that. lol

Berg: There's no danger of the top two disappearing, we are both full of capable players and people who can take over should unexpected absences occur

Berg: AKP I don't know enough about I'm afraid but FATE lost my respect when I saw their dukes's conquer stats

Berg: http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk6/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&type=gain&id=317635

MoFo: Yeah those definately are not stats to be proud of.

Berg: It's embarrassing for anyone who plays the game to look at tbh

MoFo: Well now that we know which player you think the lowest of in our opposition, which do you think highest of?

Berg: Ooooh

Berg: I'll take a minute to think about that if you don't mind

MoFo: Take your time. Ive got attacks i should be sending anyway.

Berg: Well, I would have said Ironblev until today but his attacks were too easy to defend.
I'm gonna have to go with Chubbs, not only is he number 1 but he knows how to mix it up with his attacks, and more importantly(in my eyes) he can defend.

MoFo: Not who i would have picked but a good choice none the less.

MoFo: What do you see happening in this world in say the next month? Any major moves? Or just the same steady progress that has been happening lately?

Berg: Well...

Berg: I think we are at a crossroads, both RK and the war

Berg: I can't predict the future but I do feel that something will tip the balance one way or the other...

MoFo: Id agree with that.
So on a different note, Berg you are quite the south park fan. If you were a south park character who would you be and why?

Berg: Randy Marsh, he's gotta be the best SP character ever!

Berg: He's so over the top with whichever fad is hitting the town at any particular time

Berg: Definitely Randy

Berg: I love you Randy

Berg: Make love to me Randy!

MoFo: Haha yeah hes pretty funny

MoFo: Well thats all the questions i have for you mate.

MoFo: Thanks for the opportunity budday

Berg: I'm not your budday friend

MoFo: Im not your friend guy