Is Bribing allowed?

DeletedUser13240

Okay I was just wondering;

If it's against the rules to bribe someone with resources for information?

If anyone knows it'd be very appreciated.

Erich

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, bribing is very much allowed. I can't really see a bribe being such that it breaks the push account rules and obviously, you can't use premium points as bribe material.

DeletedUser13240

Hmmm... I heard on .net that something to do with bribing/tricking for resources was banned so wondered if it was same on here... Because I wanted to bribe someone on one of my worlds xD

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Tricking is indeed illegal on .net, but there is a difference between bribing and tricking.

I read bribing as:

I'll give you 50K each resource if you pass me the contents of your tribes forum.

or

If you attack this tribemate of yours, I'll let you keep 5 of the villages.

Tricking however, would be:

If you restart, I'll send you 5000 of each resource. Without any intention of doing that.

The difference is in the (potential) harm to the player (victim) and the intention of the 'trickster' (briber). Sending someone the entire contents of a forum isn't directly harmful, it happens anyway with spying. Promising to help someone betray their tribe is perfectly allowed as well, happens all the time in wars. Making someone who doesn't know left from right in the game restart from nothing on a false promise, is a lot more harmful.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13240

Ah right.

So I guess that tricking isn't allowed on UK?

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
I don't see it in the rules.

Which would officially mean that it is allowed on .uk.