Is this world just too slow... discussion...

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
With the limited haul being at just 1000 res a day and a speed 1 world, is it just too slow...

Would a higher speed or a higher max daily haul been better but still achieved the perceived aim of the world of making it competitive and not hugely time consuming to be competitive...

DeletedUser

For a world to be "more competitive", surely it needs more players actively fighting for the top spots? so a competitive world in my mind there would be a smaller gap between say rank 1 and rank 20, as that would mean there was competition within the rankings.

Personally I'd agree the settings have put me off joining i probably would have if it had been a faster speed, but then the whole point of these settings in my mind is reduce the impact of activity, and faster world settings would go against that objective.

I would say any world settings can allow for a competitive world, just on this world the settings do not play towards those whose biggest strength is their farming technique, that actually for the vast majority of players gives them the potential to be more competitive not less.

Almost convinced myself to join :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Thanks to everyone being given 20 free troops all farms are empty everywhere. This is incredibly annoying.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
For a world to be "more competitive", surely it needs more players actively fighting for the top spots? so a competitive world in my mind there would be a smaller gap between say rank 1 and rank 20, as that would mean there was competition within the rankings.

Personally I'd agree the settings have put me off joining i probably would have if it had been a faster speed, but then the whole point of these settings in my mind is reduce the impact of activity, and faster world settings would go against that objective.

I would say any world settings can allow for a competitive world, just on this world the settings do not play towards those whose biggest strength is their farming technique, that actually for the vast majority of players gives them the potential to be more competitive not less.

Almost convinced myself to join :icon_confused:

I agree that the concept of limited hauling should make a world more competitive as it reduces the gap between those that can farm and those that can't... and as reduce the level of activity needed to be competitive... so on this world there should be more players actively fighting for top spot... presuming enough players join the world and stay on the world... I just can't see that happening as it's just so slow...

I just think a better balance could of been found... a good effort and it's good to see things moving forward and new things being tried, but there is more to be done to find the right balance where we will end up with a world with a large number of players that is competitive world...

DeletedUser282

I think the whole idea of limited hauls is that it allows people to be less active during start up, so it being slow is quite a good thing.

DeletedUser

In answer to title:
No
This world will progress faster than the no hauls world, by a wide margin.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
By first noble do you mean the first person to noble rush and munch a 79 point barb with very few troops or the first noblement of an active player (not a gifted village)?

DeletedUser

I suspect it will be a smarter player since build order and decisions will be a vital part of getting to nobles early, but then again I myself consider noble rushing a stupid idea for this world. So, you never know.

DeletedUser7179

Noble rushing in this world would be silly in my opinion the amount of resources it would cost to what u can farm is just too big a difference! Mine whoring like a pro is the way forward imo!

DeletedUser

Minewhore, then noble others who minewhored well. That's the way to go >.>

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Noble rushing on a no hauls world and being the first to noble 79 point barb is easy... I can't see it being much harder on this world...

Though it is a stupid way to go and a waste of resources, that much isn't in doubt...

Best strat is to noble rush, then noble a gifted village with maxed mines... that's my plan.. now who wants to give me their village?

DeletedUser3371

I find myself wondering did you just mean noble rushing in general "is a stupid idea" , or just for this particular world, Monty.

I have resisted the urge to join so far but I would have thought it the best tactic for those wishing to out pace the pack.

The equation used to work out your maximum haul is also linked to x villages and the first player who reaches 2 villas will also double his limit if I am not mistaken.

With that in mind, the right build might give you an edge with just 1 village but by the time some one noble rushing reaches five they will almost certainly be out farming the rest of the world by a large margin. I think it would be my aim to rush for a change if I was actually playing these settings.

Please fell free to correct that as my math is almost always wrong.

DeletedUser

I don't understand the aversion to these settings, you should be happy it slows down those of us who know how farm properly.

DeletedUser

I find myself wondering did you just mean noble rushing in general "is a stupid idea" , or just for this particular world, Monty.

I have resisted the urge to join so far but I would have thought it the best tactic for those wishing to out pace the pack.

The equation used to work out your maximum haul is also linked to x villages and the first player who reaches 2 villas will also double his limit if I am not mistaken.

With that in mind, the right build might give you an edge with just 1 village but by the time some one noble rushing reaches five they will almost certainly be out farming the rest of the world by a large margin. I think it would be my aim to rush for a change if I was actually playing these settings.

Please fell free to correct that as my math is almost always wrong.

No, not double. Gain an extra 1000 per day. It's (days played + villages) * 1000.