It aint over till the ....

DeletedUser9793

...fat lady sings.....

yes it is.

The world technically ends after 1 year but for all intents and purposes, w12 is now a peace loving industrious planet under the hegemony of LoL/Swtea.

Questions I have :

1 Whats the record to wrapping up a world?
2 If it is clearly wrapped up then can the win conditions be brought forward/amernded to accept reality on the ground ?

With thanks to my tribemates at LoL and allies at Swtea for outstanding leadership and strategy.
For a few of us , this is gonna be the final world and then we hang up the axes over the mantlepiece. I have really enjoyed my journey through TW and more important than transcient awards, are the friends made and the fun had. The addiction to cancel sniping and sending out trains at 3.30am is now truly over . The friendships and spirit of teamwork will last.

Nat

DeletedUser10816

Depends largely on size I guess..

W7 was completed in 14 months. That was 100% world domination (approx 12 continents)

W8 was completed in 12 months. That was meeting a win condition and holding it. Resulting in approx 50% world domination (approx 12 continents)

W9 was completed in 11 months, and that was 100% domination on approx 4 continents

W12 is set to be won at some point in January (10 months), but with the world win condition being set to 1 year... mid march would appear to be the earliest...

So W12 may well turn out to be the first barb world on the UK server, where everyone goes barb with boredom!!:lol:

I've already asked Sami the question, I think she'd rather it be discussed in private based upon her reply to me - so I won't push the matter here

DeletedUser11492

Why should the win condition be changed just because LOL and SwTea cannot bring themselves to fight each other. You are allies but when I raised this issue with a SwTea member some time ago they were confident you wouldn't have to fight each other, it appears that some thought has been given to meeting the win conditions and that planning on changing them once the other tribes were defeated was the best way for both tribes to continue as they were. If you had not reached that conclusion your alliance would have split some time ago and with it the boredom of W12 may have been relieved.

Your opponents for various reasons have not been good on W12 but don't blame us entirely for such a poor world, your plan to change the win conditions is as much at fault as we are, and if the conditions are changed as you seem to want then TW may as well make the win conditions for W15 'whatever the largest tribe asks for when they are bored with the world'.

Fight each other now and have some fun!!!

DeletedUser83

Really wish everyone would quit whining about SWTEA and LoL... We are not going to fight each other - that decision was made months ago - and by the end of the world we will be a single tribe. No mess, no fuss, cools, simples etc...

DeletedUser6603

It's not our fault our opponents in the North couldn't hack it....

DeletedUser

At the start of the world, people said that LoL were over-rated and that FaF (or whatever those guys were called back then) would provide ample challenge. SWTEA were practically wrote off.

The fact is, Umm are in a free-fall now while LoL and SWTEA are due to win in a very respectable amount of time.

I think anyone coming up with excuses as to why we're so successful needs to re-examine what game it is they think they're playing. Tribal. Wars. You work together, you fight, and (in our case) you win. Simple as :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11492

At the start of the world, people said that LoL were over-rated and that FaF (or whatever those guys were called back then) would provide ample challenge. SWTEA were practically wrote off.

The fact is, Umm are in a free-fall now while LoL and SWTEA are due to win in a very respectable amount of time.

I think anyone coming up with excuses as to why we're so successful needs to re-examine what game it is they think they're playing. Tribal. Wars. You work together, you fight, and (in our case) you win. Simple as :)

I cant disagree with much of what you say for whatever reasons opposition to the Lol/SwTea alliance was not as good as any of us wanted. But that does not change my point that the power to make the world more interesting also lay with LoL and SwTea when to meet the win criteria instead of agreeing to play it out this way there was an option to break the alliance, which may have given the other tribes a chance to sort themselves out and give you both the fight you wanted.

DeletedUser10842

I can see what your saying.

The truth is, we discussed our options very early on in the world.

We had an idea we might win the world, lets just say we were quietly confident in our abilities.

The alliance formed between LoL and TEAM / SWARM due to our links back to w1 and an equal respect for each other.

Right up until the last few months we had left the option open as to whether we should fight each other, or merge for the win, in the end, we let both tribes vote on it, and the majority voted merge for whatever reasons, be them, boredom already, not having, or wanting to commit any time further to the game, or as most in LoL point4d out, feeling that both tribes had played their roles really well in the fight together from the start, and had all earned the win.

Going back to the roles..

LoL started off very offensive, SWTEA defensive.

Due to that fact, it meant that ground coverage by LoL was always going to be greater, our two tribes have different styles of play.

When the time come to vote on how the end would pan out (yes your right, it was our decision ultimately) LoL had consumed far more of the map than SWTEA.

Options were discussed for an end war, lots!

If we just carried on as we are now, until everything was gone but us, it would be a one way battle due to the different startups that we got, we didnt think SWTEA having to sit back and turtle whilst we continually throw nukes at them would be fun for either side.

There was the option of LoL trying to adjust there playing style to try and even out the growth rates so it would be a full on head to head at the end, but we couldnt ask players to change how they play without fear of them giving up sooner through boredom.

The idea of recruiting from Umm, FaF whatever they like to be called was discussed, but we knew deep down, there would be no loyalty, and it wouldnt be the same fun it would of been with those who had agreed it from the start.

So that took us back to merging, which the majority or us are happy with, I think we're all looking forward to a break again, and knowing we can relax over christmas is a nice thought too.

What ever way you look at it, there was never going to be another tribe who had
a chance to sort themselves out and give you both the fight you wanted

They had the chance from day 1 like we did, there was a point where we should of got a hammering, but it just never came, we waited and waited, but it soon become apparent how this would was going to wind up.

The fact is, merging for the win, was our decision, if the game is allowed to end early because of it, great, if not, nothing will happen in the months its left sat, so nobody gains from it..

DeletedUser83

The simple fact is that LoL and SWTEA have earned the right to win this world. People may complain about it, however diplomacy is one of the biggest parts of any war. The idea that we should turn against each other just to give everyone else a second chance is pretty preposterous.

It's a war game at the end of the day and I'm pretty sure that during no war, anywhere, ever has one side decided to let the other side regroup for a better fight. I don't remember the Allies and the USA turning on each other during WWII to give the Germans a chance. FAF/Umm/Whatever had there chance to win (and a fairly good one too) but they let it slip through their hands.

DeletedUser11492

I suppose this sometimes happens, we had a few hiccups early on and never really recovered from them I know some of us have found the situation as frustrating as you, if not more so. It doesn't sit well when you know you could and should have done better, however guys well done and I hope we can get a rematch and do better on another world.

DeletedUser9793

The integrity of the victory cannot really be doubted. But if there was a flaw in this world, I dunno, i put the issue to Inno : Too many worlds comin out too quickly encourages transcient play . Players loose an inch and then quit rather than stick it out and grind to success or fight to the death.
There are still a few in Umm who are fighting back and full respect to them. Win or loose gonna have fun killing and bashing down walls.
And respect to you, Howards20 for your criticisms and thoughts [ tho you are generous to describe your tribe's performance as a few hiccups :) ]