Just wondering!?

DeletedUser

World after world, time and time again I attack players, listen to players talk about their accounts, and account sit players, I find one common theme at this point and slightly further into the game. Offense, sooo much offense. At times over 50% of their villages are offense... I really do not understand it, what do you guys do with this offense, what is the purpose? Is it just over compensation for crappy playing, I honestly do not understand why anyone would have more than 2 offensive villages right now. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Valid question, but you feel this is a likely place to get an answer ?

DeletedUser6695

I personally go 2:1 D... No point having vills if you can't defend them :p

DeletedUser

The best defence is a good offence. You can split trains with offence but also backtime any incomings, nuke any defensive villages and constantly push your opponents back. On top of that, offence builds faster than defence.

For the record, I'm not saying this is the best way to play the game, I am just giving you the counter-arguement that you are looking for.

DeletedUser

Sniping and backtiming aren't defending.

LOL

Well, you got noble train coming to your village. You can't stack the village with Deff. You gonna lose it.

But if you will snipe the train (last one, two or three nobles) you will not lose the village.
Did you just defend your village, or what?

DeletedUser

Stacking villages is the best way to go, especially at this point in the game when crippling a players offense is quite lethal. A 50% or more O ratio is just plain silly. At this stage of the game, as the one mentioned, 2-3 offense villages are enough.

DeletedUser

LOL

Well, you got noble train coming to your village. You can't stack the village with Deff. You gonna lose it.

But if you will snipe the train (last one, two or three nobles) you will not lose the village.
Did you just defend your village, or what?

No, you did not really defend your village, you delayed the attack, they can now send again.. Now your loyalty is low and your village still needs to be stacked only answer to maintain the village is still to stack it and remove the armies that threaten it. Backtiming at this point would be dumb, libel to run into a stack.

DeletedUser

No, you did not really defend your village, you delayed the attack, they can now send again.. Now your loyalty is low and your village still needs to be stacked only answer to maintain the village is still to stack it and remove the armies that threaten it. Backtiming at this point would be dumb, libel to run into a stack.

Possibly, but after sniping you have number of options, and you bought plenty of time. You have time to get villa stack, you can do noting and snipe again. You can BT as well. As attacker (at most cases) usually is not expecting fail, hence will not be stacked. There is number of option what you can do. If his troops not get home in NB (night bonus) I don't think so BT-ing him is dumb. He will have only Ram speed walking time to get stacked. Always take into account how close he has tribe mates able to support him and if those accounts are active at that time. As surely only small number of them will be online and have some reasonable defense at hand.

My point is, if you can stack, stack it. That is the safest option. But if you can't then this is not the end of the world. If you successfully gonna snipe and BT him, this will set him back for weeks. All of course depends how many villa player has etc.

Regards to loyality, if you gonna snipe after first noble, then you are down to 65-83. Let say takes him 5 hours walking. Thats 10h trip which builds up 1.5 loyalty every 1h (and you might wait a "bit" to rebuild losted nobles). If he has one village only is not really point to resend. As you need to rebuild noble and you may face stack or being sniped again.

DeletedUser

Possibly, but after sniping you have number of options, and you bought plenty of time. You have time to get villa stack, you can do noting and snipe again. You can BT as well. As attacker (at most cases) usually is not expecting fail, hence will not be stacked. There is number of option what you can do. If his troops not get home in NB (night bonus) I don't think so BT-ing him is dumb. He will have only Ram speed walking time to get stacked. Always take into account how close he has tribe mates able to support him and if those accounts are active at that time. As surely only small number of them will be online and have some reasonable defense at hand.

My point is, if you can stack, stack it. That is the safest option. But if you can't then this is not the end of the world. If you successfully gonna snipe and BT him, this will set him back for weeks. All of course depends how many villa player has etc.

Regards to loyality, if you gonna snipe after first noble, then you are down to 65-83. Let say takes him 5 hours walking. Thats 10h trip which builds up 1.5 loyalty every 1h (and you might wait a "bit" to rebuild losted nobles). If he has one village only is not really point to resend. As you need to rebuild noble and you may face stack or being sniped again.

Any smart attacker will stack his village beforehand if he feels there is a chance of getting backtimed. Secondly, letting your village loyalty drop is leaving it that much more vulnerable to further nobling efforts, considering that the enemy's tribemates can always get involved. You never know. Hence going so O heavy and relying on sniping to defend your villages is not tactful. But I do understand what you're trying to say, that if stacking is not possible, the fight is not over. However, that was not the debate.

DeletedUser8687

meh. Sniping is a defensive tactic but doesnt kill the nuke so it's barely a defensive tactic. Backtiming is counter-attacking.

Both are needed as well as def. in my lazy opinion

DeletedUser

Exactly in all situations you have it as a stop gap, and at this point in the game, if you backtime any decent tribe will stack and you will have more losses than them.. I am not arguing it is not a good stop gap, it is, but that is all it is. Eventually the loyalty will go down to 0 unless you destroy his armies best done by stacking. I wont even go into how you can send unsnipable attacks..

The other issue is why do you need so much O. I have the second highest opd for attacking in the world the leader is 10k ahead me which is hardly anything. I have 2 O armies, both are currently full. So what exactly are you donig with this O. Only one person has expanded as fast as me, so what the heck does this O do for you? It is truly confusing me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

what do you guys do with this offense, what is the purpose?

I'm not saying its unique to arrogant players but I have certainly found that overly offensive players tend to see themselves as "the best". They don't need Def because they are too good to be attacked. Those of you who have been in premades that recruited on the forums have probably played with such players.

Its a silly fallacy but a common one. And I have noticed a lot of players with such a mindset have similar personality characteristics.

These types of players are quite usually the first to quit when real wars break out.

While I appreciate the need for as much LC as possible at start-up I strongly disagree with the mindset of being 90% (or close to it) offensive.

But to answer the question - I would imagine the answer lies in over confidence and fear of not having offense at hand. Such players either fear not having a huge amount of Off at any one time or lack the ability to expand rapidly without losing large amounts of Off....but I'm sure you already know this.

DeletedUser

But what about your first village? I'm more interested in your strategies for that.

DeletedUser

But what about your first village? I'm more interested in your strategies for that.

60% O normally, Ive done as low as 20% O and maintained top 10, in the first village. As much O as 80% I tend not to do that though.

DeletedUser

I usually build enough O to take my 2nd village, counting on it being mostly killed, Then turn my first village into D as it produces troops faster.

DeletedUser

Me too:icon_biggrin:
43.gif

DeletedUser

I usually build enough O to take my 2nd village, counting on it being mostly killed, Then turn my first village into D as it produces troops faster.

I did that, but I didn't lose enough O. Oh well, the O saved was put to much more amusing uses later on so :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

At this stage of the game, as the one mentioned, 2-3 offense villages are enough.

bud, you're hilarious
icon10.gif

honestly, I'd enjoy fighting against you

I think it all goes for the server settings you've chosen and the area you're settling in. If you need def, either ask for tribal support or rustle up a secret personal alliance who keeps recruiting def for you. HCav Defs here and there for occasional snipes and sporadic stacks. The more offensive villas you have, the more active an account needs to be/the vulnerable you are.

DeletedUser6695

Wait, are you saying having defence is bad and you should rely on others to defend you?

If that is the case you realise you ruined your own argument in your last sentence