Just wondering!?

DeletedUser

Well I would have imagined that this world would be ideally suited for a mainly Offensive Player, a player who has a strong O:D ratio.

If a player is very active and a fairly competent player I would suggest that this world could really favour a strong O ratio. Activity and competence are a must however.

A few things to consider :

250ms Command Gap - Means that even that anyone who can cancel snipe can cover all their villages with minimal D in each village ( even 100 HC in each O village should suffice most cases). This gives the Offensive minded player an option to save any village at any time.

0.625 Troop Speed - Whilst not terribly important, those extra minutes, and later in game hours, will provide an extra activity buffer for dodging O nukes out, or planning for other methods. In other words you have more time, albeit a small amount lol, to prepare for incomings. The chances of logging in to see an Offensive village cleared and nobled are slightly less. I'll grant it that it's a tiny difference, but it does help.

No Outside Tribe Support - Probably the most beneficial factor in swaying a player towards strong Offensive builds in this world. Recapping. The fact that you cannot send support to a village you are conquering is a massive advantage in the strategy (?) of recapping your villages. Essentially a player can recap his villages all the time, as a method of stopping the enemy from keeping your villages. Although not a great long term plan, this world is extremely biased for recapping. Having plenty of O nukes lying around would be advantageous for this form of "defence" ( for lack of better word).

So I think if a player went wanted to go strongly Offensive, this would be the world to do it on. Correct me if I'm wrong but surely the settings on this world provide some solid reasons why it's a decent gameplan here.

Now I certainly wouldn't do it, as I love my D too much and probably not nearly active enough. I also have to agree with the one, in that I've had no reasons to build more than two nukes so far. Usually one has been enough as most players seem to be strongly Offensive on this world :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Sorry, but your first two reasons are kind of a double-bladed sword, as they counter offensive actions, as well as encouraging them.

But yes, the outside support rule is definitely invaluable for singling out players.

DeletedUser

Strong offence works up to a point where you can snipe, but having a good defence can cripple an offensive player if you move it around and kill off his offence.

With good defence from myself and my tribe I held off an entire tribes offensive against me using sniping and killing troops through good defence. once their offence was killed off, the tribe i was in wiped the floor with them and rimmed most of them (we were 23 players, they were close to 90) - I lost 1 village out of 500. Defence matters !

Also if an offensive player later on decides to start sending straight nuke / nobles and take your villages using 4 offensive villages your sniping skills are worthless

DeletedUser

Well that's when you pre-noble and recap the village.

I'm not trying to say it's a great strategy going strongly O, but I do think the settings on this world are well suited for it.

DeletedUser

I have to agree with Lakadeam's main points- In fact every world is slightly different and you should adapt your basic strategy to make the best use of the settings.

The settings on W10 DO seem more suited to offensive players as Lakadaem pointed out. Sure, there will also be cases where players attack with nuke+noble from 4 different villages*, etc. but these cases will appear on all worlds. The point is that for W10, the balance is more towards an offensive strategy than on most other worlds.

Probably I will still follow my normal strategy on offensive and defensive builds - but I think I will be a little less careful and cautious when attacking. I will certainly change my noble train structures so that lots of D lands with the last noble ;-)

*BTW - this is even more fun to defend than sniping a noble-train, using an offensive build. You simply pre-noble the village yourself - down to about 10% loyalty so that your enemy's first noble takes the village, then their 2nd noble takes out their first noble, 3rd noble takes out the 4th noble, 4th noble takes out the 3rd noble .... until finally your noble lands a few milliseconds later, recapturing the village. My only regret with this technique is that you can't see your enemy's face when it happens...

Nauzhror

Reaction score
*BTW - this is even more fun to defend than sniping a noble-train, using an offensive build. You simply pre-noble the village yourself - down to about 10% loyalty so that your enemy's first noble takes the village, then their 2nd noble takes out their first noble, 3rd noble takes out the 4th noble, 4th noble takes out the 3rd noble .... until finally your noble lands a few milliseconds later, recapturing the village. My only regret with this technique is that you can't see your enemy's face when it happens...

That's why when you send from four different villages you don't time it like a train.

Well that's when you pre-noble and recap the village.

I'm not trying to say it's a great strategy going strongly O, but I do think the settings on this world are well suited for it.

I'd say the opposite, no morale means you need less offense since you will lose less than usual when attacking small stacked players.

You need more offense on morale worlds.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Your signature says all that needs to be said. Your ODD is ridiculously low. You have not been properly tested in that account, at all. You're high ranked not because you're any good, but because the rest of the world is too afraid to hit you.

I'm sorry, but I am not gloating that I am good at the game in any way, shape or form. BUT, I have watched this over years of Tribalwars on .net and .co.uk and personally I am sick of High Ranked players like yourselves telling smaller players that they should learn how to play the game or that they are not good.
I've seen threads of players say "look at this guy's noble train, it has a 2 second gap"
Yes maybe it is not the best noble train and easily snipable but that doesn't mean you should put newer players down just because they are learning.
Personally, just play the game how you want to play, if you wish to take it seriously and pay for premium because you know how to backtime snipe and all this stuff then go ahead.
If you want to play defensively and not farm as much that is fine.
MAYBE you are better than him but that does not mean that you should say that other people are not good at this game.
He may have a different strategy to you, you simply do not know, some people are good players and just because he has a low ODD it does not mean that he is a bad player as such. He is a could be a good player but you do not know, so please do not assume.

Tribalwars is dominated by high ranked players that think they know everything. Maybe they have years of experience but that gives them no right to tell new players that they are bad. Maybe what they are doing is wrong and you can advise them but at the moment you have done nothing of the sort.

EDIT: Just saw admin's post. ^