Clay 3
Wood 3
Wood 4
Wood 5
= 5,3,1 Mines
HQ 2
HQ 3
Barracks
Make 25 spears per barb you have in your 7 by 7 before going for axes..
Warehouse 2
Market 1: (Look out for high ratio trades or ones that may benefit you as much as possible. You can even use your market to keep extra iron if your getting to much of it stocked up. You could put e.g. 1k iron for 2k wood on an offer then even if accepted you wouldn't mind but it would be highly unlikely. You can also use your market to send resources to barb if your being attacked, then cancel to help aviod your resources being taken if being farmed, only needed if you cant spend up due to farm space or you have a low level hiding place.)
Warehouse 3
HQ 4
HQ 5
Smithy 1
Smithy 2
Research Axes, Make sure you already have your 25 sp per barb/bonus in your 7 by 7 at this stage..
Build 10 axes per 25 spears you have and send them out in groups as such to villages with 65- points, the more often you are able to farm (raid) other villages for resources (hauls) the faster you will be able to grow..
When you have atleast 125 sp and 50 axes you can then move on to the next part of the guide of working towards getting a stable....
Wall 1
HQ 6
HQ 7
HQ 8
Warehouse 4
Barracks (Rax) 2
Rax 3
Rax 4
Rax 5
HQ 9
HQ 10
Smithy 3
Smithy 4
Smithy 5
Stable
Research Scouts (build 5 scouts, or 15 on a world with 5 scout min attack limit)..
Remember to keep farming like hell or as much as you possibly can, BP may now be over at this stage depending on length and your playing speed. Remember to look for villages coming out of BP or use the Map Tool to help you look for them..
Stable 2
Stable 3
Research LC (the more LC you are able to build the better, you can now trade your extra clay or wood if you have any for Iron at high trade rates in your market since people will accept them at this stage due to them having alot of excess Iron, This will benefit you alot as you will be able to use the iron to help towards producing more LC)

A few final tips after the LC Stage to consider:

- Remember to send your troops out in farming groups, you can either work out the amount of troops you may need to bring in the villages full haul if you scout the village before farming then e.g. To collect a full haul of: 800,800,800 you would need 30 LC (1 LC =80 x 30= 2400, needed to collect the full haul of 800,800,800)...Our you could simply just split them up into groups of even numbers if you are lazy farmer e.g. if you had 200 sp and 100 axes; 50sp + 25ax x4=4 farming groups then if you had 100 LC you could do 25 x4 which in total would give you 8 farming groups Which would bring home alot more resources than just spliting your troops into 2-3 large groups, unless you know there is a large haul waiting for your troops when they arrive...

- Building High Level mines is not really going to benefit you unless you are not active enough to be able to farm regulary.

- Try and keep your Farm as high as possible or try to keep atleast 500 extra space so that you may be able to que up more troops if under attack to save resources. You may end up having to upgrade your farm daily or possibly more than once per day if you are a very active farmer.

- Building up your Barracks and Stable would be a good idea if you have spare resources or if you are gaining a high amount of resources through farming, try to make them as high as possible or high enough to be able to produce troops 24/7 as fast as you can possibly bring in enough resources to purchase them aswell as being able to build things in your HQ at the same time. But do remember troops help alot more than points.

- Maintaining Equal or more axes then your villages total points would be a good idea, Having around half or more of your points total in LC would be a idea at the same time. You may want to clear anyone who you think might be farming your farms if you see them drying up without you being the person who made them dry. But Try to keep atleast 1-2 noble targets within your 13 by 13 for later if possible, especially for in a church world...

I hope you found my guide useful, do hope you have fun playing TW in the future...

-Jigsaw (AKA L@UI$)

P.S. If you can spot any mistakes in my guide please feel free to let me know via PM. I would appreciate it...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You will not need to make 125 spears. 100 is more than enough.
I see you take it in alternate turns when upgrading HQ/Rax/stables.
I see no point in this. Upping the HQ first makes the other buildings quicker.
The only advantage your way gives is being able to build the smithy/Rax before the next upgrade of the HQ.

I've always found getting axe during protection is a total waste of resources. Instead of that
Research cost of: 700 840 820
And the cost per unit: 60 30 40
I prefer using the resources to help rush for stables instead. And the very same goes for scouts too.

Why build a wall during your protection? The cost of the level one wall may only be: 50 100 20
But believe me when I say these resources could be put to better use other than "point whoring". Even if it only means getting an extra mine upgrade a few minutes earlier. Do not waste one resource!

Okay for the average player saving 1 - 2 players in your 13x13 is a good thing to do.
However, it's best to save up a train and noble further out, say into your 20x20 or just outside of this. Don't worry about nobling 11 hours away. So long as you built four nobles. By the time you have your four nobles your entire 15x15 wants to be cleared, if the cost isn't too much.

DeletedUser

You will not need to make 125 spears. 100 is more than enough.
I see you take it in alternate turns when upgrading HQ/Rax/stables.
I see no point in this. Upping the HQ first makes the other buildings quicker.
The only advantage your way gives is being able to build the smithy/Rax before the next upgrade of the HQ.

I've always found getting axe during protection is a total waste of resources. Instead of that
Research cost of: 700 840 820
And the cost per unit: 60 30 40
I prefer using the resources to help rush for stables instead. And the very same goes for scouts too.

Why build a wall during your protection? The cost of the level one wall may only be: 50 100 20
But believe me when I say these resources could be put to better use other than "point whoring". Even if it only means getting an extra mine upgrade a few minutes earlier. Do not waste one resource!

Okay for the average player saving 1 - 2 players in your 13x13 is a good thing to do.
However, it's best to save up a train and noble further out, say into your 20x20 or just outside of this. Don't worry about nobling 11 hours away. So long as you built four nobles. By the time you have your four nobles your entire 15x15 wants to be cleared, if the cost isn't too much.

Hmm I can understand the not building an early wall although the few resouces you spend making one is well worth the extra defence bonus and if someone attacks you with just spears it will benefit you more by killing spears without having any troops in defence. Would of got critism either way adding it or not adding it into the guide, I suppose it really depends on your individual playing style...

Not building axes in BP? then you wont have enough offense to be able to clear out people with like 1 pali and 10 spears early enough after BP is over to turn them into easy farms before they get swords and even more defence...you will be losing even more resources having to wait to attack and lose more troops later on doing so that way.

Other thing I said 125 spears as an example since I did say 2-5 barbs making 25 spears per barb you have in your 7 by 7...Thus being between 50-125 spears...you could also split your troops into 5 farming groups easier this way (when you have made your 50 axes) without losing any troops by sending in groups such as 25 sp and 10 axes x5 making 5 farming groups...this would be better than sending out larger groups that contain to many troops and could of taken in a bigger haul in total by sending to more villages in smaller groups...

Either way thank you for the help though. I am now able to explain some areas of the guide which I guess could be critisied for or may confuse certain players who are not used to playing in this way...

DeletedUser

Hmm I can understand the not building an early wall although the few resouces you spend making one is well worth the extra defence bonus and if someone attacks you with just spears it will benefit you more by killing spears without having any troops in defence. Would of got critism either way adding it or not adding it into the guide, I suppose it really depends on your individual playing style...

Who is going to attack you during protection? Hence it's wastes resources. That can be used to make something worth while building a few minutes earlier. Eventually build a wall, yes. But not during protection.

Other thing I said 125 spears as an example since I did say 2-5 barbs making 25 spears per barb you have in your 7 by 7...Those being between 50-125 spears...you could also split your troops into 5 farming groups easier this way (when you have made your 50 axes) without losing any troops by sending in groups such as 25 sp and 10 axes x5 making 5 farming groups...this would be better than sending out larger groups that contain to many troops and could of taken in a bigger haul...

50 spears is not enough. 125 spears is too much and will be counted as wasted resources.
"Most" worlds that open now run: Statue/Paladin. Growing greys and Bonus villages.
When you have these three clearing players early isn't needed. If you use your Spears eficiently
you won't need to clear those 100 - 126 point players early.

You get the bonu's. You get those who have restarted. You get those 26 - 46 point players who can't have troops. Not even a Paladin. That's more than enough to farm. And it won't cost you a single troop. So researching axe. And building them is wasted resoruces that can help to push for Light Cavalry.

All you need is no more than 100 spears. For every 20 spears build 5 swords. Now you can send 20 spears and 5 swords out to farm. Sure the swords make it slower but only by 3 minutes per field. Swords have more than one use too. Not only can they be used to farm and reduce spear loss.. But you can defend and you can spike with them.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
50 spears is not enough. 125 spears is too much and will be counted as wasted resources.

50 is not enough in a good area, can be enough though if the unit speed is very high, or if you have very few barb villages near you.

DeletedUser904

25 spears for each barb in your 7x7 is way too much, you only need 80 spears to farm 5 barbs a day and make them run dry. Those spears are wasted resources.

Also researching axes before LC is a waste, you get swords from building the smithy to level so you can use swords to accompany your spears during farming raids. If you wanna be ranked high get LC as fast as possible its as simple as that.

DeletedUser

50 is not enough in a good area, can be enough though if the unit speed is very high, or if you have very few barb villages near you.

50 is never good in my opinion. Even in a bad area. With only two greys you can get 80 spears so long as you are active. 50 spears also has the downside of even less spears if you're spiked. I'd never had less than 80 spears. It's as simple as that. But each to their own. ;)

Nauzhror

Reaction score
50 is never good in my opinion. Even in a bad area. With only two greys you can get 80 spears so long as you are active. 50 spears also has the downside of even less spears if you're spiked. I'd never had less than 80 spears. It's as simple as that. But each to their own. ;)

Eh, with only two barbs and a high unit speed 50 spears can easily keep both barbs dry 24/7 assuming you send them out to farm as soon as they return. Generally speaking though I'd probably make at least 70 (two groups of 35) unless it was a paladin world simply to not have spears dying each trip.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

25 spears for each barb in your 7x7 is way too much, you only need 80 spears to farm 5 barbs a day and make them run dry. Those spears are wasted resources.

Also researching axes before LC is a waste, you get swords from building the smithy to level so you can use swords to accompany your spears during farming raids. If you wanna be ranked high get LC as fast as possible its as simple as that.

Yes I understand that fact. The 25 spears per barb part seems to be raising many questions of concern. Let me explain this area more thoroughly; The amount of starting spears each player makes can generally depend on there individual playing style. In my case I use this as a way of working out how fast I will be able to pull in early resources whilst in BP, It also is a rough estimate of how many spears you would generally be able to produce before it would be time to move on to researching axes (usually in day 3 or 4 if you are not planning on going for LC like the day after that)...I am more of a clear out your area person than a farm the weak and let other people farm them too type of player. I like to slow down my opposition right at the start of the world as it is easy at that stage and makes up for any loses later on having being able to farm more or less my entire 15 by 15 without any interference. I can them build troops up even faster to make up for any loses I may of sustained by clearing peoples spears out straight after BP and choosing to do it earlier then most other players may choose to do...Well thats just my playing style. I guess all playing styles have there advantages and after playing longer than 3 years on here you can easily work out which one suits you best around your activity level and skill aswell what you might find a more enjoyable experience...

DeletedUser

Eh, with only two barbs and a high unit speed 50 spears can easily keep both barbs dry 24/7 assuming you send them out to farm as soon as they return.

Code:
Warehouse level 1 holds 1000 of each resouce.
Hiding place level 1 hides 150 of each resouce.

You roughly get around 15 villages in your 7x7.
Two of them are grey (We're assuming).

The possibility of of one or two of them are farming. This always happens. And you can't stop this due to not being able to attack players yet.
So those resources will dry up quicker than you expect.

Unless you people are stating you don't farm outside your 7x7?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Code:
Warehouse level 1 holds 1000 of each resouce.
Hiding place level 1 hides 150 of each resouce.

You roughly get around 15 villages in your 7x7.
Two of them are grey (We're assuming).

The possibility of of one or two of them are farming. This always happens. And you can't stop this due to not being able to attack players yet.
So those resources will dry up quicker than you expect.

Unless you people are stating you don't farm outside your 7x7?

The resources drying up quickly is exactly why I only make 50-70 spears if I only have 2 barbs.

Let's say average barb is 2.5 tiles away, that comes out to 90 minutes round trip. Barbs with 1/1/1 res make 162 res (combined of all 3 types) in 90 minutes. This means that once empties the first time, that on a paladin world you can keep a barb dry with only 1 paladin and 3 spears constantly moving back from that villages and your village. Since 33 spears is the magic number at which 0 spears finally die at 0% luck I usually send at least this many to a village at a time when farming unless they are accompanied with a paladin so that I don't spend my profits replacing spears that died. 33 spears can haul 825 res, which ends up meaning that 35 spears if sent in a rotating fashion can keep 5 barbs in your 7x7 dry. Two groups this size is usually plenty unless you have an amazing area. On paladin worlds I can see making 50 spears as plausible because you'd have one group of 35 spears, and another of 15 spears and a paladin.

As to last comment, yes I typically do farm outside my 7x7 during BP, though there have been cases where I haven't needed to in the past(ie. 8 barbs in 7x7 on W38).

DeletedUser1874

How do you arrive at that conclusion? That's a rather bold and situational statement :icon_confused:

spear costs 50timber+30clay+10iron = 90 resources and gives you a potential 25 haul per attack. So you get ~0.278 haul per resource spent.

lcav costs 125timber+100clay+250iron=475 resources and give you a potential 80 haul per attack. Giving you ~0.168 haul per resource spent.

Yes lcav move 1.8 times as fast but if you're not online enough to attack 0.278/0.168= 1.655 times as often with your lcav as you do with your spears, then you are making a bad investment.

Unless you use a bot (which will get you banned), devote your life to the game, or get a team of people to play your account, you aren't going to pass that 1.655 marker until you're farming things fairly far away. If the typical player logs in 3 times a day in equal increments, they have to farm things that take more than 1.655* 8 hours round trip with spears before they reach that point. On speed 1, that's about 22 fields out from your village, which means they need to harness all res production from free villages within an inscribed circle of a 45x45, before light cavalry become a more economical choice than spear fighters.

If you can send attacks once every 2 hours, then yes, I suppose lcav could be a better investment than continuing spear production past ~80 or so. But for most players, it would be a waste of resources to stop making spears and invest in light cavalry. By the time they harness villages far enough out to make the transition, they should have enough income to pay for both spears and cavalry.

afterthought: I guess if your area is full of super active farmers and you can't get decent hauls, then lcav would be a better investment than spears. But after starting some 40 or so different servers, I haven't once had trouble achieving full hauls with infantry.

PS. last time I played (en34.tribalwars.net), I joined the day it opened, hit top 20 at ~600 points, and stayed top 10 the rest of my time playing; only 3 logins a day.

PPS. no, I wasn't pointwhoring :|

DeletedUser

You and Nauzhror are forgetting: This guide is Light Cavalry rush start up. Hence you are active. Otherwise why else rush for Light Cavalry?

Only having 50 spears means you will probably take on loss's. Which you will keep having to spend resources on to rebuild your loss every time.

50 spears. Sending them out 25 to each grey = Loss.
Sending them out 35 to a grey and the Paladin + 15 spears is Okay. However. You're giving more of a chance for some random in your area to help you take those resources. Hence loss for you. Not to mention if you was spiked. A Paladin in defense can kill around 30 spears... That's a bigger loss. ;)

50 spears attacking a spiked grey (Paladin):

50 spears die with 0 Luck and night bonus on.
22 spears die night bonus off. 0 luck.

DeletedUser1874

You and Nauzhror are forgetting: This guide is Light Cavalry rush start up. Hence you are active. Otherwise why else rush for Light Cavalry?

wha...? Sorry, but I didn't see L@UI$ mention anything about rushing light cavalry. Maybe I just missed something and i"m being a total noob :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

wha...? Sorry, but I didn't see L@UI$ mention anything about rushing light cavalry. Maybe I just missed something and i"m being a total noob :icon_cry:

Well that is true. I didn't say anything about LC rushing. My guide was more of a LC after BP and clearence strat...:icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Low mines. Stables during protection. If this isn't a Light Cavalry rush, Louis go back to the drawing board.

DeletedUser

You children and your arguing about which book to follow word for word... Sickens me....

Best option overall is to wing it, and build whatever you feel works best. Startup guides like this one are totally pointless.

DeletedUser

You children and your arguing about which book to follow word for word... Sickens me....

Best option overall is to wing it, and build whatever you feel works best. Startup guides like this one are totally pointless.

Well surely adult members of the community like yourself have much more things to worry about than trying to flame a thread which has no interest to them what so ever?..

Only thing I see which is pointless is your fail attempt to flame my thread..

DeletedUser

Well surely adult members of the community like yourself have much more things to worry about than trying to flame a thread which has no interest to them what so ever?..

Only thing I see which is pointless is your fail attempt to flame my thread..

Why would I have more thing to worry about, I'm just sitting on my computer doing nothing productive...

And you're wrong, what's pointless is putting out a half decent list for people to copy and make their villages by. It's very stupid to copy things by the book, since every situation is different.