Labour vs Conservatives

DeletedUser1189

The election cant be far off. Bottler Brown has put it off and put it off. Heck, no one even voted for him, we just got stuck with another useless labour cronie.

Personally I vote conservative, and I have done since I could put a tick on a voting card, which was in the early days going against the majority of voters in the north east region I live. Maggie closed all the pit mines you see and upset a lot of people up here.

Theres one thing I know as well, Labours track record is that they destroy our country. Each time they have got there dirty grubby mits on power they have destroyed our country. They have no idea how to manage a populace and last time we ended up with a Winter of Discontent. This time, our economy is ruins, its unsafe to walk the streets at night, its politically uncorrect to tie your shoe laces in a certain manner and your persecuted for being english, heck, were not even allowed to celebrate st georges day incase it upsets people. The controlling nanny state looks to be crumbling finally and there iron grip on a subjugated and battered populace is coming to an end.

How will you vote?

DeletedUser282

Labour ideals > Conservative ideals.
Conservative brains > Labour Brains

DeletedUser

Labour are the worst mainstream party around in politics. I'd rather have some sort of revolution though ;)

DeletedUser

What have the tories actually done?

They have not been in power for quite a while, you can't judge the past. I think they did a pretty good job on rescuing the economy and saving the Falkland Islands

DeletedUser

If you can't judge the past, what can you judge? Surely it's a prelude to what could happen in the future, No?

Margaret Thatcher was one of the worst things to happen to this country. How can you be assured that won't happen again?

Oh, and @The Falklands, why the hell were we even there in the first place? 255 british, and 655 Argentine soldiers lost their lives for what? Sheep? |:

She did some clever (If not harsh) things with housing, which led to many people owning homes, but still, she stopped giving milk to children at Primary school. I mean, wow.

There is a reason Tories will never be voted in, In Scotland, so... if a Tory government comes around, they will most likely go for independence, which will not end too well for eithers economy.

What have Labour done? National minumum wage + Substantial increases to the NHS? And the War in Iraq was muchly needed.

@Zard, don't troll. :\

DeletedUser1189

Give some reasons on why margaret thatcher was one of the worse things to happen to this country. Saying that shows how ignorant you really are to what she achieved in her time as PM. Oh big deal, she stopped giving milk. She didnt actually stop giving milk, she just made people pay for it if they could afford it.

Lol, the NHS, the NHS is crippled by needless beauracy and spiralling debt. It under preforms in almost all levels and about the only thing it is good at is cooking the books to make it look like they are hitting ridicilous labour set targets. The war in Iraq wasnt needed either. As has been proved by a lack of anything criminal in it barring the want to remove saddam hussein, so exactly why do you think it was needed. I admit I do support the war in iraq as its clear we just went in for the oil, and if we have to go about warring some people to secure future oil reserves them im good with that. But why do you say it was muchly needed.

You havent thought through anything that you've posted really. What have labour done? They've overseen the greatest economic collapse of our economy since records began and put every single man woman and child into a tax debt which will last for tens of years as we struggle to pay it off. I bet you dont even pay tax, once you start doing so, you might appreciate the gravity of how messed up labour have made our country.

DeletedUser

If you can't judge the past, what can you judge? Surely it's a prelude to what could happen in the future, No?

Margaret Thatcher was one of the worst things to happen to this country. How can you be assured that won't happen again?

Oh, and @The Falklands, why the hell were we even there in the first place? 255 british, and 655 Argentine soldiers lost their lives for what? Sheep? |:

She did some clever (If not harsh) things with housing, which led to many people owning homes, but still, she stopped giving milk to children at Primary school. I mean, wow.

There is a reason Tories will never be voted in, In Scotland, so... if a Tory government comes around, they will most likely go for independence, which will not end too well for eithers economy.

What have Labour done? National minumum wage + Substantial increases to the NHS? And the War in Iraq was muchly needed.

@Zard, don't troll. :\

Margaret Thatcher was the best thing to happen to the country since sliced bread, nobody messes with her I tell you! Like all leaders she did some minor things wrong but on the whole she managed the countries well.

It was not about sheep. It was about protecting a part of the UK that was invaded by Argentine troops, it was about protecting citizens that did not want to live under Argentine rule. It was about showing the world that such actions won't be tolerated.

The war in Iraq was not needed, what has it achieved, huge costs both financially and socially (nobody likes to see soldiers coming back in coffins). The original premise for the invasion was that Iraq was holding WMD's, this was not the case, they then quickly changed tune and said it was to promote democracy in the area and topple a dictator.

Now I must say that the old regime of Saddam was brutal and quite bad however the invasion was not planned well and after war planning was hardly talked about. This led to ex-Iraqi army arms falling into the hands of several extremist groups. These weapons have then been used to kill coalition troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Saddam's reign was tough but he kept the country from falling apart now that he's gone more civilians have been killed in the same time zone then have been killed in his regime, the infrastructure that was quite adequate for the time has been completely destroyed by the war and has seen slow repairing.

Also lol @ the NHS

The NHS has seen an increase in funding but it has not seen an increase in efficiency, why is that? That's because constant targeting by the labour government is putting pressure on individual hospitals that combined with the increase in paper work has caused hospitals to care more about finances and not being sued then actually caring about the standard of healthcare in hospitals. The NHS needs to be cut back and be made more efficient, all the dead weight needs to go, paper work needs to be decreased and doctors need better training on how to cope with the long hours that come with the job.

This is the massive failure of the labour party.

DeletedUser

Give some reasons on why margaret thatcher was one of the worse things to happen to this country. Saying that shows how ignorant you really are to what she achieved in her time as PM. Oh big deal, she stopped giving milk. She didnt actually stop giving milk, she just made people pay for it if they could afford it.
And at that time, due to poor tory management of the economy, very few people could afford it. A basic thing for the poor, took away? Awesome.

So, pray tell, what did she achieve in her time as PM?

Leave the country in a mess which labour had to pull it out of? Housing, Education, and Trade unions don't matter at all apprently. The Workforce, the backbone of society didn't matter at all to her. She was quite happy to let Miners strike, why? Because she didn't care about their needs. And, eventually, it hit her in the ass. How else can you explain the dreadful opinion polls about her, and her party? Labour winning by a landslide was an inevitability.

Lol, the NHS, the NHS is crippled by needless beauracy and spiralling debt. It under preforms in almost all levels and about the only thing it is good at is cooking the books to make it look like they are hitting ridicilous labour set targets. The war in Iraq wasnt needed either. As has been proved by a lack of anything criminal in it barring the want to remove saddam hussein, so exactly why do you think it was needed. I admit I do support the war in iraq as its clear we just went in for the oil, and if we have to go about warring some people to secure future oil reserves them im good with that. But why do you say it was muchly needed.
Needless bureaucracy? Who introduced the General Management system for the NHS? Thatcher.
The war in Iraq was needed. Simple as. Unless you want a nation to be crippled even more by a tyrranous leader, then it was needed. And I can almost guarentee that it was backed by many, many Tory members when it was put to vote. The country was a threat, Saddam Hussein; a Threat, that needed to be taken out for "his own" country's good. Look at the improvements in Iraq currently, and you'll possibly see my point.

You havent thought through anything that you've posted really. What have labour done? They've overseen the greatest economic collapse of our economy since records began and put every single man woman and child into a tax debt which will last for tens of years as we struggle to pay it off. I bet you dont even pay tax, once you start doing so, you might appreciate the gravity of how messed up labour have made our country.

Do you want to critisize every major world party for the Economic downturn? By all means, go ahead, act like a fool if you do so. If you're trying to pin the blame of the economic downturn entirely on Labour, then I pity you. Was there anything that could've been done to stop it from happening? Nope. So, quite simply, it is pointless using it as an argument. Do you honestly believe the Tories would've done any better given the circumstances? Bear in mind that during the early 1980's recession, Thatcher lowered Income Tax (Yes, let's give rich people a break) and raised indirect taxes, effectively criplling the nations workforce, and leading to very high levels of unemployement.

No, I do not pay taxes, I'm too young. My Father does, as does my siblings, so, I am affected by it as well. Although, (And my Dad does share most of the budgetting he does with me) we're doing quite alright for ourselves.

Margaret Thatcher was the best thing to happen to the country since sliced bread, nobody messes with her I tell you! Like all leaders she did some minor things wrong but on the whole she managed the countries well.
She was not. Simple as. Most of the country hated her, and many places in the UK still do. She did some things which, appeared to be right (depending on your stance in life) But aside from that, she left a mountain of failure that Labour had to clear up for the sake of the country.

It was not about sheep. It was about protecting a part of the UK that was invaded by Argentine troops, it was about protecting citizens that did not want to live under Argentine rule. It was about showing the world that such actions won't be tolerated.

So..... it was about a petty hold over an island that really had no right being under UK rule. Check a map recently? And note the sheer distance? Besides, was it really worth warring, when the UN had said it could be (, and should've been) sorted diplomatically?

The war in Iraq was not needed, what has it achieved, huge costs both financially and socially (nobody likes to see soldiers coming back in coffins). The original premise for the invasion was that Iraq was holding WMD's, this was not the case, they then quickly changed tune and said it was to promote democracy in the area and topple a dictator.
And.... is that not a good enough reason in itself? Saddam wasn't hung for nothing, the things he did to that country are almost beyond repair (Mentally and Socially for the countless women raped and widowed).

Now I must say that the old regime of Saddam was brutal and quite bad however the invasion was not planned well and after war planning was hardly talked about. This led to ex-Iraqi army arms falling into the hands of several extremist groups. These weapons have then been used to kill coalition troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Saddam's reign was tough but he kept the country from falling apart now that he's gone more civilians have been killed in the same time zone then have been killed in his regime, the infrastructure that was quite adequate for the time has been completely destroyed by the war and has seen slow repairing.
The infrastructure in Iraq was dreadful, truly was, it was sad, just plain sad that humans had to live under such conditions. The place is now on it's long, but successful journey to recovery. Sure, it wasn't planned the best way, and things happened that shouldn't have happened due to incompetencies on both sides (US/UK), but the fact is, it was needed. Without it, who knows what would've happened. It would've got a lot worse, I can almost assure that.

Also lol @ the NHS

The NHS has seen an increase in funding but it has not seen an increase in efficiency, why is that? That's because constant targeting by the labour government is putting pressure on individual hospitals that combined with the increase in paper work has caused hospitals to care more about finances and not being sued then actually caring about the standard of healthcare in hospitals. The NHS needs to be cut back and be made more efficient, all the dead weight needs to go, paper work needs to be decreased and doctors need better training on how to cope with the long hours that come with the job.

This is the massive failure of the labour party.
So, nothing down to rises in illnesses, poor management of the NHS, etc.
Cutting the NHS budget would be ridiculous, and the death rate would increase as well as the birth rate decreasing. Now isn't that nice? Though I agree the world is over populating, the NHS has enough struggle on it's hands without budget cuts, and If the Tories ever get in and do such, I think that would be their last term.

Also, love how neither of you responded to my comment about Scotland. Lots of things in England hinge on Scotland, and vice versa. Scottish gas/oil and Iron is needed in England, and without it, an Energy crisis might be on the cards, which would further strain the economy as it slowly tries to recover. If you think the two countries could live without each other, You should think again.

With regards to northern ireland, due to the Labour set-up Power sharing, the place is a peaceland now, however, if the Tories were to get in, it would probably unify Ireland, and again, cripple England that little bit more.

If the Tories were to get in, a structural change would occur and hit England hard. They rely on other countries under the banner of the United Kingdom, and the Tories would gladly watch that be thrown away, as they don't care enough about peoples rights there.

It's quite clear that if it were up to the Tories, a "Rich Britain" would be formed. They neglect the needs of the working, everyday man that makes up the UK.

DeletedUser

And at that time, due to poor tory management of the economy, very few people could afford it. A basic thing for the poor, took away? Awesome.

So, pray tell, what did she achieve in her time as PM?

Leave the country in a mess which labour had to pull it out of? Housing, Education, and Trade unions don't matter at all apprently. The Workforce, the backbone of society didn't matter at all to her. She was quite happy to let Miners strike, why? Because she didn't care about their needs. And, eventually, it hit her in the ass. How else can you explain the dreadful opinion polls about her, and her party? Labour winning by a landslide was an inevitability.

Needless bureaucracy? Who introduced the General Management system for the NHS? Thatcher.
The war in Iraq was needed. Simple as. Unless you want a nation to be crippled even more by a tyrranous leader, then it was needed. And I can almost guarentee that it was backed by many, many Tory members when it was put to vote. The country was a threat, Saddam Hussein; a Threat, that needed to be taken out for "his own" country's good. Look at the improvements in Iraq currently, and you'll possibly see my point.

Do you want to critisize every major world party for the Economic downturn? By all means, go ahead, act like a fool if you do so. If you're trying to pin the blame of the economic downturn entirely on Labour, then I pity you. Was there anything that could've been done to stop it from happening? Nope. So, quite simply, it is pointless using it as an argument. Do you honestly believe the Tories would've done any better given the circumstances? Bear in mind that during the early 1980's recession, Thatcher lowered Income Tax (Yes, let's give rich people a break) and raised indirect taxes, effectively criplling the nations workforce, and leading to very high levels of unemployement.

No, I do not pay taxes, I'm too young. My Father does, as does my siblings, so, I am affected by it as well. Although, (And my Dad does share most of the budgetting he does with me) we're doing quite alright for ourselves.

She was not. Simple as. Most of the country hated her, and many places in the UK still do. She did some things which, appeared to be right (depending on your stance in life) But aside from that, she left a mountain of failure that Labour had to clear up for the sake of the country.

So..... it was about a petty hold over an island that really had no right being under UK rule. Check a map recently? And note the sheer distance? Besides, was it really worth warring, when the UN had said it could be (, and should've been) sorted diplomatically?

And.... is that not a good enough reason in itself? Saddam wasn't hung for nothing, the things he did to that country are almost beyond repair (Mentally and Socially for the countless women raped and widowed).

The infrastructure in Iraq was dreadful, truly was, it was sad, just plain sad that humans had to live under such conditions. The place is now on it's long, but successful journey to recovery. Sure, it wasn't planned the best way, and things happened that shouldn't have happened due to incompetencies on both sides (US/UK), but the fact is, it was needed. Without it, who knows what would've happened. It would've got a lot worse, I can almost assure that.

So, nothing down to rises in illnesses, poor management of the NHS, etc.
Cutting the NHS budget would be ridiculous, and the death rate would increase as well as the birth rate decreasing. Now isn't that nice? Though I agree the world is over populating, the NHS has enough struggle on it's hands without budget cuts, and If the Tories ever get in and do such, I think that would be their last term.

Also, love how neither of you responded to my comment about Scotland. Lots of things in England hinge on Scotland, and vice versa. Scottish gas/oil and Iron is needed in England, and without it, an Energy crisis might be on the cards, which would further strain the economy as it slowly tries to recover. If you think the two countries could live without each other, You should think again.

With regards to northern ireland, due to the Labour set-up Power sharing, the place is a peaceland now, however, if the Tories were to get in, it would probably unify Ireland, and again, cripple England that little bit more.

If the Tories were to get in, a structural change would occur and hit England hard. They rely on other countries under the banner of the United Kingdom, and the Tories would gladly watch that be thrown away, as they don't care enough about peoples rights there.

It's quite clear that if it were up to the Tories, a "Rich Britain" would be formed. They neglect the needs of the working, everyday man that makes up the UK.

Distance does not matter in the case of the Falkland Islands. It's people do not want to be part of Argentina, they see themselves as an independent country living under the protection and guidance of English rule. That and most of the people living the island can track their family back to the UK.

Again, i'm not saying what Saddam did was right. All i'm saying is that proper planning should of been used, if the labour party actually had shown some back bone and stood up to the United States then the invasion would of been stalled, UN approval could of been granted and a true coaltion force established setting up plans for the aftermath and collapse of the Iraqi government.

Wrong. Iraq actually had pretty good infrastructure leading up to the Gulf war compared to the infrastructure it has atm. I mean don't forget that Iraq used to be one of the United States biggest allies against Iran. American companies poured billions into Iraq, to improve the countries oil production, it's agriculture etc and some of those profits went into updating the infrastructure of the country, they managed to get vital infrastructure up to a pretty good level untill the first Gulf war. Progress was limited after this tbh but after the total destruction of the Iraqi infrastructure in the recent war i've seen the footage, people without access to clean water and power. It's terrible.

Cuts are needed in spending to reduce the budget deficit and the huge lending that has gone on. The UK cannot carry on with the boom and bust method it's had with Labour the past 13 years. The NHS can cope with less funding. It just needs to cut back on non-essential services and increase the efficiency on how it spends money, the NHS spends way too much on paying for drugs. Better Standards. More efficient. Less Redtape makes for a better less costly NHS. Scotland is part of the UK also who owns those gas/oil sites? British gas or BP?

Please stop it with the ridiculous claims :lol:

Source for your apparent 'rich britain'

DeletedUser

UKIP > Conservatives > Liberal Democrats > Labour.

Don't troll?
then again, yours is more important than mine.
And YGP, I wouldn't except that I don't know about the UK. Everyone knows about the US, but no one knows about the UK.

DeletedUser

Don't troll?
then again, yours is more important than mine.
And YGP, I wouldn't except that I don't know about the UK. Everyone knows about the US, but no one knows about the UK.

No.

If you don't know about the UK then you don't listen to European news.

DeletedUser

After the recent debates in liking Labour. They are giving us jobs, money in the long run and nuclear defence to destroy someone before they get near us.

DeletedUser

After the recent debates in liking Labour. They are giving us jobs, money in the long run and nuclear defence to destroy someone before they get near us.

A cold war nuclear weapon system that will not be needed?