Legal age for consentment

DeletedUser

lol... A retard is someone that claims a) then support his claim with something that relates to B)....

Matt?.. you decide

Matt claims: It would take millions to pass a law
Matt then supports this claim with: List of legal battles costing 10s millions...

Now, I'd never call anyone a retard...

But surely someone that isn't a complete idiot understands that a court rules based on the laws that exist. The cost of creating a law, is no where near a million... A study in America found the cost to be less then $1,000, obviously the process in the Britain is different but as the founding fathers based the American government and legal system on the English system any sane person can understand why it would not cost 100,000 x more in the uk...

That one thing I bolded made me lol. I'm glad you've decided to do some tiny research in something you know nothing about, but let me assure you that the legal system in the UK is FAR different to the legal system in America. Christ, all you need to do is watch Judge Judy to figure that out /FACEPALM.

Ok, I will once again explain... Never mind CBA. I'll quote myself, it's quite clear that you only see what you want to see so I'll just have to show you again.

1) There are 3 types of law in Britain.
The first and most common are Bye-laws. These are laws such as Dog litter fines, created by local councils and businesses. Cheap to create.

The second are statutory laws. Example: The Road Traffic Act - These are laws created in Government.

The third is Case Law (common law). Judges make these laws. Considering the media attention and controversy surrounding the sex thing the likely way to create the law here is getting it to the supreme court. Which would take many years.
Considering that you're an idiot, I'll have to point out that such a law will have to be passed through either parliament or Court. I'm guessing you'd understand why it would take millions if not tens of millions for it to be passed through court? Oh ofcourse not, you're a fool.
Many many years = Many many fees.

Although it's possible for ministers to amend laws - Which technically would be happening, nobody other than mancunia would think that situation is even plausible. The law would be discussed (In considerable length) in the Commons. They will then vote on it, the law will then go to the House of Lords. Then they vote on it. Finally the law will need the Queens signature. This would not cost less than a million.

2. Erm... My scenario did not include anyone underage (Lrn2Read) It included the inevitable mess with the "bands" proposed.

Why don't you:
Do your research
Read what you're replying to.
Make sense. "Why don't you check the HUGE truth"? WTH does that even mean. You mean whole truth? idk.
Let me briefly elaborate on Case Law:
A High Court Judge could create law (But it would be unlikely due to the controversy over the age consent thing). In any-case in no way did I insinuate laws (In general) cost millions.

If Matt, in your unclear what you meant to say was that the total cost of a change to the law can be in the millions then yes, it can...
I take it English isn't your first language, because that made no sense.

So lets not have any laws as they cost too much money...

Now that would be a retarded thing to say...
What? :icon_confused:

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I take back my earlier statement.... you can still surprise me with your ability to pretend what you previously posted meant something else...

I apologies if I CBA to google search as much as you.... though some of us have education...

why you are google searching see if you can research the difference between, Bills, Laws, Regulation and precedent....

Though I do like the "you first language can't be English because I don't understand"...

My 19 month old son understands every word I say to him... I let you decide if that makes English not my 1st language or my son more intelligent then you...

I see my link to the password recoverer is still confusing you... or just another lie?...

DeletedUser

I take back my earlier statement.... you can still surprise me with your ability to pretend what you previously posted meant something else...
I'm quite sure all I did was quote myself. My my you are delusional.

I apologies if I CBA to google search as much as you.... though some of us have education...
Oh dear. No I'm afraid I study law, and most of what I've put is from my own memory. It's k though, clearly you have an education and I don't :icon_rolleyes:

why you are google searching see if you can research the difference between, Bills, Laws, Regulation and precedent....
Do you perhaps mean;
"While you are google searching"?
Well, I'm not really google searching anything. If by all means you require a lesson, I charge £7 an hour :)

Though I do like the "you first language can't be English because I don't understand"...

My 19 month old son understands every word I say to him... I let you decide if that makes English not my 1st language or my son more intelligent then you...

I see my link to the password recoverer is still confusing you... or just another lie?...
Ahh... Well I'm glad your 19month old son understands how to speak stupid. I'm afraid I, on the other hand, have no idea how to speak nor a desire to learn how to.

Last post on the matter - Well to you anyway. You lack the knowledge to debate and the brain capacity to argue. It's boring now.

DeletedUser4753

Britain has the youngest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe. Good idea though, lets cut the consenting age down to 14 so that more ki... Mature adults have the legal ability to make babies. I mean it's good right? More council houses for everyone! :icon_biggrin:

Lets also spend millions on rewriting the law, you know, cos we're not in a financial mess atm. Oh, and lets look farward to the whole:

"Yh mate but I just turned 18 and she was, like 14 going on 15? I think... And yh' she was definitely consenting"

legal cases that lawyers will look farward to. I mean that is assuming, that you do the whole bands thing (14 - 16 and 15 - 17)

I mean I get the whole teenage boy thing (I needn't go into much detail). Perhaps y'all, if possible, should start thinking with your heads about the HUGE repercussions if this were ever to become law.

P.S. Babies cost more than what you earn of your paper run kid.

as previously stated ppl do what they gunna do,so everyone under yhe age of 16 is near untouchable with regards to sex with similar age peers, anyone recal the last time 2 15 year olds were prosecuted fa making sweet love.
the only point the law has is ppl avove said threshold delving below
this as always been a problem as sumone can break the law with thier partner just for being 1 week older. this means bands as proposed arnt a good idea
a better format wud be 16 all kids below 18 have a threshold, ie may sleep with anyone 1yr older or younger then after 18 one can sleep with any age above them.

weather 18 ks a good age in this model is up fa debate ofc, alot of studies show introduction to sex alot earlier has positive effects on underage pregancy, some suggesting sex ed in primary school to do very well. so wud reducing sex age create extra tean pregancy? possibly not.
on the other hand anyone who is arguing ppl at 16 are even slightly mentaly mature are kidding emselves
kids being able to make family planning decions is crazy.

the current system sorta works just ppl in general need to stop being imbociles n stop having nippers when they are kids emselves, as fa sex almost all my peers were at it pre 16, a couple lingered till 16 itself, law or not parents teachers politions wont keep horny ppl away from each other, just needs to firm up on hanging paedo's n not waste time of trying to argue 13 yr olds have any sense of responsibjlity

DeletedUser13448

I think that after sixteen you should be allowed to decide for yourself,
Not saying this only cause I am sixteen but if a fourteen year old gets pregnant that could cause a good few problems including on her/his education
Who will pay for the kid?

DeletedUser13448

I agree with Matt, it would cost a lot, obviously u have to look at the other aspects too but they seem quite one sided too to me, and even though non money related views are important too England has to consider the extra costs,

The dude who said he could support his kid at fourteen was probably a twelve year old who started receiving pocket money