Lower Winning Conditions?

DeletedUser

Totally not copied from the UK9 topic :icon_redface:

Anyway, perhaps the admins should lower the winning conditions on this world?
Is it 50m for a tribe to hold to win? Let's see..

23.835 TOTAL VILLAGES
8.461 PLAYER VILLAGES

15.373 BARBARIAN VILLAGES
1.669 BONUS VILLAGES

12154 or something? Average total points per village (what people tend to build to) is actually around 9800.

23.835 x 9800 = 233.583.000 - but hey! That's a hell of a lot of barb munching (perhaps we should get L-S and Nation on the issue now?:icon_wink:)
8.461 x 9800 = 82.917.800 - all player villages maxed out, but heck, not even all of the top 20 upgrades their villages and not even counting the people who will restart or delete :|

Top 20 tribes total villages = 546+577+457+472+349+319+257+263+190+215+167+192+150+116+65+98+118+90+106+90 = 4.687 x 9800 = 45.932.600... So not even all of the top 20 maxing their villages out would accomplish this?

However - total points of the top 20 is actually totalling to (currently):

So basically if one tribe WERE to hold the 50mil then they would be dominating the world and may aswell completely dominate the world (which would probably be quicker than waiting the 3 months) considering that the second lowest tribe would have very small points and have no chance on beating them...

Where's the fun in that?

DeletedUser

Hmmmmmm......I can see where you are coming from.

So....basically......a tribe needs to dominate the world totally.....then sit there for three months, doing nothing, until they win.

I agree.....a bit boring.

DeletedUser

Well it's not really that - I was expecting the 50mil hold for three months to be a fun task because their would be other tribes all hitting them over those 3 months making it fun for that tribe. But since that tribe will be way to big for much damage to be done, where's the point in the 3 month hold?

Perhaps they just anticipated this world to be much larger than it is? :s

DeletedUser

50 million points for a tribe aint much at all ...its only 50 people in a tribe so its only 1 million points each which people will get very quick ..I think its gonna be fun around this time next year

DeletedUser

Leave it as is^ As Robbierotten(Lazytown nick?) has said 50 mill is not a lot of points for a tribe to have.

It also means the mergehuggers can't just sook up all the tribes nearby and HAVE THE POWER!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Have to agree with will, the 50 million mark seemed reasonable but given the worlds actual size it does seem quite pointless, would be nice to hear what Tracey thinks...

DeletedUser

50 million points for a tribe aint much at all ...its only 50 people in a tribe so its only 1 million points each which people will get very quick ..I think its gonna be fun around this time next year

No it isn't, but now if you read most of the topic you would see that it clearly is as it would require a massive dominance on the world (or a hell of a lot of barb munching) which in total wouldn't be that fun to hold the points for 3 months because you would be so much bigger than everyone else you wouldn't actually have to do much.

Leave it as is^ As Robbierotten(Lazytown nick?) has said 50 mill is not a lot of points for a tribe to have.

It also means the mergehuggers can't just sook up all the tribes nearby and HAVE THE POWER!!

No, it is not a lot of points for a tribe to have. On MOST worlds, on the LARGER worlds. On small world's like this? It is.

DeletedUser

I'm just guessing here, but i think the powers that be here at TW-UK may think the same tbh.
I notice they have lowered the winning conditions by 10mil for W9 and can only think it is because they know it will take world dominance to win at 50 mill, which defeats the purpose of the winning conditions.

In your guys opinions then IXXXI/Luca what would be a good figure to have as the winning conditions and how long would you expect the leading tribes to take to get to that mark?

DeletedUser745

50/40mil is quite reasonable if you look at UK6 and prior worlds... all have atleast one tribe at that target and I think they've been there for 3 months. But I do wish there was a lower limit... like 10-15mil because a large majority of players have quit by then and most of the rest gone inactive. It'd have been a fun scenario at 10mil because there'd have been more than just one or two tribes close to that mark. Result: more tribes fighting and more stupid coalitions and more gangbanging = more activity.... or maybe i'm wrong.

DeletedUser6938

perhaps in future we will see worlds with a finite time limit rather than point related winning conditions say 6 or 12 months from the start date

with regard to lowering the winning conditions for this world i personally would see that as a mistake but the tw team 50mill is achievable its just going to take a lot longer than we all first thought.

DeletedUser

A possible target could be to dominate 4 K's by % excluding those on the rim ? Maybe!