Luck in reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

What is the purpose and function of the Luck element present in reports of attacks?

Regards

Rudolph Hucker

DeletedUser

Luck increases or decreased the efficiency of your troops.

For example if you get -25% luck your troops would fight with only 3/4-th of their strength.

For purpose I suppose it's just to add a bit of a random element to the battle so you wouldn't always know the outcome.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the explanation.

So, it's as I thought, just a distraction and waste of time.

DeletedUser

It's adding an uncontrolled element to the game, instead of making it predictable and boring, it's the same with loyalty loss in a sense. Luck and loyalty can and will be a help and a hinderence at times

Nauzhror

Reaction score
So, it's as I thought, just a distraction and waste of time.

Heh. I'd hardly call it a distraction or a waste of time. What I would classify it as though is realism. If anything your post makes you seem incredibly arrogant as if to say that any part of the game which you don't have full control over is simply a distraction.

DeletedUser

Arrogant? Me? You don't have the beginning of an understanding, peasant!

DeletedUser

For someone with so few points, you sure are rude. Comments like that will get you flattened!

DeletedUser

Don't you find all that Satan business a bit tedious?

Oh and by the way, why don't you learn the simple rules about apostrophe usage?

In your childish little logo, you express possession: the circus belonging to Satan, therefore an apostrophe is required thus: Satan's Circus.

It's a small point I know, but there is a large section of the population that finds incorrect apostrophe usage makes the writer look a bit of a tit.

Pleased to be of help.

Rudolph Hucker

DeletedUser

In your childish little logo, you express possession: the circus belonging to Satan, therefore an apostrophe is required thus: Satan's Circus.

It's a small point I know, but there is a large section of the population that finds incorrect apostrophe usage makes the writer look a bit of a tit.

Pleased to be of help.

Rudolph Hucker

You do know that... firstly, the game doesn't allow you to have apostrophe's in names/villages, hence he could not have put an apostrophe there, and secondly flaming grammar/posting off-topic (Which, is what this is) is against the rules? o:

I would also like to point out that, you have yet to make a valid or constructive post here, whereas you'd much prefer arguing with players, players who have far greater stance and skill than you.

I would advice to you, shutting up and learning the game far greater than you already do, before making such worthless and drab posts.

*Sigh*

So much baseless vitriol . . .

Kilroy

This man here, he speaks the truth.

DeletedUser

Pleased to be of help.

Rudolph Hucker

Lol i think i'm the only one who appreciates your comments and finds them amusing.

Alas i am not actually Satan :icon_cry: and so i can't comment on whether or not being said deity would be tedious.

I appreciate your grammar lesson but my name is Satanscircus and so the use of an owning apostrophe is not needed. Yes there is undoubtedly a large section that would call a writer using incorrect apostrophe a tit but i would hazard a bet that a larger section of the population would forego this in preference of talking to someone that they actually liked as opposed to a trolling, attention whore. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Continuing what YGP said,
you don't get it do you?
Most of the players in this thread have posted something informative, you have yet to.
All of the players in this thread are better than you.
Nauzhror is widely known as being the second most arrogant forum poster, behind jamm (and nowadays, it is really all nauzhror), so we all laughed when you posted that.

now, for a more interesting part of this post:
You played travian, yes?
They don't have luck, yes?
You can, if you scout your opponent, know with 100% certainty the exact outcome of the battle. That makes tribalwars too easy. So, they placed luck into it. Now, for a good player, luck will normally have little to no effect, as it changes teh results by a max of 25%, not very much to a player with a large offense or defense.

DeletedUser

I am guilty as charged - I have not posted anything informative to date.

I take it from your tone, that that is an offence in your eyes.

I posted a question (in a thread headed questions), I received an informative response and I thanked the poster for it.

Snotty people like you and others on this board seem to have forgotten that this is a game, for fun, not serious, for pleasure etc.

To you and others like you I say lighten up, get a life and allow yourself to smile occasionally through that rather intense frown you all seem to be wearing.

Meanwhile, here is my first informative post:

The speed of sound (at sea level) is 2,064,384 furlongs per fortnight.

There, does that make it better?

Regards to all

Rudolph Hucker

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Nauzhror is widely known as being the second most arrogant forum poster, behind jamm (and nowadays, it is really all nauzhror), so we all laughed when you posted that.

Oh no no. Metal Duck is far far more arrogant than I am. He repeatedly claims to be the best player ever, whereas I will never make that claim, despite being much better than him.

Pervis and mattcurr are roughly as arrogant as I am as well (but unlike MetalDuck they have at least in my eyes earned the right to be arrogant).

DeletedUser

Oh no no. Metal Duck is far far more arrogant than I am. He repeatedly claims to be the best player ever, whereas I will never make that claim, despite being much better than him.

Pervis and mattcurr are roughly as arrogant as I am as well (but unlike MetalDuck they have at least in my eyes earned the right to be arrogant).

Pervis and mattcurr are roughly as arrogant as I am as well (but unlike MetalDuck they have at least in my eyes earned the right to be arrogant)

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.