Make W12 interesting again

• Thread starter DeletedUser7547
  • Start date

DeletedUser7547

I think it is safe to say that world 12 is dead.

LoL and SWTEA between them hold nearly the whole world, and the remaining tribes are fractured, unable and too small to band against them and form an effective defence/offence.

LoL and SWTEA seem to take the world for granted now, and have openly admitted that they are trying to convince TW staff to end the world so that they do not have to fight each other.

Why? Not only is that against the rules and terms of the world, its against the spirit of the game - the two tribes should take onboard the best of the remaining tribes/players and fight each other for dominion of the world - not only would it make for one huge fantastic fight, the outcome would not be predictable and both sides would be forced to actually play the game properly.

I dont know if I would be invited by either tribe, but even if not I would still root for this, rather than a breaching of terms and ending the world just because two tribes are having such a love in.

Tribal Wars not Tribal Pals....

Come on LoL and SWTEA, for the sake of the game, stop getting jiggy and start fighting!

DeletedUser

Why? FAF had what, 3 tribes? They still lost - they had plenty of opportunity to win. Would FAF turn on each other? I doubt it, their heavy roots from UK8 'DWF' supports this view.

I find it ironic how you are telling what the game is and how it should be played, when they have played it so much better than you.

DeletedUser7547

Why? FAF had what, 3 tribes? They still lost - they had plenty of opportunity to win. Would FAF turn on each other? I doubt it, their heavy roots from UK8 'DWF' supports this view.

I find it ironic how you are telling what the game is and how it should be played, when they have played it so much better than you.

Cant say I understand why you are comparing me to FAF - the were gone long before i joined the world - I joined the world very late, and started slap bang against one of LoLs large players, got to 3 vills V his 90 odd and was simply beaten by size not by skill.

Any other reason you are comparing that I dont know?

BTW dont take it personally - through people seem unable on this game to take anything anyway but personal, its just a suggestion, everyone including LoL and SWTEA are complaining how dull the world is, its purely a way to make it interesting again.

When we start getting hit by long range attacks as soon as we get to 2 vills plus, I think we have done well to last this long - through that may be due to your players lack of enthusium more than anything - I currently have 8 attacks inbound, none closer than 40 hours even through there are plenty of players closer, and none timed any closer than 4 hours apart - if I wished I could dodge and snipe attacks like those till the cows come home - and you attack on the forum based on "skill"???

You are winning simply because your players are so large their ineptness doesnt matter - constant attacks will drain resources rebuilding walls and players energy eventually however determined they are - it cannot be any more fun for your players then it is for us

Edit. No comment based on earlier in the world when your players got so large - I wasnt there but I presume they were keener and played with some sort of enthusium back then

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7547

And for the record: I am not telling anyone how to play - the clue is in the forum header - written by TW staff - UK 12 Win Condition - 100% Dominance after 1 year

Not UK 12 Win Condition - 100% Dominance with another tribe after 1 year

DeletedUser

Pushty pretty much hit the nail on the head. The world was divided 50/50 at one point and the north had a lot more "big names" than we did. Through teamwork, we have beaten down the north and I feel we deserve the win. As allies, LoL and SWTEA have been invaluable to each other. It's OUR RIGHT to decide how the world plays out between us, a right we have earned by defeating any other tribes.

Sure, LoL could fight SWTEA, but that would mean one tribe would be deprived of the win that both tribes deserve. Also, many players are looking forward to a break from TW. Once more, I'll point out that we've earned the right to dictate the end of the world.

An awful lot of talking is coming from people who are in no position to talk. Enough of the sour grapes already.

DeletedUser9793

Cant say I understand why you are comparing me to FAF - the were gone long before i joined the world - I joined the world very late, and started slap bang against one of LoLs large players, got to 3 vills V his 90 odd and was simply beaten by size not by skill.

Any other reason you are comparing that I dont know?

BTW dont take it personally - through people seem unable on this game to take anything anyway but personal, its just a suggestion, everyone including LoL and SWTEA are complaining how dull the world is, its purely a way to make it interesting again.

When we start getting hit by long range attacks as soon as we get to 2 vills plus, I think we have done well to last this long - through that may be due to your players lack of enthusium more than anything - I currently have 8 attacks inbound, none closer than 40 hours even through there are plenty of players closer, and none timed any closer than 4 hours apart - if I wished I could dodge and snipe attacks like those till the cows come home - and you attack on the forum based on "skill"???

You are winning simply because your players are so large their ineptness doesnt matter - constant attacks will drain resources rebuilding walls and players energy eventually however determined they are - it cannot be any more fun for your players then it is for us

Edit. No comment based on earlier in the world when your players got so large - I wasnt there but I presume they were keener and played with some sort of enthusium back then

where are you on the world, and i have no probs sending you some trains for you to snipe :p

you say we are winning simply because our accounts are so large that ineptness doesnt matter, Derrrrrrr, how did they get so large ? most likely by skilful play both tribally and individually :)

if you wanna make the game interesting then you try something new for this world , like sending us a proper attack with axes and rams not just crappy words on the externals.

DeletedUser9793

ah bugger, your villas already claimed in our noble planner. Better send your attacks you only got a few days life left before you are rimmed :)

DeletedUser6603

We came, we saw, we conquered. Simple as that.

I don't have the energy or the will to justify why were doing what were doing, and its already been said pretty well already. In simple terms, this world has already run its course, the major battles already fought and won by ourselves or SWTEA. You have joined far too late.

We just want it done with now. We've done the weekly ops (opping three times in one week at one point), we've sent the attacks at 3am, we've done nothing but farm to get ourselves that little advantage, and we've worked damn hard, both as individuals, and as an alliance.

Time for new challenges, or in my case, retirement from playing TW :)

DeletedUser7547

Pushty pretty much hit the nail on the head. The world was divided 50/50 at one point and the north had a lot more "big names" than we did. Through teamwork, we have beaten down the north and I feel we deserve the win. As allies, LoL and SWTEA have been invaluable to each other. It's OUR RIGHT to decide how the world plays out between us, a right we have earned by defeating any other tribes.

Sure, LoL could fight SWTEA, but that would mean one tribe would be deprived of the win that both tribes deserve. Also, many players are looking forward to a break from TW. Once more, I'll point out that we've earned the right to dictate the end of the world.

An awful lot of talking is coming from people who are in no position to talk. Enough of the sour grapes already.

Wish I had been around back then - sounds far more interesting.

Please stop referring to sour grapes - I made an effort not to make it sound like that - it isnt. I havent been on the world since its beginning, absolutely no reason to be sour about anything - I just want the world to be more interesting as its killing my enjoyment of the game.

Regarding your comments "one tribes right to win the world" I dont really get that - no one has the right, sure between your tribes probably the most successful partnership I have seen personally, but one tribe would only have the right to win it by killing the other tribe off - you dont get to dictate the game by being the biggest tribes - the people making the game get that right by making the game.

DeletedUser7547

where are you on the world, and i have no probs sending you some trains for you to snipe :p

you say we are winning simply because our accounts are so large that ineptness doesnt matter, Derrrrrrr, how did they get so large ? most likely by skilful play both tribally and individually :)

if you wanna make the game interesting then you try something new for this world , like sending us a proper attack with axes and rams not just crappy words on the externals.

Been doing my best believe me :) Unfortuantely I joined far too late in the game - when opponents have 90+ vills, its like a gnat trying to squish a giant lol

I probably worded it badly - I did mention your tribes must be good to have got so far, what I mean is the game style has got really lazy, 3 4 hour spaced attacks on each vill from 58 hours away, is you have to admit far from impressive bearing in mind the size of the players involved.

Not trying to fight the game on the externals, I hardly post here, it was an honest plea not to win the game by changing the rules - which I notice you are all still adament on - either way it wont make a difference to me again - either way I will be crushed..I just think the spirit of the game and the rules are there for enjoyment, and if you disagree take a look at how poorly your colleagues are attacking at the moment - that is proof that they are only half arsed playing rather then enjoying and revelling in the game

DeletedUser7547

You have joined far too late.

Absolutely right, and nothing I write here will change that fact - fully aware and accept it.

I just dont see the point of changing the rules and quitting when you have come so far.

What about the precedent as well - they change the rules for this world, what authority do they have to say no to other dominant tribes on other worlds?

Makes a mockery of the game imo, as two or so large tribes simply merge and form an unbreakable alliance knowing that when they get large enough the rules will be changed to suit them.

Its nothing personal, and I apologise if it started sounding like that, or a rant or sour grapes etc, I am rubbish at expressing my opinion online - I personally just cannot understand why people would go so far then just stop.

Guess thats my problem, not yours tho ;)

DeletedUser7547

ah bugger, your villas already claimed in our noble planner. Better send your attacks you only got a few days life left before you are rimmed :)

Could help them hurry up tho :

Command (8) DestinationPlayerarrival timeArrival time in
AttackSbN 001 (607|441) K46sheepdip tomorrow at 23:14:59:14728:23:48
AttackSbN 002 (607|442) K46y2bing on 03.12. at 07:44:00:80236:52:49
AttackSbN 001 (607|441) K46y2bing on 03.12. at 08:00:15:67137:09:04
AttackSbN 003 (607|440) K46y2bing on 03.12. at 08:35:49:83737:44:38
AttackSbN 003 (607|440) K46y2bing on 03.12. at 09:00:01:14538:08:50
AttackSbN 002 (607|442) K46y2bing on 03.12. at 11:33:52:10140:42:41
AttackSbN 001 (607|441) K46y2bing on 03.12. at 11:48:13:81940:57:02
AttackSbN 002 (607|442) K46sheepdip on 03.12. at 19:59:57:05749:08:46
The tedium of waiting so long is killing me lol

DeletedUser6603

I'm not sure what you are getting at with the rule change thing southbynorth, the win condition hasn't changed. It is still 100% tribal domination after 1 year, so as far as I am aware no rules have been changed?

You are right though - it isn't much fun at the moment. We've been going through the motions for a few months now. There was a time when it was fun, exciting, and we had an uncertain future, but hard work, skill, and dedication put paid to that. Our reward for our hard work is choosing how the world ends between us.

The other thing you might not know, is that us in LoL (aka KnK), have nothing left to prove. Its highly unlikely the KnK name will ever be seen (officially) again on the UK servers. We were the first to win a world on the UK servers, and we will be the first to win two. I really really hate to sound big headed and egotistical, but id say we have a damn good claim to being perhaps the best tribe the UK servers have seen to date. There are certainly others I would put in that category though - W1N for example, which is why I only say we have a claim before I get shouted down!

We started on this world with the intention of winning it, and we have achieved our goal. On a personal level it is a pleasure to be able to share the win with SWTEA - they are a great bunch and really do deserve to have the title of world winners. We are of course a little disappointed it wasn't a bigger challenge, but we can only beat what was put in front of us.

So, if you want to point the finger at anyone for failing to keep W12 as an exciting world - point the finger at the various leaders of FaF/Umm/Addicts/Rehab/Dogs for not sticking it out and making a fight of it ;-)

DeletedUser9793

Been doing my best believe me :) Unfortuantely I joined far too late in the game - when opponents have 90+ vills, its like a gnat trying to squish a giant lol

I probably worded it badly - I did mention your tribes must be good to have got so far, what I mean is the game style has got really lazy, 3 4 hour spaced attacks on each vill from 58 hours away, is you have to admit far from impressive bearing in mind the size of the players involved.

Not trying to fight the game on the externals, I hardly post here, it was an honest plea not to win the game by changing the rules - which I notice you are all still adament on - either way it wont make a difference to me again - either way I will be crushed..I just think the spirit of the game and the rules are there for enjoyment, and if you disagree take a look at how poorly your colleagues are attacking at the moment - that is proof that they are only half arsed playing rather then enjoying and revelling in the game

you are right on a few things and the game at this stage has got a bit mundane.
Its not LoL seeking at every stage to manipulate the rules. If TW says fight to the end of the year term, so we will and wont grumble.
And also its great that you posted something on the externals which tbh are dying a death . If i replied a bit forcefully its probably i was so excited to be awakened from my slumber .

The 3-4 hr spacing between attacks, yeah i suppose it could be tightened up a bit but as you have commented , it wears down the opposition and is a legitimate tactic. But if you did snipe one of our trains, then no doubt a few electric currents would spark off in the LoL forum .

Regards

DeletedUser9793

The other thing you might not know, is that us in LoL (aka KnK), have nothing left to prove. Its highly unlikely the KnK name will ever be seen (officially) again on the UK servers. We were the first to win a world on the UK servers, and we will be the first to win two. I really really hate to sound big headed and egotistical, but id say we have a damn good claim to being perhaps the best tribe the UK servers have seen to date. There are certainly others I would put in that category though - W1N for example, which is why I only say we have a claim before I get shouted down!

If I may, I would like to shout this point up.

Have played a few worlds and played with a few and faught a lot more. IMAO KnK probably are the best outfit on the UK server. Thats not to underrate W1N and all achieved on w1 but damn, in terms of efficiency and consistency to wrap up 2 worlds in near enough record times with essentially the same crew and same leadership clearly sets a benchmark for other tribes. Also, having been for a piss up with the tribe in Northampton the other month, what a genuinely great bunch of peeps where you can see the TW tribe ethic extends to RL.

A plea to Pablo and Rob- DONT RETIRE ! Take on the freaks at Net and be the best tribe on the planet :)

DeletedUser7547

Its not LoL seeking at every stage to manipulate the rules. If TW says fight to the end of the year term, so we will and wont grumble.
And also its great that you posted something on the externals which tbh are dying a death . If i replied a bit forcefully its probably i was so excited to be awakened from my slumber .

Regards

Thank you for clarifying, thats a better stance than I thought was the case. And dont worry - from the looks of it, my awe inspiring lack of online communication skills set the ball rolling there :lol:

If I may, I would like to shout this point up.

Have played a few worlds and played with a few and faught a lot more. IMAO KnK probably are the best outfit on the UK server. Thats not to underrate W1N and all achieved on w1 but damn, in terms of efficiency and consistency to wrap up 2 worlds in near enough record times with essentially the same crew and same leadership clearly sets a benchmark for other tribes. Also, having been for a piss up with the tribe in Northampton the other month, what a genuinely great bunch of peeps where you can see the TW tribe ethic extends to RL.

A plea to Pablo and Rob- DONT RETIRE ! Take on the freaks at Net and be the best tribe on the planet :)

Cant comment on most worlds as havent played many, but you sure have a strong arguement ;) Great to hear of people meeting and having fun in rl too - done that on a couple of car forums I am a member on, amazing how different people can be in rl!

I'll echo the plea as well, just started W14 nice & early (so no excuses this time lol) and while I dislike intensly the huge amount of money suckage options, I'd love to have a challenge like you guys on a more level playing field :)

DeletedUser

That moment when you realise that you will never experience a Pogue tribe first-hand. ;(

DeletedUser6603

Pushty you wouldn't have had the staying power to fight alongside us - we always play the long game ;-)