Marketing Logistics

DeletedUser

I'd be really grateful for any feedback on the following.
I have read in several threads that having high level markets is a waste.
I beg to differ.

I have now several villages clustered around my first village. I am farming extensively using the myriads of LC generated so far, and this provides more than enough resources to keep everything ticking over nicely.

I have discovered that using merchants to carry resources to newly nobled villages so that there are enough resources for them to grow rapidly is the best way for me to boom. Using the lumber mill, clay pit and stone mine is not as efficient. They cost in villagers and do not produce quickly enough the resources that I need. Besides what's the use of having these resources for villages that have already boomed. It's the newly acquired ones that need resources quickly and not the maxed out ones.

I have already demolished the higher levels for these buildings in villages that have reached capacity population to make way for upgraded markets. After L-11 the market::merchant ratio becomes non linear and so a great deal of resources can be distributed quickly to the newly growing villages.

When an offensive village has maxed then the resources made available by the LC can be sent off to the newly nobled villages. Without a market there is no way to utilise these resources, unless the village is used for generating nobles, and so a huge wastage begins. A L-20 market requires 886 villagers and provides 235 merchants. That's a 235,000 carrying load potential. On the other hand Level -30 stone, timber and clay buildings require 949, 326, and 447 villagers respectively requiring a total of 1722 villagers. and produce 2400 units/hour. That's 7200units/hours in total a mere fraction of what comes from farming resources. Moreover a village affording L-30 resource building is or about to hit maximum villager capacity unless troop building has been an afterthought which in turn is an unforgivable mistake..

Logistically speaking, markets can distribute the huge farming potential of the maxed villagers. Without markets these resources are just wasted. A network of markets is the most effective way to maximise efficient usage of those valuable and hard worked for resources

Clearly the above applies more for the middle game and beyond than for the opening but personally I farm with LC ASAP in preference to constructing resource buildings. Troop generation is a priority from the word "go". Also this strategy is only practicable if a player decides to be active but anyone who has several villages must be so, a priori, unless they're an automated bot or using one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2765

Good tips I like it. There is one key thing though, not many players farm in the middle game. So if you're farming, yes, it is good, but if you're not then it doesn't make sense to degrade your resource buildings.

I personally, always have level 20 markets in all of my villages. Because I can move resources around my villages to rebuild nukes/whatever.

DeletedUser

Very good, I use my markets exactly the same way for exactly the same reason. However i only ever keep mine at lvl 15 as even though the loads are smaller, I tend to use a more spread out strategy allowing for both support of smaller villas from multiple villas as well as a constant coin production in all my completed villas.

DeletedUser

Markets are godsends for your first few villages. The 35 merchants you get from a level 15 market is great for getting the village into a farm-worthy stage so you can get that early boost. Since "Troop generation is a priority from the word "go"" you can't rely on resource pits or low markets can you?

DeletedUser

Later on in the game though when you are in a sea of blue and everyones fighting for farms and recouces are in need It's really handy having mines at level 30.

DeletedUser

It is later on and I've cleaned every village in my space apart from fellow tribe members and potential farms that I'm allowing to ripen.

The quote is a classical Chinese charm to ward off "bad things", and so let's not go around in circular dialectical discourse. LOL

DeletedUser

But it's nowhere neer later in the game :p Later in the game is when tribes have 50mil+ And actually own Ks. This is still early game.

DeletedUser

OK Well let's see what happens :) . I still can't see why I can't continue farming from now until then. I'd rather use the village for troops and farm then build high level resource buildings. Time is always the best judge I guess.

DeletedUser

Because you can't farm without starting a world war late in the game :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser

Because you can't farm without starting a world war late in the game

I'm talking about farming the grid that my first village occupied. Not random sporadic farming wherever the whim takes me dude. I have cleared all others from the 5*3 sector bordering my first village. The only reds that are left are untouchable due their size being an order of 20 less than mine Only barbs and bonus villages are left together with my fellow tribe members which I don't farm as they're my buddies. Unless bonus and barbarian villages can unite in protestation at my farming I fail to see the problem of a world war. :)

DeletedUser

He is talking about when u reach 100 villages, then u find it almost mpossible to farm effectively

DeletedUser

Yeah, when people start to get 100+ villages each, there's not many villages left to farm. Unless you're in a gray-dominant area. Which I guess w1 is.

DeletedUser3370

Good tip

There tends to be a mixture of good and not so good tips on the forum but this was well thought out. I like it.

DeletedUser1508

Some good and some bad in this post.

Definitely at early game, when you are farming extensively with your main village it is ideal to have a large market in it in order to pump resources to your new villages. On w2 I had 10 hour queues in all buildings shortly after conquering a new village due to being able to quickly transfer resources with my market. It is very handy, at least until your new village gets enough troops to farm for itself.

However, I find what you said about demolishing mines to make room for market levels very stupid. If you plan your village well, you should be able to have both. Besides, without mines you are going to have less resources to send anyway.

At any stage of the game, resources are important, even if you have a full farm and maxed village build. There are always packets/coins that need building. Resources in a village without a market should never be totally wasted (well, perhaps some iron will be).

Also, the amount of resources produced by a mine is dependent on the world speed. Therefore they can sometimes be producing 4.8k resources per hour.

Btw, it is a level 25 market that has 225 merchants.

But really, you are right. The market is an often underused building. It can be very effective, including when you are dodging incoming attacks.

DeletedUser

This is a good idea early on in the game but useless in late game.

If i did this on my account on .net it would take me ages to farm enough villages to get that amount of resources as i make about 15mil resources an hour from lvl 30 mines.

When you get in wars aswell you don't have the time or troops sitting in your villages to farm enough. I have found trying to move enough troops around to defend and rebiulding walls can take several hours.

DeletedUser

I`ll tell you even better than that , try farming with 96 villages , a wife a kid , 2 pets and working 6 days a week , i farmed right up till about 80 villages then it became intolerable. I would sit down and start farming , make it to villages begining letter H and then my spare 2 hours had gone . It also becomes very tedious at this level . Now if i were into scripts then that would be different , but cant use them and dont inend to.

DeletedUser

You should probably get into Bookmark farming.

Can fully farm from 96 vills in around 30 minutes, i'd say. :?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Good tips I like it. There is one key thing though, not many players farm in the middle game. So if you're farming, yes, it is good, but if you're not then it doesn't make sense to degrade your resource buildings.

I personally, always have level 20 markets in all of my villages. Because I can move resources around my villages to rebuild nukes/whatever.

You said you always had level 21 markets elsewhere ;)

For the record I agree with Red more or less.

I have 30/30/30 mines and 20 market in maxed villages. I would never dream of having mines under 30, that's just throwing packages away.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You said you always had level 21 markets elsewhere ;)

For the record I agree with Red more or less.

I have 30/30/30 mines and 20 market in maxed villages. I would never dream of having mines under 30, that's just throwing packages away.

Yes, I agree. Mines should always be maxed. Or your groewth rate could drop/ slwo down as there will be less packets. Also, I like the 20 amrket anymore then that i feel unsteady.

@ Nauz mail me