Mentoring System

DeletedUser920

So the new mentoring system - do people think it's a good idea ?

In the early days a restart (old worlds) on the rim gave a fairly gentle start with time to grow and there was a lot of help on the outside forums, which is how I and presumably many others learnt the ropes, apart from just by hard knocks. I in turn then passed on what I knew to tribe mates and tribal forums were full of how-to guides and tutorials.

There are more options now and many players have played before. The external forums are almost unused (on .co.uk anyway) so I do wonder if the learning curve might not be too much for newer players. I wasn't impressed when I looked at the syatem and was offered a mentor about a quarter of my size, but when I checked again it was asking me to be a mentor which made more sense. Now, I like to think I've always tried to help tribe members or just random other people on the basis that without them there'd be no-one to play against. Just statting that someone can be a mentor without any vetting, or that they can actually explain themselves, effectively as an ambassador for the game/community, is this a good idea ? Do we know they won't take advantage or just drop them after the first couple of messages (actually most people are good like that) but would I want someone from another tribe knowing when I'm online ?

I don't know - I just thought I'd ask what others think. (I haven't done it [yet].)

DeletedUser5582

Good post. There is a thread about the mentor system which you can find on this link http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?24675-Changelog-8-33-Feedback-Thread

Again I think some sort of vetting should be in place to avoid the obvious areas for folks to abuse others that this, otherwise excellent update, gives us.

That said quite a few in my tribe are taking their new found professor roles quite seriously so would they get a chance if all vetted?

Is some mentoring better than none at all even if you get bad advice if it encourages you to progress in the game? Surely TW could throw together a guide to go with the Quest system to help folk?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 70854

I cant comment because ive yet to get it on any of my accounts on any of my worlds on any of my servers ;( #badluck

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I think it's potentially the greatest addition to the game in years.

Or at least it has the potential to be if tweaked.

It's in fact why I just joined uk22.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The idea is good, but it doesn't always work. I got a rude and arrogant mentor.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
The idea is good, but it doesn't always work. I got a rude and arrogant mentor.

You can ditch a mentor. And depending on what you mean by rude and arrogant, that might be all that bad. (Note, not seen your discussion with them, so only speaking hypothetically.