MODS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8742

That's the very problem I’m talking about, perception; the perception that mods can take advantage of their status. I don’t think mods cheat or derive any advantage from being mods which I’ve said from the start. All I’m saying is that a little more should be done to combat this perception. If this wasn’t a problem this thread would most likely not have been created.

Just to be clear I do not think mods cheat nor have any advantage or even could do if they wished. I think they do a great job.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4

Just to be clear I do not think mods cheat nor have any advantage or even could do if they wished. I think they do a great job.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[tt]Then drop it! I can assure you that I check all mods actions/accounts on a regular basis to ensure that they are not abusing their position and they are all well aware that one false move would render them out of the team with immediate effect[/tt]

DeletedUser3312

[th](Quote just an example from many).

There's a very simple solution: As mods couldn't be rewarded with premium points anymore (which would be useless for them), they should be paid by InnoGames. Fair enough. I hope, you don't mind to pay 15 EUR and more for 200 premium points in the future...[/th]

LOLWUT
K, thx for ignoring my post, that was appreciated. Perhaps read what I said? No.

DeletedUser8742

[tt]Then drop it! I can assure you that I check all mods actions/accounts on a regular basis to ensure that they are not abusing their position and they are all well aware that one false move would render them out of the team with immediate effect[/tt]

Wow really? Have I broken a rule?

I have repeatedly said from the beginning that I do not think that mods cheat but don’t worry I won’t be posting again. Obviously I haven’t been making my point clear because not once has it been addressed. Instead conclusions drawn, assumption made and suggested solutions nitpicked circumventing the problem outlined.

TIL: Don’t join the public forums and try to contribute constructively. Your point, no matter how valid, will only be treated as such if of the status-quo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5915

Obviously I haven’t been making my point clear because not once has it been addressed. Instead conclusions drawn, assumption made and suggested solutions nitpicked circumventing the problem.

Pointing out major flaws that are fatal to the whole idea is a little more advanced than "nitpicking".

DeletedUser6695

Wow really? Have I broken a rule?

I have repeatedly said from the beginning that I do not think that mods cheat but don’t worry I won’t be posting again. Obviously I haven’t been making my point clear because not once has it been addressed. Instead conclusions drawn, assumption made and suggested solutions nitpicked circumventing the problem outlined.

TIL: Don’t join the public forums and try to contribute constructively. Your point, no matter how valid, will only be treated as such if of the status-quo.

If posting idiotic arguments was against the rules you'd prob be perma banned :lol:

DeletedUser

[th]Since you've begged for publicly torn apart for your ideas and arguments:[/th]
I'm going to "geg" in here, and I agree with the thread creater. Mods, shouldn't play worlds. Not because of any of the reasons hoggy listed, but for these instead:

1)
"Mods shouldn't play worlds, because they're abusing their rights as mods to gain additional barbs".
I am not going to argue that mods seem to spawn next to bonuses nearly every round; because that can't be proven, but it is possible for a mod to use mod status to persuade players to restart or quit.

For example, if you were a new player playing this game and you were private messaged by a moderator in-game, explaining that he's a mod on TW and that he's very good and ruthless and will not let you grow. How will that affect your stereotype of this game? I personally wouldn't want to be playing with a mod right next to me, of whom I'm thinking has special rights and will not let me grow.
[th]Before I care to answer this in particular, please let me know, where I should draw the line for normal players then. I just want to know, whom to ban for "Hey! Look here [link to TW-stats with 1,298,236 villages in world 2,366 in another version or something similar]! That's me! Restart, because I'm soooo much better than you." for abusing his reputation and achievements. What number of points and/or villages would suit you here?[/th]

nauz said:
I'm known for getting spectacular areas on .net as well, restart mails works wonders when you're well known.
We already know that a handful of players even bother posting on the externals, and read what's up... So these, inexperienced players don't even know what's happening to them.

[th]Wow. Nauz' "incredible cheating mod powers from UK" are affecting players in .net, which don't even read the forums? Uhm. You really wanted me to comment on this statement of yours? He just proved that he got similar areas in .net. Without being a mod. And your answer was like... well, what exactly was it supposed to say?[/th]

This tbh doesn't even seem fair. I have no idea what a spike is. I have been farming this barb for 2 days now, that's one day after this moderator sent me his restart mail. Now all of a sudden, I've lost all my troops on a barb? "WTH... This game isn't fair" is what I'm thinking right now.
[th]Indeed. And similar is readable in a lot of reports in the support ticket. Yet only a low amount of them are reporting a moderator's area in particular. It's usually the top 10-20 players, which are reported multiple times for cheating and whatnot, regardless whether they are moderators or not. That won't change a bit with forbidding mods to play.[/th]

Now, I'm not saying that we should ban mods from playing the game. I'm saying that they should play under aliases, and not reference themselves as being a moderator in restart mails. Not all players have the privilege to say this, so already you're at an advantage. Plus any new players will get the wrong impression of this game.
[th]Been there, seen that. Didn't change a single bit. Players still restarted, players still complain via the support ticket system about #1 cheating, because he's outgrowing everyone else. Hiding behind an alias doesn't help at all. Actually the same amount of wrong accusations happen in every world to the #1 player. No matter whether she or he is a staff member or not. So it's yet another pointless suggestion.

There you are, your whole post commented. I READ your arguments before I posted my reply last time. I thought you may have understood the situation meanwhile with all answers since. [/th]

P.S. As an added, off the topic. I also believe that mods shouldn't go around criticizing other players on their skills and personal life. This isn't fair, and shows a lack of discipline in the forum ranking structure. Although mods do not get paid, they should have a responsibility for the role they have in moderating and should understand that they are an ambassador of this game.

Don't say mods don't do this, I've seen it happen and it's happened to me.
[th]Agreed, that's not tolerable. Report such issues (provable) and we'll handle it. Believe it or not, the admins are way less "biased" towards the staff than the community may think.[/th]

DeletedUser4

[tt]Im going to bring this thread to a conclusion with the following

Mods are by Inno rules allowed to play on the server they mod

Mods are not allowed to play on a world they mod

It is the CM's job to ensure that they behave within the rules and not abuse their position

Mods both ingame and on the forum come under far more scrutiny that any other player in this game

Mods get free premium to play this is only for the server on which they mod (ie mod uk get premium on uk ) there is no option to allow the transfer to other servers as they are all separate[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.