[Moved]iPhone Application....

DeletedUser

Apple iPhone Application for tribalwars... is anyone looking into it? will it ever happen?

(yes i know im flogging a dead horse)

DeletedUser

i should of posted this in the questions forum shouldnt i? :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Why do you need/want an iPhone application for TW? Can't you just use the web browser on the phone? (I don't own an iPhone myself, so not sure what functionality it has).

DeletedUser

its just a pain logging in on your phone. and if you press buttons in a quick succession safari crashes and u have to start again.

all i want is a simple little program that lets me farm while im out in the real world, thats all. even a moble version of the site would be a god send....

i know loads of people were begging for it on the .net server but it never happened.

is anyone at tribalwars HQ looking into it, or is it a completely lost cause.

DeletedUser

I remember the big problem that led to players quitting, was the bot protection that was impossible to get past on iphones etc., though I haven't seen the bot protection anymore, so I'm guessing the best option was just to remove it.

DeletedUser

With an official app, it would be much easier to use, and more fun than scrolling around/zooming on a web browser. My safari has never crashed using any website...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

its just a pain logging in on your phone. and if you press buttons in a quick succession safari crashes and u have to start again.

all i want is a simple little program that lets me farm while im out in the real world, thats all. even a moble version of the site would be a god send....

i know loads of people were begging for it on the .net server but it never happened.

is anyone at tribalwars HQ looking into it, or is it a completely lost cause.

It's extremely annoying.

DeletedUser

Damn people...

You spend hrs sat on your comps playing TW, then you want an app so you can play it on the move :lol:

ps. a mobile version would be great

DeletedUser

I doubt there will come a iPhone version but a mobile one would be great.

mobile.tribalwars.co.uk or something.

DeletedUser

yes: m.tribalwars.co.uk would be good. But you can set a link for your homepage on iPhone/Touch by going add to homescreen but that just links to Safari. Good idea but will anyone make one? Because the fact of the matter is it just session expires and that gives hassle. Any offers to make an app?

And suggestion approved by the 'Duke'.

DeletedUser992

I know sum people at Apple (Interns) They could probably whip up a beta version, although it would have to registered as official

DeletedUser

With an official app, it would be much easier to use, and more fun than scrolling around/zooming on a web browser. My safari has never crashed using any website...

yeah an official app would be great please!!!

DeletedUser

Apps can be browser based, but i believe they are programmed in Java. The game could be developed, but the sessions would have to be written and controlled, And approved by tw.

A minimised web site would be cool though, like mobile.tribal...

DeletedUser

the fat cats at tribalwars are never gonna make a mobile site. people have been moaning for one for 3 years (that i know of) if they havnt made one by now there not going to.

im just hoping a third party will sort something out for us. with a app or something

a mobile site would be good but for some reason there not willing to make one.

DeletedUser

I doubt any iPhone app that allowed you to play the normal version of the game on your iPhone would be allowed by the rules about bots and scripts. As far as I can see, any application that simplifies your playing the full-browser version would have to interface automatically with the website, which I think would be illegal, even if it is doing it on your instruction. Your best bet is probably that Innogames will develop a mobile site, but that seems unlikely.

DeletedUser

i was actually hoping that by starting this thread someone 'in the know', like one of the tribalwars staff maybe, could post here and say if there is anything in the pipeline like a mobile site or anything like that....... any one........?

DeletedUser

My father creates iPhone apps, I'm sure he'd be happy to make one for TW. For a small fee, of course. :icon_biggrin:

<3 Holly

DeletedUser

really? how much, i am seriously interested (so long as the price isnt ridiculas)

DeletedUser

He can't sell something like Tw, surely its licensed.

Also, using an app on your phone is nota bot, i have no idea where ur getting that from. You have obviously never used a mobile device, so until you know what we're asking for, please leave your views out of this discussion.

All the app would be doing is interacting with the server the same way the browser does through web pages. If it was built by innogames, it would be legal, but i doubt they have spotted the commercial viability of selling an app on subscription setvice for both iphone and other services. Tw is small time, sure they make a lot of money, but theyve never stepped out of the norm whrn it comes to usability. Well that was until Tw Uk came along i suppose, with script limitations.

But hey, why change anything when it works already.