new units???

DeletedUser

are there any new units coming out soon e.g macemen or crossbow men anything like that its been bugging me for a while just one of those random questions i think:icon_biggrin: thanks all

DeletedUser1508

are there any new units coming out soon e.g macemen or crossbow men anything like that its been bugging me for a while just one of those random questions i think:icon_biggrin: thanks all

Like Cat Like Thief said... I do not think there are any new units in the works.

I think that most people are satisfied with TW as it is now... Any big changes would just raise a ruckus from the community

DeletedUser

I haven't heard anything either although it would be fun!

But I think it could upset the balance of the game!

Mind you,Mounted nobleman would be ausome!:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I haven't heard anything either although it would be fun!

But I think it could upset the balance of the game!

Mind you,Mounted nobleman would be ausome!:icon_razz:

Faster nobles would be nice!
Maybe double the price of nobles if you want a MN??? (mounted noble)

DeletedUser

Crossbowmen sound a bit too much like archers and macemen sound a bit too much like axemen imo. no good suggestions i suppose

DeletedUser857

Thing is tw is a complex enough game stratagy wise already without even more units confusing things!

DeletedUser

Faster nobles would be nice!
Maybe double the price of nobles if you want a MN??? (mounted noble)

How would they do that with coins though? Because of the way coin worlds are set up, this would logistically only really work with packet worlds.

DeletedUser

I've allready suggested Mounted Knights Nobleman on W6.net.. They didn't like it. :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

We could has ninjas? they won't be useful but at least you'll have a cool unit and people would be like oh noes they have ninjas everybody run!

But serious time, I like tw the way it is, tis confusing enough without adding more units ^^

DeletedUser1508

Please no-one suggest the Bandit as a new unit...

It already exists :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Perhaps with an update you could edit the names of your units, for example everyone else would see your axemen as axemen, and lc as lc, but you may see them as marines and space monkeys. They would have the same stats and stuff but just like the graphic pack they would just add to your personal game enjoyment.

DeletedUser14

I would see that as a waste of space on the tw server same as with the paladin it adds nothing except another column on one of their already huge tables in the db

Only thing is, they have almost unlimited space anyway:)

DeletedUser

But isn't the graphics pack run by your own computer not tw? If it was part of a package like that then there'd be no problem..

I don't know much about this so tell me if I'm wrong.

DeletedUser

Perhaps with an update you could edit the names of your units, for example everyone else would see your axemen as axemen, and lc as lc, but you may see them as marines and space monkeys. They would have the same stats and stuff but just like the graphic pack they would just add to your personal game enjoyment.

Hmmm not sure, i havent played around with graphical packages before but maybe ur question would be answered here...

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=11272

Im off out and havent had a chance to read the entire thread yet but if that info is anywhere it'll be there!

Edit: had a quick read through and according to Servy the labels cant be changed, thats a shame!

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost.php?p=3445328&postcount=225

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14

But isn't the graphics pack run by your own computer not tw? If it was part of a package like that then there'd be no problem..

I don't know much about this so tell me if I'm wrong.
I dont know how they actually do it, but they have to have some way of telling if you have a graphical pack installed and to do that they need to store some kind of data somewhere. They most likely just have a boolean value in the players table for the world saying if you use it or not.
The actual graphics pack is stored on your computer or somewhere else on the internet.

This doesnt take up much space at all to do, but if you started naming all your units it would take up a bit and tbh what would it add to the game that inno would be willing to waste space for it?