Newbie player - Flame at will

DeletedUser

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you had any advice for a new player. I've read some guides and subsequentially, the debates that followed and they really led no-where in terms of helping a new player. >.<"

So if you could make it clear for me, I'd much appreciate any advice you have for me.

What I've gathered so far is that I should attack other villages immedietly.

What I'm wondering is:

A) Does it matter how many troops, or what kind of troops I use?

B) If I attack other players, can they attack me?

C) Is it possible to attack those grey villages, since they're abandoned?

Thanks you guys.

Regards,
R.KEEM

DeletedUser

A) Considering your a new player, its best to get 10 Spears minimum to begin with for farming. Only attack the abandoned (grey/barbs) villages with spears though. However, work towards Axe/LC as soon as you possibly can as they are offensive units and therefore won't die as easily as spears will should you hit troops. LC are best for farming.

B) Of course they can attack you back, providing they're an active player.

C) Already stated that these are best for gathering resources.

Feel free to mail me in game, I go by Seductive-Dominatrix.

DeletedUser

You should defo take up Seductive-Dominatrix on her offer.

I thought I would help out a little bit as well. Here is a little tool which all new players should get familiar with http://uk3.tribalwarsmap.co.uk/ this will help you to find inactive targets to farm. "Also worth playing around with this Map tool to see what you can find"

To use Tribal Wars Map, In the top left hand corner, enter your cords, then just below your cords in the top left set the filter Highlight mode: Activity, below I've given you some targets nice and close to your villa that are inactive. Farm these villas, and the little grey barb villas as well, spend the resources on troops :)

315|590
317|589
314|587
313|588

DeletedUser

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you had any advice for a new player. I've read some guides and subsequentially, the debates that followed and they really led no-where in terms of helping a new player. >.<"

So if you could make it clear for me, I'd much appreciate any advice you have for me.

What I've gathered so far is that I should attack other villages immedietly.

What I'm wondering is:

A) Does it matter how many troops, or what kind of troops I use?

B) If I attack other players, can they attack me?

C) Is it possible to attack those grey villages, since they're abandoned?

Thanks you guys.

Regards,
R.KEEM

i llove you listen to first post :D

DeletedUser

Welcome to the amazing world of tribalwars.. Don't get too excited though since everyone will gladly take your hard-earned villages away from you when they can.

A) Well, if I were you (looking at your position, wich is close to me LOL) I would start with a few pit-upgrades (wood/clay/iron) with a focus on wood until 20 spear. Attack from 9 spear (preferably barbs) and keep farming them. From there try to upgrade your pits more evenly and build towards a stable. From there research LC and increase your iron pits to 1-2 levels higher then the other ones. Try to build as much LC as you can while using the rest of your resources to trade on the market and expand your farm.

B) They sure do! So watch out whom you attack and when. It's better to wait until you can clear the fine chap and THEN farm him instead of just attacking them.

C) Begin attacking those asap. Then when you'r around your stable and have around 50 spear, begin farming of the 100p or less.

P.S: If you need any help ingame, pm me..

-Your very friendly LC-rushing (not to mention pointwhoring) -almost neighbor; Rara Avis

DeletedUser4960

Very nice offer of Seductive- and others that followed her example.
I wouldn't mind if you would mail me in game either. So shout if you need any advice or have a question :icon_cool:

-Nox

DeletedUser

Very nice offer of Seductive- and others that followed her example.
I wouldn't mind if you would mail me in game either. So shout if you need any advice or have a question :icon_cool:

-Nox

I haz a question!

Pick me! Pick ME! :icon_biggrin:

How do you noble a village? - I've been sending my spears at villages but i dont get two villages? Why is that? :icon_cry:

DeletedUser4960

I haz a question!

Pick me! Pick ME! :icon_biggrin:

How do you noble a village? - I've been sending my spears at villages but i dont get two villages? Why is that? :icon_cry:

Did your spears went trough special training and received a Noble Badge yet? Did you perhaps forget to pin that Badge on their uniform?
These things can happen, not to worry.

Happy village hunting! :icon_cool:

DeletedUser5429

Also be sure once you reach 500p that you have at least a 2:1 troops to point ratio as you will need to be able to defend yourself for example have 500 Spears, 500 Swords, 50 LC, 50-100 Scouts. This will allow you to protect yourself from players searching for farms and will allow you to grow unhindered by 1k points you should have Lvl 3 spears, lvl 3 swords, lvl 3 scouts and still lvl 1 LC. Once you have your secound village descide whether or not you want it to be a defencive village or offencive. It depends on what your situation is. If you are constantly being attacked or are in a region that has larger players i recommend another defencive village. If you are in a region were there are few active player then i recommend an offencive village. Also feel free to contact me in the game i go by Darthmonk612 and have been playing for nearly 3 years on different worlds and have just started on this server.

DeletedUser

Also be sure once you reach 500p that you have at least a 2:1 troops to point ratio as you will need to be able to defend yourself for example have 500 Spears, 500 Swords, 50 LC, 50-100 Scouts. This will allow you to protect yourself from players searching for farms and will allow you to grow unhindered by 1k points you should have Lvl 3 spears, lvl 3 swords, lvl 3 scouts and still lvl 1 LC. Once you have your secound village descide whether or not you want it to be a defencive village or offencive. It depends on what your situation is. If you are constantly being attacked or are in a region that has larger players i recommend another defencive village. If you are in a region were there are few active player then i recommend an offencive village. Also feel free to contact me in the game i go by Darthmonk612 and have been playing for nearly 3 years on different worlds and have just started on this server.

I personally wouldn't take this advice mate. If you can't be very active and because you're new to the game then yes you should probably go defensive but if you are active or you are in an active tribe and can farm and watch for incoming attacks you are probably better going Offensive. Feel free to PM on here for my reasons, they have been debated on here numerous times but i would JUMP at the chance offered by Seductive if i were you mate.

Whatever you decide goodluck and hope you enjoy it :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser117

Unfortunately seductive quit, so I guess you can mail me and I can forward your questions on to her - or answer them myself.

DeletedUser

I might be tempted to coplay for a bit and help you out if needed

DeletedUser5429

I personally wouldn't take this advice mate. If you can't be very active and because you're new to the game then yes you should probably go defensive but if you are active or you are in an active tribe and can farm and watch for incoming attacks you are probably better going Offensive. Feel free to PM on here for my reasons, they have been debated on here numerous times but i would JUMP at the chance offered by Seductive if i were you mate.

Whatever you decide goodluck and hope you enjoy it :icon_biggrin:

So what do you do if you build your first villagge offencive. One player scouts you and descides they have neough troops to easily take out your "defence" then your work went down the tubes.

DeletedUser

Take them out first? If, like he is, you're starting on the rim then you can easily dominate your area and if you get into a tribe use them to support. I could go on and on but this debate has been done to death by better players than myself buddy

DeletedUser5429

the problem with the rim of this server's worlds is that their are a lot of larger players already established.

DeletedUser2004

I personally nearly always play offence when i start up(if i no i can be active) it makes easier farming and nice oda =]

DeletedUser

My 2 cents on the O/D tactic summarised.

Offensive - The point is to get a large offensive force as quick as possible before people get any real number of D troops. Your main defense early on is the fear factor on your fast growth. However I'd still not neglect making D troops, you can always find a use for them.

Defense - Good way of playing for people who cant be active enough, spears are very good for farming inactives/barbarians. One thing however is not to go too defense heavy and stunt your growth. I personally think it's harder to play effective D then O. Big con I believe is limited clearing capability, however a good thing is not many people will go for such cost heavy target early on.