Not So Much Off Topic

• Thread starter DeletedUser5057
  • Start date

DeletedUser5057

Whilst i was reminiscing of times gone by an having a quick glance over some of the previous worlds and realized that,...and i already know it's been discussed in other threads but this is a new one and something i feel is a bit of a shame considering the all the craic.

what is it ya say? well if you have a quick look at the main forum page and scroll to the bottom you see vast differances in the amount of threads post on each world, it got progressively worse each time do to the point were there is little to nothing now,

I still mind the days the forums were on fire, were players trash talked about other tribes and players, were friends become foes and enemies became allies. I miss those days, what happened? The .net server is still buzzing is it because we have a small amount of players on our server or whats the craic?

#bringbacktheforums :p

Drift Banksy

Reaction score
you have posted 11 times it says, you're not exactly bringing the banter here either...
TW is dying, not alot of people know/care about the externals ether, so we cant do much. (my opinion)

DeletedUser5057

lol true enuf but its been dead for awhile, if ya had a look a w1 when it was goin everyone an anyone was on the externals, how did all those new players and with the little access to all the fancy features we have now, do we not have the same if not better response today.

Truely a shame

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Part of it has to do with the usage of Skype and Discord. No real PnP is being made anymore, people just throw insults at each other over those media and that's about it. It's also quite unfortunate that more often than not things deteriorate from decent enough PnP to flinging turds at each other.

Quite a grim image I sketch here, it'd be nice if the forums relived a little.

Drift Banksy

Reaction score
i've been playing for years but only on externals recently-ish, just because there is no use for them and TW doesnt exactly encourage people to use the forums....

DeletedUser5057

Ya know iv had an interesting idea, since the externals has had a recent enough revamp with the new Achievements features and what not, couldnt we make those achievements have ingame effects as well, small things like 10sp for your first post on the externals, 500 res for 5 likes or even add a new item to the inventory ya know something like that would revive an interest in the forums again. Thats not to say the old quest system had a certain quest that asked you to visit the externals and sign up with an award for doing so if i remember correctly.

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
You could suggest it, I just doubt they'll have that sort of integration with this forum.

I'd mostly love to see old pnp back. ^^

Drift Banksy

Reaction score
woah, the first one was supposed to be a secret. Damn now the cat is out of the bag, or is it.....