OD at 800-900 points.

DeletedUser7369

You sir are quite clearly a hater.
If the majority of the forum goers say tis true, it is. That is how society works!

Many commonly held beliefs are rubbish.

1) it was common knowledge the earth is flat - oh hang on its a ball you say? Well i thought if society believed something it was true....

2) carrots help you see in the dark. - oh whats that? The british spread that lie to hide the fact they had discovered radar which actually did let them see in the darkx

Bored at 2 points but the fact is collective society has many dubious beliefs and toclaim they are true because society believes them to be true is quite clearly ridiculus. Society needs an education i think.

DeletedUser1511

1) it was common knowledge the earth is flat - oh hang on its a ball you say? Well i thought if society believed something it was true....

2) carrots help you see in the dark. - oh whats that? The british spread that lie to hide the fact they had discovered radar which actually did let them see in the darkx

Bored at 2 points but the fact is collective society has many dubious beliefs and toclaim they are true because society believes them to be true is quite clearly ridiculus. Society needs an education i think.

Bro i kinda know Red and i was just joking. But its nice to know i can still bait so well :lol:

DeletedUser5774

Amazing isn't it how the Internet is summed up like this gentleman. Arguementing for the sake arguement. What a poor post, and off topic.

Has anyone seen OPs 15x15?

15x15t.jpg

What a poor 15x15. I would of started clearing players in my area as well to get more farms. You can gurantee "3duardo0" have farmed the hell out of the area. Creating more farms to catch up with 3duardo0 and grow is legitmate, espeically with 3duardo0 all ready having the 1k villages plundered and 1m resources hauled awards.

Clearing someones 15x15 when their area is dominated by someone else is legitmate if you want to stay there. That area has potential to become a good farming area, so why not?

Poor arguments in this thread were harmful to my brain. Why? I felt like I might of been infected with stupidity.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I don't know what the hate on OD. Sure you lose some troops. By why is that a problem? If you do it right, it shouldn't be.
Clearing your 13x13 is actually a legitimate strategy. Reducing the competition for farming (and also creating more farms) should mean that you get less empty hauls, potentially increasing your income despite some troop loss. It also means that the players you cleared are no longer a threat in any way, providing that you can keep them from rebuilding.

So can everyone please get off the 'minimal OD' bandwagon?

Reduaram, everyone who knows you knows that you intentionally play devil's advocate. Knock it off, it's annoying, and unproductive. If you really disagree, cool, but disagreeing just to be contrary is obnoxious. And since you almost always have very low OD, it's quite clear that you agree in practice, but are disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

You almost always play D startup in fact largely for that reason.

You know for a fact that you can run all queus 24/7 off of purely farming barbs, as it's what you're forced to do when doing your usual D startup, which makes clearing farms (and active farmers in your area) entirely unnecessary.

Reduaram said:
This is true.

On a regular world, maybe, on a world with no morale, absolutely not. Quit taking whatever stance is against public consensus just for the sake of being contrary.

Clearing someones 15x15 when their area is dominated by someone else is legitmate if you want to stay there.

No. clearing an area dominated by someone else means you're just making more farms for the player that's dominating the area.

I love nothing more than an ODA whore for a neighbor. They make me farms.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

15x15t.jpg

yep i have recetly started clearing 3duardo0 ir got my OD up abit ;)

DeletedUser

Adam reminds you about -Anima- <3

would like to point out on that statement that i am on this world to have fun wether i succeed or not is neither here or then because my logic is to have fun so by clearing people and then re-clearing was a funny thing to do for me.

but i must say that having too much OD in the beginning either means 1 of 2 things

1.) High losses of troops.
2.) clearing millions of farms that have 5 spears :icon_eek::lol:

-Anima-

Nauzhror

Reaction score
would like to point out on that statement that i am on this world to have fun wether i succeed or not is neither here or then because my logic is to have fun so by clearing people and then re-clearing was a funny thing to do for me.

but i must say that having too much OD in the beginning either means 1 of 2 things

2.) clearing millions of farms that have 5 spears :icon_eek::lol:

-Anima-

I can respect the mindset of clearing people because it is fun, I just strongly disagree with anyone who thinks chasing ODA is a sound strategy if aiming for high ranks during startup (and keeping them past nobling, since technically, you can lose half your troops and still run queues, but you will mint coins much much slower).

DeletedUser

I can respect the mindset of clearing people because it is fun, I just strongly disagree with anyone who thinks chasing ODA is a sound strategy if aiming for high ranks during startup (and keeping them past nobling, since technically, you can lose half your troops and still run queues, but you will mint coins much much slower).

I totally agree with you Nauz OD is but a thing you should only think about in war and even then you still need nobles to war technically so not worth getting OD until you noble tbf

seewhatijustdidthere?

-Anima-

DeletedUser

2.) clearing millions of farms that have 5 spears
:icon_eek::lol:

3. Clearing villages - low troops loss :)

DeletedUser

which means low troops and to gain so much ODA from doing that all the time requires millions of farms :lol:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
nope not low troops and about 5-10 farms aybe even less.

He means for you to lose few troops the people you're clearing must have had few troops, and that the only way to have high ODA by clearing people that have few troops is to clear lots and lots of them.

DeletedUser

Thanks Nauz i did mean that.

-,-" 6 Farms? so basically your farm keep re-growing costing you little amounts of troops each time you attack which later on add up to be a huge loss? :icon_idea:

DeletedUser

na 5 of the after i cleared them they went inactive there ony 1 active. which is the 3k guy near me.

DeletedUser1508

Reduaram, everyone who knows you knows that you intentionally play devil's advocate. Knock it off, it's annoying, and unproductive. If you really disagree, cool, but disagreeing just to be contrary is obnoxious. And since you almost always have very low OD, it's quite clear that you agree in practice, but are disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

You almost always play D startup in fact largely for that reason.

You know for a fact that you can run all queus 24/7 off of purely farming barbs, as it's what you're forced to do when doing your usual D startup, which makes clearing farms (and active farmers in your area) entirely unnecessary.
Ahh, I kinda thought you might pick up on this Nauz. And I will oblige with another post :icon_biggrin:

First, let me start by saying that I am not trying to convince anyone that they should always clear their area. Rather, I am trying to prevent anyone from being convinced that it is always wrong to do so. So please excuse the rather long post.

Disagreement and devils advocacy
I know that the number of times we have been in disagreement on something would make it seem like I am playing the devil's advocate simply because I enjoy the confrontation. And although I do enjoy a good discussion and am not slow to take on the apparent role of devils advocate, I will only enter that role if I feel that I have a point to make. Besides, what is the harm in my disagreeing with you, besides the fact that your ego might get bruised if you are proven wrong? You say that playing the devils advocate is unproductive, but I disagree.

Is disagreement unproductive? Perhaps. Yet if the current status quo was always blindly accepted and never challenged, then where would we be today? Without forward thinking, human civilisation would quite possibly be still stuck in the dark ages, if not the prehistoric age. Ingenuity and 'heretical' thinking are an integral part of who and where we are today.

Now I do not want to sound cliche, but as someone has already mentioned in this thread, the world was once considered flat. And the earth was once the centre of the solar system. Anyone who claimed otherwise was persecuted. And yet in the end, the 'heretics' were proven right. All throughout history, that same situation has been repeated over and over again with someone challenging the status quo and being persecuted for their stand. Yet this without this happening, there would be no progress.

Sure, sometimes the challenger will be proven false. Sometimes they may be wrong. But at the very least, their alternative thinking ended up strengthening the truth. So how can you say that playing the devils advocate or otherwise challenging the status quo is being unproductive? It is not.
I think that in truth I dislike people saying that there is only one way to do something (Such as LC-rushing and offensive build startup being the only way to do well in a world - Definitely not true, as I have previously argued and we have both since proved). So when I started to see a theme expressed on the forums that clearing people is bad and that you should always conserve your troops, I saw a challenge.

Clearing is wrong?
You say that clearing people is not a good idea, that you should conserve your troops. I will agree with you in part, but not in full. ODA whoring for the sake of ODA alone is bad. I have done it before in my early TW days, and it did not go well. However, if the payoff is worth it (either in a very large one-off haul, or a high regular income from the farm) then I believe that there should be no reason to save your troops just so you can boast about your farm level.

Lets imagine a potential farm has 300 spearmen behind a level 5 wall. The good thing is that he has been inactive over the weekend and has 5k of each resource stored in his warehouse. You have 1000 axes, so you go ahead and clear him. This is the result:

Attacker Units: 0 0 1000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Lost resources
Losses: 0 0 53 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3.180 1.590 2.120
Defender Units: 300 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 300 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

You lose 53 axemen and a few hours of rebuilding, yet the resources you gained paid for the axemen you lost, and also provided you with enough resources to add another level of barracks that you might not have been able to afford before. So you lose very little training time, no resources and gain a farm. Oh, and over 1k ODA.
Do that 7 more times, and you have 8k+ ODA, such as the thread creator had. Now, keep in mind that this is just an example situation, and might not work out like that. Yet it also just might. Or even more in your favour. How can clearing someone always be bad if you have a potential very little loss for a farm and large haul gained, and a fair amount of ODA to top it off.

Beneficiality of an action
Now before anyone starts saying things about troops lost, time spent rebuilding, should have had enough to raise barracks anyway, etc etc - there is always a point at which an action becomes worthwhile. If a village near you will cost 1 axe to clear, yet has 400k of each resource and level 30 mines, then of course you would clear and farm it! And as a result you will afford things you never could have before, even if your farming was already godlike. Now scale it back, bit by bit adding more defence and less resources. It will keep being beneficial for a fair while, and until it crosses a certain point, you should clear it. So there are no absolutes, and there is always a chance for an action to be beneficial.

Ambiguity of constant queues
And let me say something here to refute the potential 'already running 24/7' arguement... 24/7 does not mean much on its own. For example, there is a massive difference between level 20 barracks and a level 10 barracks both running constantly. And if you were to clear the sort of farm I mentioned above (or one scaled back, but still benefitial), then you will be able to achieve a better rate of 24/7 production, even if you were already constantly producing from all queues.

Shorter farming distance
Now I would also like to point out that there might be no change in farming income if you lose a few troops but gain closer farms. Less distance = less troops needed to keep it dry. Sure, losing troops might make it harder to clear a noble target, but that isn't really my arguement right now.

Now I feel tired and won't go into the added benefits of clearing other active farmers and the boost it can give your income due to less empty hauls. Just know that it still stands, as does the negative of other active farmers also benefitting. Yet there is still a time and a place for clearing someone. No one formula, neither excessive troop conservation nor excessive clearing can be applied to ever situation. Pick and choose, but do not rule anything out.