Ode to a Jealous Lover

DeletedUser

I liek rep :3

We've been together for nearly four years
You've made me laugh hard, you've had me shed tears,
Though there always were others who vied for my heart,
among all my loves, you stood well apart.

No other affair has controlled me like you
You take my hard-earned money, and all my time, too.
But I wanted you, I needed you, I gave you much more,
You're no simple browser game, you're my sweet Tribal Wars!

We met over a banner ad, on FaceBook, I think
You promised "Play Free!"... I did not even think,
I clicked and I joined, and I gained a small village,
I built and recruited and learned how to pillage.

Those early days with you, you were sweet, you were kind.
If I left for a day, you didn't really mind.
My warehouse would max, my queues would run dry,
but when I came back, my love, we would fly.

The heady rush as I cleared a new farm
the PM's I'd get full of shock and alarm…
They drew me in deeper, made me want to log in,
Each village I conquered brought a new grin.

You introduced me to people all over the world
Our circle of friends grew, new vistas unfurled,
You invited me to dabble in scripting and code,
and promised adventure down every new road.

Soon I was buying you gifts of Premium, and Ads-Free.
I played multiple worlds (and the odd round of Speed),
You demanded another payment from me every time,
but baby, I love you and I really don't mind.

I flirted with WoW, games of skill, and of luck,
but they really don't give the same bang for my buck.
So I came back, and promised that I would be so true,
that I'll stay to the end of this damn world with you.

Then you sank your teeth into me,
took all my time free.
I'd log in on my lunch hour, call you on my break,
and dare I forget, you'd point out my mistake.

I had to be home, just to spend time with you,
I'd skip movies and date nights and bars and good brew
The yard work has suffered, the garage is a state,
but my resources are balanced and my sniping is great!

Sometimes I want to go back to the life I once had…
go and chase a few ladies, or have a drink with the lads.
But you gave me no freedom, you cut me no slack,
I said that I'll quit you, but I always came back.

I got angry, resentful, I threatened to leave,
but then you had some new war, right up your sleeve,
or a bit of diplomacy I just couldn't let lie,
so I logged on, buckled down, gave it just one more try.

And you rewarded me with captures, with rank and with fame,
The adrenaline rush, and EGO, of a very well-played game.
I'm hooked, I'm enthused, and I'm back on your chain.
You had me under your thumb, your slave once again.

But today I leave you, my darling, my dear.
I'm married to Real Life, and you were just an affair.
Today I decided that I don't need to play.
I've known it would be soon... and today... is that day.

-RavenJ (adapted and editted by Adellion)

Goodbye UK10. Refuse to Recognise has now been taken over by a group of coplaying friends of mine who have pledged to have 24/7 activity on the account. I'm honoured to have players of greater talent than me to take the helm of my account.

My respects to Jack n Jill for allowing me to remain in EvoL and giving me the privilege of leading. My gratitude for being part of EvoL and my sincerest regrets that I cannot continue to fight for my tribemembers in there. They will be missed.

My respects to my enemies of war, who have been talented enough to face me in battle and survive. There is much credit to be given to prior combatants, as well as my current opponents who will unfortunately, not have the pleasure of rimming me. Sorry guys :( <3

Take care, all.

Ego > Space & Time

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9170

Ah man!sorry to see you leave. . . I really wanted to fight you after my exams ;pp lol
ah well i guess next time:) take care in real life best a luck:) bye man nice knowing ya. . .

DeletedUser

Very nice poem....I enjoyed that immensely.

Sorry to see you leave Adellion....UK10 will miss good players like you.

Best of luck with your wife RL. Enjoy it bud.

DeletedUser10327

Didn't get on with you much, but when someone leaves TW, you suddenly like them more for some reason :icon_biggrin:
So, goodbye and goodluck with real life :icon_wink:
+1 for the poem.

DeletedUser

Pfft typical ..account jumping then leave , mummy has probaly banned him using phone to top up or his real noobness a real battle has got to him ..AGAIN lol

DeletedUser6695

Ah adellion you quit again, good luck bro <3

Love CF, you're only true love

DeletedUser7369

Pfft typical ..account jumping then leave , mummy has probaly banned him using phone to top up or his real noobness a real battle has got to him ..AGAIN lol

oh dear. another wannabe has a dig. why is it people have to be so unpleasant? i put it down to inadequacies and an inability to accept that some people really do have higher priorities than the game.

Ade's account has been taken over and was peaceful at the time it was passed and fully stocked with nukes and defense (as WAR can verify as i see the new player used them well today) so it was not battle. Ade leaves the world, as he left his other recent worlds before this, undefeated and respected by his tribemates.

The fact you are so bitter you are unable to resist the urge to vent your bile on these forums says significantly more about you than any of your snide words say about him.

Ade, your ego excepted, it has been a huge pleasure to play this game with you and i trust i can rely on your skype presence from time to time when uni workloads allow. In the meantime you will be missed.

DeletedUser1762

That poem is too truee...

good luck Ade, your posts were entertaining to read :). you be back.. just like i did -_-

DeletedUser

oh dear. another wannabe has a dig. why is it people have to be so unpleasant? i put it down to inadequacies and an inability to accept that some people really do have higher priorities than the game.

Ade's account has been taken over and was peaceful at the time it was passed and fully stocked with nukes and defense (as WAR can verify as i see the new player used them well today) so it was not battle. Ade leaves the world, as he left his other recent worlds before this, undefeated and respected by his tribemates.

The fact you are so bitter you are unable to resist the urge to vent your bile on these forums says significantly more about you than any of your snide words say about him.

Ade, your ego excepted, it has been a huge pleasure to play this game with you and i trust i can rely on your skype presence from time to time when uni workloads allow. In the meantime you will be missed.

I'm sowwy for my ego Jamesy poo <3 :(

1. I have my own bank account with more money in it then the points you attained on UK10. Admittedly, that is not an achievement, judging from the general patheticness of your account. Totally unnecessary comment. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. Otherwise, be assured, I will give you an ever harsher response.

2. Real battle got to me?

Side 1:
Players: Refuse To Recognize
Side 2:
Tribes: W.A.R
Players: shell1473, warhead93

Timeframe: Last month

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 10
Side 2: 0
Difference: 10

chart

If you exclude the players that WAR dismissed for going inactive after being broken by my power (shell) or LTR's (warhead), that still equates to 7 - 0.

But I never classed you as a statistician, Dandare. Just a ranting loudmouth who is in love with the figure 12154pts, because he's one of the biggest pointwhores in UK history and doesn't know anything beyond that. You're account on UK10 was so irrelevant, it was not worth the computing power used to generate it. A pity, I would've enjoyed wiping you out with Refuse. :3

Go back to your little W1N bunnies who merged with CHE!!! (feeding off Roch2001's friendship and your idiocy) to kill off UK1.

At least W.A.R are a privilege to fight and have more spine then you ever could (GIXXER especially, he's so much fun to fight and annoy and verbally poke). Come and try to flame me again.

Noob.

Last edited by a moderator: