OLD vs SLAP!

DeletedUser4753

lols
too kind. there is a 97 pt barb in his haul .

and this explains mistakes over identity . There are only 3 of us posting and apart from your own playername you got the rest of us wrong
in any event am grateful for the replies . The banter is part of the fun of the game

OK , so who is the biggest barbarella on this world ? is it OLD or is it SLAP ?

Technically im the biggest barbler on .uk with a record of 59 in a single day woop woop

i not looked at barb stats tbh, but its clear both tribes are focused on growing that on each other, that said old have done a couple of minor opps and wiped out mr vida, where as at least stat wise thiers been little to no response.

On the opp btw, is mr visa just really bad or did you hang him out to dry, 0 recaps, and the frequency of takes all the same time also suggests next no sniping either??

DeletedUser13533

Mr vida did try bless him. snipes were in place, stacks were in place. He just lacked the skill required to compete with OLD.

DeletedUser14618

D1mension
this thread bows down before you and crowns you barbier toute la monde. Wish I could send you a yellow jersey like them bike races
mind you we have quadrupled the activity from 1 to 4 posters . keep it going fellas
I remember you from early days of TW when farming was farming , and barbs were barbs. and taverns were taverns

back to war between SLAP and OLD , yes both sides trying to get K dominance , and element of it involves barbing . However OLD seem to be doing ops on other tribes as well eg ASH whereas looking at SLAP stats its hard to read a plan apart from 'grab all you can me hearties '. Perhaps that is the only plan one needs ? but it doesn't sound like a plan

Mr Vida , I feel for you . Its sunday . You can rebuild .

DeletedUser14618

a quick review of the barbing war going on ...

SLAP are down to barbing once per day , both barbs over 1k pts
there is feeding frenzy over loganas villas [SLAP]
velnias's [SLAP] 340pt barb villa was capped by another tribe at 500pts
at ODA rank # 2 and ODD rank #1 the tribe is having jolly time and some fun
internals are nearly complete

OLD carry on merry ol barbing . one of them a 500pt .
rank # 1 attack and rank #8 defence . shows where their intentions lie
Wacca and Ash tribes seem to be losing villas consistently to OLD

Top players quick barb review
Agenda [BM] - a lot of barbs
http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk34/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&id=839313
rank 28 in attack

Killacombo20 [OLD] - a lot of barbs
rank 3 in ODA

Andy360 [OLD]- not so many barbs but ones he capped are rubbish
rank 1 in offense
profile reviews in the 400s - if he could get a medal for that ]

Lord Wannabe [SLAP!]
rank 2 in offence
likes to cap himself
http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk34/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&id=822560
lowest barb 505pts

DeletedUser13612

I would say the top guys are kind of excused due to 20:1 rule and morale?

DeletedUser14618

thinking an update at this watershed moment

SLAP - wow , practically no barbs except one on 3 dec at that was 1.2k . seriously giving a right beating to S.A.S .
OLD- hmmm still plastering their stats with barbs . also internals going on
BM- pretty barby villages. one player capped a 120 pt barb . Taking a few from ELMT
TS - haven't seen the light . pretty low pt barbys all over the show

have been hard on SLAP and now eat some humble pie .- Good conquering fellas- . its better fun than barbing way through a K
the rest of the best - a plea to make your conquer stats worthy of a tw tribe . The easy way will ultimately make you weak .

DeletedUser14567

This is one of the worst theories i have ever read.

Sorry, could probaly have used a little more time explaining the theory and the reasons behind it.

I've also heard OLD states they are not into hugging, but I think, dont quote me on this, are working with S.A.S, TS, and EWS against SLAP! Espacially the top guys in TS. I dont know for sure wether its true or not, but would be interesting to get a statement.

DeletedUser14520

We haven’t really paid slap any attention since clearing out Vida & Audi, but with TS location and the fact they’re being hit by both BM and slap it doesn’t make sense for us to help the other tribes by hitting them too.. as far as hugging is concerned it depends how you want to class letting a member of another tribe know when your running an op goes & how word spreads. I wouldnt class us as huggers, our only shared forum is with sister tribe and we’re free to noble where we please... none of this YOU NOBLED IN MY 5x5 :mad::mad::mad: bs

I completely agree nobleing barbs is pretty awful, there have been a good amount of bonus barbs nobled (especially pop barbs) due the availability of crops at the start of the world. It’s also sometimes necessary for church positioning, and some of ours who can support it will munch a few when all their nukes have gone splat to continue growth.

Church worlds combined with this x20 rule have made it hard not to barb munch in some places. You can find yourself taking a decent village surrounded by players you can’t hit or def turtles with 50% morale.. you can either stick a church in it rendering it fairly useless or take a barb to put a church in and get the use out of the vill a lot quicker. Nobles aren’t an issue for most of us now so it’s not like it affects our growth.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14618

hugging, naps , implicit agreements are all part of the game . In olden days top tribes used to avoid conflicting with each other till later stages of game, when battles could be bigger bangs and each tribe made their K claims early

is it possible if we could have some insight from the top tribes how wars are going . for example are villas well defended , how many nukes to clear on average , any good snipers doing stuff ?

DeletedUser14520

Slap did alright at defending considering the def they had available, they had to rely on the usual people to take account sit and handle what we sent at them though.

Part of the reason we declared war so early was due to us getting numerous scout reports which identified a lot of the vills we hit had no troops or very little troops recruited. Especially Audi, he was building villages as though it was end game (maxing pits then racks then recruiting troops).. it would have been mad for us to wait till he’s recruited all his def before we hit him. I’m not judging his play style as he would have had a massive advtantage by now had we not attacked him, we just managed to pick up on it in time.

DeletedUser13612

Troops are the fundamental way to win any war. I was suprised how easy SLAP lost their villages, more suprised how they havent really done anything more to try equalize the war stats. Maybe they are just building up

My definition of hugging is working together with numberous of tribes, so I would say OLD fall right into that catogory. Secondly you saying you can noble whereever you want, is not that a bit worrying towards the tribes working with OLD?

Will we see a quiet period now on both sides cause of the event?

DeletedUser14520

I presumed they haven’t hit back yet as they have better targets in their own K still to go for, they took quite a few vills of s.a.s not so long ago.

Slap lost the villages they did as lots of people start off offensive these days so the amount of offence we sent at them was too much for their defence. They did snipe most trains, and did the sensible thing of stacking the recap vills/pre nobleing those with noble nukes en route. We split our nukes fairly well though which meant a lot of their def died through sniping then we were able to clear the stacked vills with the O that came back

That’s what I mean, we’re not really working with other tribes. A few players joined in on an op with us who were being hit already by the tribe we planned on hitting

We’re still opping other tribes, just haven’t gone for round 3 on slap yet. I think slap may end up having the next offensive round against us but we can only wait and see :) we hit a small tribe today and took 15 vills between us (with more to come)

DeletedUser14521

DeletedUser14618

New
"Troops are the fundamental way to win any war."
to me troops are the tools like a knife and fork when you eat . Tribal fun win wars . Many a top tribe easy on a world has fractured . A persistent and tightly knit bunch of mates is also more fun than loads of troops . though troops are fun undeniably
The great tribes always have a core who through the game become rl friends . Its the fun that keeps us playing .

DeletedUser14618

propaganda and excellent diplos can also win wars . different kind of nuke .

DeletedUser14618

I am sorry . I genuinely am sorry but I have to have another rant about something on this world . bear with me am thinking as I type .
Diplomats . what are their purpose and role and weapons at their disposal ? are the current tribe diplomats showing the best of their potential .

A diplo is a unique position in TW . Like the dukey they kind of stand alone tho they are members of ruling council and make group decisions along with rest
the qualities maybe needed are
loads of mates in different tribes or mates of mates
a friendly trusting type of personality that translates over keyboard and skype
wit
patience
smelling a deal from 3 weeks before

A quality diplomat does more than score the tribe friendships and alliances
He is a stats expert . every day he is looking at ennoblements and rival tribe performances advising duke accordingly
he is working hard on the ol skype spending hours chatting to guys , using smiley vomiting icons at right moments in convo
not just alliances and friends but also recruiting and passing and spreading truths or falsities
its the tw game
also , what seems a forgotten art is where the diplo is supposed to operate and score his biggest battles - propaganda wars in the externals . Its not about bad mouthing at all , its about the diplo is mouth piece of tribe and TV/Radio station . Tho a clever erudite putdown works just as well as this rant
so where is the diplo activity taking place ? how come diplos are not using full arsenal of their skills . OLD have posted some sensible opinions recently . Do SLAP or BM agree with it ? or is the diplo a bit like north korea ?

saying that , I am also hoping on reaching page 3

DeletedUser4753

troops are overated, points win wars.

now before you all pipe up, you know its true really, if you have 50,000,000 point tribe vs 5,000,000 tribe, its clear who wins right?, more points = more troop/more profuction/more villages/more players etc etc, and points is the indication.

"diplomacy" is a much overused and underused tool in, to explain my point i dont draw destiction between a "diplomat" "recruiter" "duke", someone involved with talking to other tribes leadership/members should have a solid skill set in these affairs, i think its overused from the standpoint of passiveness and underhandedness, like do core tribes need to ally with eachother every single world, feed on the small tribes then fight? its a boring pattern that seems to be emerging. secondly, do almost all wars need to be won by turncoates? i know its effective, why noble 100 enemy vills when you can just recruit sumone right, but again wheres the class in that, get good and noble people.

It is however also underused, whilst i dont condone the above dirty tactics of recruiting coward players for ez wins, i wouldnt hesitate to crush thier resolve, if a player believes they can win, they will fight down to thier last village, as they know even when nobled down to 1, with a coin world thiers always a way back, so taking 99 of the 100 point player's villages is deffinitley effective, and can crush resolve itself, but what if through clever opps, pnp and mind games you crush sumones resolve after taking only 10, that leaves 90 vills as easy takes, but can also spread the cancer and ruin a good tribe.
diplomatic actions are a still used to great effect in tw today, however its become a ingame mail and late night skype chat tool of warfare than the more public and more entertaining forms of external pnp

DeletedUser13612

troops are overated, points win wars.

now before you all pipe up, you know its true really, if you have 50,000,000 point tribe vs 5,000,000 tribe, its clear who wins right?, more points = more troop/more profuction/more villages/more players etc etc, and points is the indication.

This is wrong aswell of my statement is. More troops=More villages (Both to room the troops, but also the growing part)=More Points

I feel the diplomatic role has faded as people hug each other way too often anyways. People jump over to their old friends, and then its over, maybe throwing in a lame excuse to make themselves feel better. When this happens 90% of the time, you dont really need diplomat anymore cause its often agreed beforehand.

However, on .net its an whole nother story. Over there diplomacy play or atleast in most cases, a huge role in the outcome of every world. W93 is a good example of that, where SCREW's diplomacy part made them superior, turning other tribes against one another, allying with the correct people, declaring against the right ones etc.

DeletedUser13533

This thread has made me laugh actually.

So many people speaking from the sidelines acting like the top politicians acting like they know everything.

Well you know what they say 'hate us cause they ain't us'

We are OLD and we are here to win and that is exactly what we are going to do wether we take a few barbs or not. Question is who is going to stop us ?

You act this high and mighty like your the only player that actually knows how to play 'pangolin' I can't find you in game so why not share your name so I can add you to the hitlist and see what you can really do that's so much better than everyone else ??