OLD vs SLAP!

DeletedUser14519

Hats off to NEW for the extremely well carried out OP on me yesterday.

Frustrating to be on my last day of holiday (attempting snipes and recaps in airports etc is not fun!). Ofc everyone has real life and it certainly doesnt take anything away from how well the op was executed and then the follow up bombardment.

It always sucks to loose vils but to only be down 8 by the end of the day after defending over 300 red nukes and countless nobles, I felt a good achievement :)

Credit where it is due, well done guys

DeletedUser13130

All shit talk aside well done to Old. They cranked the pressure up and forced players to quit.

DeletedUser13130

And I’ll eat my words about everything I said but this world has had the worst politics.

NH and TS closed the door on working with us (destroying their own games) to side with Old and help them gain their win (not that they wouldn’t have won without them but it’s sped things up). Whatever discussions went on I’ll say this was absolutely brilliant by Old. It was the defining point that nailed us and then the relentless attacks on top.

Everything you’ve done right or wrong; moral or not, it’s why you’re at the top and we’re not.

No excuses. Well done!!

DeletedUser14738

This world is the first in which I am doing well and I am in good tribe, in this server

good old work

good game for everyone

DeletedUser13130

Glad you had fun mate. I think this has been the most infuriating world I’ve played.

I would have liked to have seen something more exciting happen than everyone pander to the top tribe in hope they’ll be the ones selected to join the elite. As a player against you lot it sucks but as a fan of the game it’s severely disappointing.

DeletedUser13373

I can understand your frustration, and it possibly did look a little like tribal hugs tactics, but with such a big front line and you guys 300 villages up at one stage it would of been stupid to start fighting everyone else, although there were many who did want to. But I do honest think had NH not been our allies we still would of eventual won the world.

DeletedUser13130

I can understand your frustration, and it possibly did look a little like tribal hugs tactics, but with such a big front line and you guys 300 villages up at one stage it would of been stupid to start fighting everyone else, although there were many who did want to. But I do honest think had NH not been our allies we still would of eventual won the world.

My frustration isn’t really at Old because it would be absolutely ridiculous for you to turn down. The alliance with TS was also key to this early world finish. I tried numerous times to break that.

Jonas aka Jaime Lannister let them grow and dedicated one or two players to work on them early game (they never did) he never pushed it.

Eventually TS became a nightmare because certain players were too afraid to move def from the TS border to the Old border. This was before TS started attacking. So even tho TS didn’t really move on us until NH joined the war it was enough to keep troops back. If this was intended then absolute genius strategy!

My frustration is because NH and TS gave up their own games for Old. I didn’t see many of them getting into Old because a lot of you came into this world together. And we had a lot of players struggling and needing merges or co-players.

I feel like those at the top of the food chain in TS and NH have used their players to get into a world winning tribe. I see Janus jumped over already. Maybe I’m wrong? But that’s how it looks.. so yeh I don’t blame Old at all for using every resource they were given. I just can’t get my head round TS and NH.

I think it would have been closer 1v1 but we had too many players ready to break. I think you would have taken - I’d like to think it would have been close, something we’ll never know.

And that’s not the game we were playing.. we simply got outlasted, outwitted and outplayed by a better group of players.

DeletedUser13373

Yea I fully unstable that, it certainly would of been more interesting if it were us and TS v New and NH, maybe w38 lol

And the Janus one surprised me to, can’t see the appeal jumping ship once the war is over, would of been good to stay with the tithe be you started with but each to their own

DeletedUser14738

I've been playing 12 years, you can win and you can lose, the important thing is the friends that are made

If you have made friends, feel victorious

DeletedUser13612

It is correct that I mistakenly let some people take the job to remove TS (They wanted to) and then a lot happend after that led the focus elsewhere.

However taking TS, NH and 3 players from us, aswell as being the best organized tribe, really destroyed our chances, then a lot of people were gone, espacially on north front, which led us having an major issue north and down with TS (Horatio suddenly dissapear etc.)

OLD were the better tribe, but I'd like to believe if we had gotten the chance to organize ourselves without being backstabbed everywhere, we could and would have done better.

DeletedUser13130

It is correct that I mistakenly let some people take the job to remove TS (They wanted to) and then a lot happend after that led the focus elsewhere.

However taking TS, NH and 3 players from us, aswell as being the best organized tribe, really destroyed our chances, then a lot of people were gone, espacially on north front, which led us having an major issue north and down with TS (Horatio suddenly dissapear etc.)

OLD were the better tribe, but I'd like to believe if we had gotten the chance to organize ourselves without being backstabbed everywhere, we could and would have done better.

Personally I don’t think it would have turned out any other way. Shaun didn’t come here to duke but he did a job and our group of players needed tough love. Too many players going rogue.

Even back in BM we had issues with this. And you have to admit - we fell out because I said the tribe needed more organisation and tough love. That first attempt at an op was fucking disgraceful. Everyone was just doing their own thing.

Old were moving players all around the map. They had small players on the front as well as at the back. They moved their clusters from West to the East.

They had a lot of strategy.

Killa had a watch tower in the east that rendered most of our East squad out of ops because their fakes and nukes would be picked up and seen by it.

If you look at the detail in which they played we would have lost 1v1.

DeletedUser14519

It’s been a decent war guys just ashame you collapsed much sooner than I expected/hoped.

Few thoughts from me for anyone interested :)

We had the advantage early on as were a premade (as were SLAP) who had played and won together. This didn’t mean we didn’t have problems tho! At one point I had 4 permanent sits of accounts being opped!
We bulldozed early on and this probably caused us to get overconfident leading to limited recruitment and restricted barb munching slowing our growth vs yours (a good lesson for me personally for future!).

This plus the fact you suddenly got your game together (someone obv stepped up and showed great leadership and strategy using our own methods against us!) meant we were at a serious disadvantage (no of vils and players). Game on!!

To clarify TS were our allies pretty much since the start. We aided their def vs SLAP with troops and sits ages ago as this benefited us in the war against you. This lead to friendships and a solid alliance.

You guys had the tribe out east that eventually become the second NEW tribe (sorry can’t remb original name). Plus the merger of SLAP and BM made you far larger than us combined. We then panicked recruited which lead to difficulties out east due to lack of experienced players.

NH were a key ally and I know we were both in talks to get them onside, perhaps we were lucky or just better diplomats to win them over. I think we would have still won if it went the other way but it certainly would have been harder.

Some very good ops by you guys and some great defending meant at one point it looked like it could go either way. I think the “free op” on killa cost you badly. Regularly opping smaller tribes like TS rather than focusing on the bigger threat (OLD) allowed us to grow and hit you without any comeback.
In general I think our organisation and strategy was better. I was v lucky to have a group of players who would usually follow my/council plans and carry out OPS per plan (we didn’t always get it perfect with date mix ups and RL getting it the way!).
However, when you guys got it right, it was extremely good, I’d say better than our ops at times. I think I had to try and defend 300 reds or something within a few minutes followed by nobles and lots reds over the next few hours etc one time. Fortunately for us it just wasn’t often enough to make significant progress!

It was sad to see your east collapse so quickly given the west fought so hard and made us bleed for every vil! I guess many of the players out east had grown fairly untested. It was a long term plan of ours to get more of our more experienced and/or larger players over east to help out and in the end seemed to work well.

Defeat is always hard to take especially in this game as we all put so much into it but I hope you got some enjoyment out of it, after all it is a game at the end of the day

Thanks for giving us a good fight and All the best and hope to see you on future worlds :)

Andy

DeletedUser13130

It’s been a decent war guys just ashame you collapsed much sooner than I expected/hoped.

Few thoughts from me for anyone interested :)

We had the advantage early on as were a premade (as were SLAP) who had played and won together. This didn’t mean we didn’t have problems tho! At one point I had 4 permanent sits of accounts being opped!
We bulldozed early on and this probably caused us to get overconfident leading to limited recruitment and restricted barb munching slowing our growth vs yours (a good lesson for me personally for future!).

This plus the fact you suddenly got your game together (someone obv stepped up and showed great leadership and strategy using our own methods against us!) meant we were at a serious disadvantage (no of vils and players). Game on!!

To clarify TS were our allies pretty much since the start. We aided their def vs SLAP with troops and sits ages ago as this benefited us in the war against you. This lead to friendships and a solid alliance.

You guys had the tribe out east that eventually become the second NEW tribe (sorry can’t remb original name). Plus the merger of SLAP and BM made you far larger than us combined. We then panicked recruited which lead to difficulties out east due to lack of experienced players.

NH were a key ally and I know we were both in talks to get them onside, perhaps we were lucky or just better diplomats to win them over. I think we would have still won if it went the other way but it certainly would have been harder.

Some very good ops by you guys and some great defending meant at one point it looked like it could go either way. I think the “free op” on killa cost you badly. Regularly opping smaller tribes like TS rather than focusing on the bigger threat (OLD) allowed us to grow and hit you without any comeback.
In general I think our organisation and strategy was better. I was v lucky to have a group of players who would usually follow my/council plans and carry out OPS per plan (we didn’t always get it perfect with date mix ups and RL getting it the way!).
However, when you guys got it right, it was extremely good, I’d say better than our ops at times. I think I had to try and defend 300 reds or something within a few minutes followed by nobles and lots reds over the next few hours etc one time. Fortunately for us it just wasn’t often enough to make significant progress!

It was sad to see your east collapse so quickly given the west fought so hard and made us bleed for every vil! I guess many of the players out east had grown fairly untested. It was a long term plan of ours to get more of our more experienced and/or larger players over east to help out and in the end seemed to work well.

Defeat is always hard to take especially in this game as we all put so much into it but I hope you got some enjoyment out of it, after all it is a game at the end of the day

Thanks for giving us a good fight and All the best and hope to see you on future worlds :)

Andy

Well said.

Your TS alliance was unbreakable. I remember when I started talking to a few players Cane snapped at me. Then I presume he merged with one of you?! At least that’s the impression I got. I thought the cracks would open up and a new council might sway another way but they were extremely loyal from beginning to end.

The NH alliance made no odds really. It just simply sped up the world.

The Killa op was a controversial one and a risky move but a lot of players agreed that we didn’t want Killa have a cluster like yours. We needed to take risks - unfortunately it went badly. I think on a world like this fakes are predictable so you can only overwhelm and switch targets to keep def dancing.

I’m not sure on the SLAP thing being a premade tribe?! No idea I wasn’t part of that but I do know HOTLIKEDAT and Cammy are two of the worst human beings alive. After HLD abandoned SLAP without a duke months later the cheeky f*#k asked to comeback.

Me and Kyle smashed them on speed playing by mobile then they added us on Skype interviewing us for the SLAP family tribe. Clowns.

Anyway Shaun stepped up and took Duke and did us proud. You can only do so much. We had players continuously not sending in ops.

Topfour really did us over in the east. When you op’d him he took all of Conovar’s def and let you smash it to bits. Unnecessarily! Basically topfour abandoned the account and had Cono’s def sitting getting smashed. By the time topfour showed his face and passed the sit, you’d cleared all of his def and all of conos.

So you got two for one on that op. Topfour passed the sit and we haven’t heard from him since despite the numerous times we asked for him to ticket the account for internal.

Cono left at this point because well he had no def to defend and he knew he was next. We had all discussed leaving anyway but this forced the issue for cono and then several players decided it was time to delete.

Good luck in your next worlds!

DeletedUser13612

And?

So I am suppose to make flawless recruits now too? Two guys vouched for him aswell, so he didnt seem like a terrible player at the time. I also recruited you though, so let us make that two mistakes :p

DeletedUser13130

Complete lie because I was digging info on all players and I had good sources that said Donald Trump and Topfour can’t be relied on. This was communicated to you!!

DeletedUser13130

ba87f146d04ed4d2db00a6ffa4b3be0b.jpg