opera T method

• Thread starter Just to use the forums
  • Start date

DeletedUser1189

Yes, but to then include them in a repeat string corresponding to a single key press is scripting. Although there built in features, they are part of opera's coding which has been left available for the use of people to script to speed up actions within the browser. Not to mention, it directly affects the rally point which to my understanding of the rules is a supposed no no.

DeletedUser

I dont think this method works if you are sending cats in your attacks, it stays on the building box and wont focus on the OK button properly..so to send cats the click button&switch is the best method....

Or does it work for you Nauzhror ?? I maybe missing something
Just press tab to cycle through available buttons.

DeletedUser1189

So could we get an official response over this, if other people are going to use internal browser scripting 'features' to interact with the rally point and automate it, I might as well use it to gain an unfair advantage as well. I mean who wants to be left out when everyone else is cheating

DeletedUser1189

That statement from Nauzhror is not true.

There is nothing official written on the forums barring what has been posted by Thargoran saying it is illegal. Which it is because it is scripting the rally point.

DeletedUser

Surely with the lengthy time that the current worlds have been out and the timing restrictions that have been implemented such dramatics isn't needed over a method that is flexing, or breaking, the rules isn't required? The standard "2E" method has been clarified as being legal and grants you to send trains fast enough to either create the lowest timed string of attacks possible due to the restrictions or fast enough to be un-snipable to the majority of the population who will in most cases be stacking their villages anyway.

Everyone has the ability to count from 1-5 in the same second and press keys fast enough (or spend a few minutes practising on notepad) for your intended purpose of sending noble trains quickly by pressing 2 Enter consecutively. Now unless you are all facing people are sniping your trains regularly what is everyone's need to use this "T method" to send something a few ms faster bar bragging rights?

DeletedUser

With this method, there's a slight problem.

Occasionally, the nobles are sent before the nuke. Is there a way of stopping this, or is it just our computers. (happened to me and a few others)

Nauzhror

Reaction score
what is everyone's need to use this "T method" to send something a few ms faster bar bragging rights?

Few?

Surely you jest.

10-30 ms is not a few milliseconds faster than 300-400.

As for the last three posters, I assure you that admin have seen this thread and would have long ago deleted it if its contents were bannable.

DeletedUser

As for the last three posters, I assure you that admin have seen this thread and would have long ago deleted it if its contents were bannable.

Did you speak with Thargoran with regards to his message to mitchnom then? Good to know that its officially legal though, although I still don't understand why scripting in this manner is allowed.

DeletedUser1189

With this method, there's a slight problem.

Occasionally, the nobles are sent before the nuke. Is there a way of stopping this, or is it just our computers. (happened to me and a few others)

To answer the question, because you have scripted the rally point to launch 4 attacks with a single depression of the key all four web pages load at the same time. Depending on pure random coincidence due to the tiny fractions of seconds your browser windows all process the send command to the main server, sometimes the initial page will process after one of the others.

To get around this and continue scripting your rally point the only option left to you is to cancel the attacks and set the script running again until the system processes the page loads in the correct order.

Also, if Thargoran has approved it, can he post about it please so we have official reference to refer to.

DeletedUser

well i have downloaded opera for the first time as chrome isn't letting me send noble trains as it used to.

I have followed the instructions and it doesn't work for me :(

i click t and nothing happens, any ideas?

it is opera 10.53

DeletedUser

ok panic over have worked a way round it, but have to use the letter m as most other letters already have a shortcut and tried changing it but wouldn't let me lol

DeletedUser

OK this has answered a question for me - I received a train today which was 44ms from start to finish; not in itself illegal, I now understand. But how do you find out if a player is using illegal methods?

DeletedUser

Can an actual mod update on this? Is this method legal or not? Because there isn't anything in the rules regarding editing browser settings. And it isn't a script.

It is a script, but the mods have allowed it, so it is legal.

DeletedUser1189

So were allowed to script the rally point now. Christ, why do we even bother having scripting rules in the first place if this is allowed??? Its a complete joke and makes a mockery of the whole scripting rule system.

DeletedUser

So were allowed to script the rally point now. Christ, why do we even bother having scripting rules in the first place if this is allowed??? Its a complete joke and makes a mockery of the whole scripting rule system.

[th]Not really. The only joke is people seem to have problems with reading and understanding. What exactly was so hard for you to understand?

I'll try to explain it once more, very simple: There still aren't any scripts allowed to interact with the rally point; the "T-Method" isn't any script, it's a browser setting, which we neither can control, nor trace. [/th]

DeletedUser

Script:
dictionary.com said:
A simple program in a utility language or an application's proprietary language.
Sadly, neither utility language or proprietary language had a definition. From what I did see, proprietary languages are languages created specially for a specific program, to run withing that program (IE, the program's code).
Utility languages are languages made to act easily within multiple programs. (IE javascript, VBscript, C++ etc.)
Neither of which that is.
Note: I am not certain of this, that is just what I surmised form 10 minutes of research.

DeletedUser

In TW, " scripts " are specifically designed to operate from the bar and those which automate the rally point are understandably banned.
This is undetectable and there is no way to ban use of opera. Lag is still a problem and there is still a limit to 4 attacks within a second.
These trains can still be sniped if you are good enough so personally i don't see the problem.

DeletedUser

Hmm... Im using Opera 10.51 and the "Setting up 4 tabs, pressing the 'tab' key, and pressing 't' on the first tab" method sends them perfectly.

It may be something simple, have you got the "enable single-key shortcuts" box ticked?