opera T method

• Thread starter Just to use the forums
  • Start date

DeletedUser

It's all sorted now :D I started again and it's working now. Thanks anyway!

DeletedUser

Aha triple post :L :S Well, how do you make sure the nuke goes first, I keep in first in the tabs, but it sometimes ends 3rd or last :S Anything I can do to stop this?

DeletedUser4083

Put in a blank tab at the beginning. That usually helps to stop it.

DeletedUser8409

with firefox all normal internet conections send attacks with 100ms

:295
:395
:495
:595

for the one have a realy bad conections using same method can happen something like this lol

:452
:457
:467
:472

just open the pages. make all attaks but do not press ok
now put firefox in offline mode and click all ok button
take out the offline mode
in one of the pages click to refresh all pages
and now just click as faster u can to confirm.....
u only need to press ur mouse in confirm allways at the same place and page schwith alone

DeletedUser

[th]As there were some questions lately ingame regarding this topic, a clarification:

The "T-method" is still legal. The "extended" version, which is executing multiple commands with just a single keystroke, isn't. I deleted all references to it in this thread. [/th]

DeletedUser8409

the only thing i get by clicking ( T ) is that it change the tab

so in my case and i did all that its in first post... i need to click ok and then T and ok and T and ok and T and ok

clicking just at T it will not send me the attacks.

DeletedUser

when setting up your tabs, make sure all tabs have the ok button highlighted if this doesnt work mail me ingame "The ferret" W6 and i will get you up and running :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8409

when setting up your tabs, make sure all tabs have the ok button highlighted if this doesnt work mail me ingame "The ferret" W6 and i will get you up and running :)

i think that is the problem.
my ok is never highlighted.

u know how to make him to be highlighted?

DeletedUser

yes press the tab button and this will highlight, make sure all 4 are highlighted before you send in each tab

DeletedUser8409

yes press the tab button and this will highlight, make sure all 4 are highlighted before you send in each tab

thanks mate.

made it. that was my failure.

working in perfection.

nice to have people like u helping . we can play this and play and we learn every time something new.

thanks

DeletedUser

[th]The "T-method" is still legal. The "extended" version, which is executing multiple commands with just a single keystroke, isn't.[/th]

On which side of the fence would simply pressing and holding 't' reside? Since it uses the Opera setup of the legal technique, yet produces similar speeds to that of the illegal one...!

- Kossa

DeletedUser

Pressing and holding is most likely deemed legal. Hold 't' in word, and you get t repeated.
Thus, it is multiple 'keystrokes', and is a normal repeater function of any computer.

DeletedUser

Okay, well here's a guide I made earlier (with the now confirmed illegal extended version edited out). This guide has pictures! :icon_biggrin:

't-train' revised:

How to send sub-second trains - (and other such information)

NB: These techniques require you to be using the Opera internet browser. (examples shown using Opera 10.63)

Step 1 - (Editing your browser settings)

1a) Click the menu, then Settings, then Preferences. (or press 'Ctrl + F12')
70721439.png
1b) Select Advanced, then Shortcuts. In the Keyboard setup box, select Opera Standard and click Duplicate.
48541716.png
1c) Select Copy of Opera Standard and click Rename.
13636207.png
1d) Rename it to whatever you want (within reason), though I have renamed it to Train x4. Then click Edit....
56751626.png
1e) In the new window that pops up, select Application and click New....
60385904.png
1f) A new entry will appear. In the first column enter t, and the following text into the second:
Focus next widget&Click button&Switch to next page
...then press your 'enter/return' keyboard button TWICE.
39179380.png
NB: Simply double-click on any cell within a column to edit it.

1g) Click New... again. Enter p into the first column, and the following text into the second:
Click button&Switch to next page
...then press your 'enter/return' keyboard button TWICE.
70721889.png
1h) Press the OK button to close that window.
42144113.png
1i Finally, make sure the Enable single-key shortcuts check-box is selected, and that the keyboard setup you want to use is also selected (in this case, we will use the Train x4 setup first). Click the OK button to close the browser preferences window.
36890498.png

Step 2 - (Using your new keyboard setups)

Type 2.1 - (Train x1, using t)

2.1a) Find a village you want to attack and open up 6 tabs. The first two *** tabs should be left 'blank', and the last four are to send your troops (each attack must have the same slowest troops speed).
13b.png
2.1b) Then, select the first 'empty' tab and hold down t. Release the key once you see it typing in the spear text-box of the first tab. It would be a good idea to check the landing order of your attacks. *
14bic.png
This attempt gave a 30ms overall landing time. **

Type 2.2 - (Train x4, using p)

2.2a) Find a village you want to attack and open up 6 tabs (first two blank tabs not shown), each sending troops to that village (each attack must have the same slowest troops speed). This time, we will be including catapults in our attacks. ****
15b.png
2.2b) This time, you must select the OK button in each tab without actually pressing it. You can try right-clicking on the button then selecting another tab, or try pressing the Tab keyboard button to cycle through the click-able links on the screen (press Shift + Tab to cycle in the other direction).

2.2c) Then, select the first 'empty' tab and hold down p. Again, check the landing order of your attacks. *

Footnotes - (And other useful information)

Of course, you can mix and match using either the t or p shortcuts for most attacks but if you include catapults you must use the p shortcut. **** Just remember; you cannot send more than 5 attacks per second. Other than that, enjoy!

Always make sure that your attacks land in the same second as each other. This will remove the option for the defender to snipe your attacks with the village's native troops.

* Occasionally, due to different lag-times in each of your tabs, your attacks might end up landing in the wrong order. If you want, just cancel them and try again. I do not know of any sure-fix for this problem.

** The 'speed' of your attacks is mostly dependant on your computer speed and internet connection. On later worlds, there is often a setting that will force your attacks to land a certain distance apart (usually 50ms or 100ms). Make sure you are aware of your world's setting when timing your attacks.

*** When using these techniques, it is best to open 2 tabs infront of those used for sending your troops. Having just one 'empty' tab is often enough, but having two 'empty' tabs eliminates the effect of any lag from your keyboard as it starts to automatically repeat the key-press.

**** The catapult drop-down selection menu is now the first 'widget' on the page as opposed to the OK button, and so the previous technique must be subtly adapted to achieve the same result. This is why we have the p shortcut in our keyboard setup.

If you find that your attacks are still landing relatively far apart, you might want to edit your computer's Keyboard Properties. This can be found in the Control Panel (or equivalent). Simply increase the Character Repeat rate to max - and you should notice a slight improvement.
64730251.png

Thank you for reading this quick guide, and I hope it helps.

- Kossa

P.S. Apologies if the images are a bit big for your screen. I blame my oversize monitor!
:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I can't believe everybody just ignored this brilliant post... +1 LastApparatus :icon_surprised:

Focus next widget ftw :icon_wink:

The A key code is illegal as it performs more than 1 action per click. LA did say IF the previous method was legal, which Thargoran confirmed as not.

DeletedUser

Bump! It's here already, not even off the first page!

Seek and you shall find!

DeletedUser

anyone having problems sending trains?

Mine has suddenly stopped working...i press "t" and it only sends the first attack...

DeletedUser11523

Still working fa me...

That said new opera update as come out that ive yet downloaded, but dunno why that would effect it.

DeletedUser4083

The new opera update does seem to have affected the T-train for some reason, I know that for myself and other tribe mates it will send 3 out of 5 attacks in a train.

For now I have resorted to using the enter 2 method, which is alright for uk12 as we are in world end stages :p