Opinions On New Tribes

• Thread starter DeletedUser14348
  • Start date

DeletedUser14348

Hello this is my first post here so feel free to pummel me softly.

I am curious as to what your opinion is on new clans (10k-100k) that are looking to establish themselves on this world. Do you disregard them as simply future property or are you keen to interact and get to know these new players.

This is coming from a new and extremely intimidated player.

Zulem

Foxtrot

Reaction score
When they start to grow out of hand the bigger tribes just beat them back down to the rim, although if some make a mark and show their worth then they sometimes get recruited by the bigger tribes, learn a lot and can sometimes win worlds ;)

DeletedUser13811

Zulem if you can learn how to defend then if you don't get recognised in this world you will in the next.

Many players play this game for years without learning some key skills which would save their villages and completely change their gameplay. I have played this game more years than I care to admit and I'm still impressed when someone cancel snipes me and it's actually a very easy thing to do if you just learn.

Look up guides on 'sniping' and 'cancel sniping'. Learn what a 'backtime' is. Like everything in life Google and Youtube have the answers!

Foxtrot

Reaction score
Yeah always best to ask bigger and more experienced players, if you show you're willing to learn, then chances are they will be willing to teach ;)

Deleted User - 695343

Completely agree with Violet. This is not a hard game to play well. Quite the opposite. But it does take the time to research and ask questions off of people who have been around for awhile and can maintain a high rank from startup to mid/late game without a pp bankroll. Most players will be willing to take you under their wing if you're curious, willing to learn and don't assume you know it all. The person who thinks they know it all in this game is the true noob, because we are all always learning and the benchmarks are constantly changing. :)

DeletedUser14348

Completely agree with Violet. This is not a hard game to play well. Quite the opposite. But it does take the time to research and ask questions off of people who have been around for awhile and can maintain a high rank from startup to mid/late game without a pp bankroll. Most players will be willing to take you under their wing if you're curious, willing to learn and don't assume you know it all. The person who thinks they know it all in this game is the true noob, because we are all always learning and the benchmarks are constantly changing. :)
Inspirational stuff.

the minx

Reaction score
Its also helpful if you try and gain knowledge from a few different players, some are better at different stages of the game than others. Myself for example, I'm really crap at startup, but get me on a decent sized account during mid/late game and I can compete with the best of them

DeletedUser14312

Tribal Wars, generally speaking, is mostly about knowledge and common sense, not that much skill involved as it's a very simple game.

DeletedUser920

Funny - I'd have said that TW was about three things:
1) learning how the game works and strategies that work.
2) finding the right group of people that work as a team and not for themselves (then you have a result whtehr you win or lose) and
3) Attack, attack, attack...

Foxtrot

Reaction score
Tribal Wars, generally speaking, is mostly about knowledge and common sense, not that much skill involved as it's a very simple game.
Sniping/cancel sniping is pretty skill based, easy once learned and very useful but can take a while to learn depending on the player etc

DeletedUser920

Sniping is a way to be a real PITA when people expect their noble train to be successful and can be used to hold off a lot of attacks for much longer than could be expected. Obviously it is little use against anyone sending noble nukes. If it is your whole arsenal then it does not help you overcome an enemy though. It's not about learning one or two skills, it's working out how to use them in a coordinated way - and having the time to do that outside work (which is why I'll never be in the top ten) - that will allow you to overcome opponents for the minimum cost. When it goes pear shaped you need your tribemates though, as you do when attacking players who should outgun you. Even with all of this, you need to be aggressive though, unless you can manoeuvre your enemies into destroying themselves.