over moderation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7369

I can't believe the drivel i just read in the closed thread of the same name. Ignoring a problem is not a solution!! If the forums are not the place to discuss things we aren't happy with then where should we do it? Seems the perfect place for it.
Given the amount of money we pay to play this game you should value our feedback and not try to censor it so you can pretend everything is all peachy.

I imagine this thread will either be closed or deleted but would like to see a more enlightened approach so why not surprise me and leave this open so that others can say what they think should be moderated and what should be allowed.

DeletedUser

I can't believe the drivel i just read in the closed thread of the same name. Ignoring a problem is not a solution!! If the forums are not the place to discuss things we aren't happy with then where should we do it? Seems the perfect place for it.
Given the amount of money we pay to play this game you should value our feedback and not try to censor it so you can pretend everything is all peachy.

I imagine this thread will either be closed or deleted but would like to see a more enlightened approach so why not surprise me and leave this open so that others can say what they think should be moderated and what should be allowed.

Shut up.

DeletedUser

I agree with Jp, but some people want there forums cleaner than clean... just makes them boring realy lol. If you've noticed the forums aint even used much anyway.

DeletedUser

LA closed threads that went off-topic if you want to discuss them do so in the right section, oh and yeah.

Tough.

DeletedUser7369

LA closed threads that went off-topic if you want to discuss them do so in the right section, oh and yeah.

Tough.

This was not aimed at LA. This was in response to the comments made on the thread of the same name that was shut by nauzhor.

In reply to the comment about the rules I have read them but I dont like them and think we should be allowed to discuss them. As users our input matters more than that of the moderators as they are there to police this forum FOR us. If it doesnt do what we want then we should discuss what it is we do want.

Similarly if you want to tell me to shut up then you should be able to without it being deleted. I am a big boy, I am not going to run off and cry over it. Particularly when it saves me reading the usual rubbish you come out with in response to everyone elses posts :)

DeletedUser

Some mods also seem to be enjoying flaming tribes and worlds and then promptly closing threads.

Seems there are some personal issues going on, and yes I have tried contacting an elder mod.

DeletedUser7325

So far all I see being closed are the personal issues (flaming) amongst members. I think they have to be cleaned and closed to discourage flaming/dissing eachother.

Forums are there to discuss things, problems, share thoughts, knowledge, ask questions and bit of show off too and I believe bit of constructive criticism should be welcomed, saying that personal flaming shouldnt be tolerated.

I believe there should be reason to close any thread and it should be clearly provided in the last post of the thread so forum members understand why the thread was closed and what to avoid in future discussions, to allow healthy environment on the forums.

DeletedUser

I think the biggest problem on this forum is not modertion of what have been largely off-topic or personally abusive posts, but actually the lack of posts in the first place. We are suffering from both a lack of a wide spectrum of posters (ranging from new players to old) and of a lack of interesting posts. To me part of the gameplay of TW has been effective external representation of tribes and the use of propaganda and analysis to (hopefully) effect the morale of other players and tribes, but failing that to just have some fun and banter. This world seems to lack this, just as it seems to lack tribes willing to not only stand and fight but to proclaim why they do so and why they think they will win. In the absence of this kind of opinion what we are too often left with is lowest-common denominator abuse, and frankly I'm not surprised the mods have had to exercise their powers recently as a result...
Del.

DeletedUser

Some mods also seem to be enjoying flaming tribes and worlds and then promptly closing threads.

Seems there are some personal issues going on, and yes I have tried contacting an elder mod.

Doesn't help when the elder mods are bedbuddys with the mods themselves. Biased, much?

So far all I see being closed are the personal issues (flaming) amongst members. I think they have to be cleaned and closed to discourage flaming/dissing eachother.

Forums are there to discuss things, problems, share thoughts, knowledge, ask questions and bit of show off too and I believe bit of constructive criticism should be welcomed, saying that personal flaming shouldnt be tolerated.

I believe there should be reason to close any thread and it should be clearly provided in the last post of the thread so forum members understand why the thread was closed and what to avoid in future discussions, to allow healthy environment on the forums.

Some mods haven't had the message of "no flaming" imprinted into their head yet, they flame in worlds they have no presence in despite being a mod. Mods should only intervene to stop abuse, not start it themselves, regardless of how correct they feel their opinion is.

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11698

I mean, honestly?

If you have a problem with the moderation, take it up with an elder mod or Thargoran, do not make a thread for it.

And, personally, I think LA/Nauzhror are great mods.

I think personality traits of certain moderators renders them unfit for moderation; I want unbias moderators, not INNOGAMES lapdogs who incite abuse with their own abusive comments. Tit for tat, imo.

DeletedUser

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11698

I mean, honestly?

If you have a problem with the moderation, take it up with an elder mod or Thargoran, do not make a thread for it.

And, personally, I think LA/Nauzhror are great mods.
I presume your sycophantic tutting is aimed at me? I thought I was making a valid point, and wanted to see if the rest of the community shared my view in the interests of improving the forums for everyone. I was not aware that it was an impropper use of the forums, and had the thread not been closed I would have appologized publicly for breaking the rule in ignorance; instead I mailed Nauzhror. Did I not also commend the moderators in my post?

My post was intended as a suggestion for making the forums better. I have no idea why you posted this response.

DeletedUser7450

I think personality traits of certain moderators renders them unfit for moderation; I want unbias moderators, not INNOGAMES lapdogs who incite abuse with their own abusive comments. Tit for tat, imo.

They are unbias.

If they were bias, they would most likely be fired. Simple.

Moderators are allowed to have opinions on things, it, however, doesn't stop them from doing their job.

This should've been locked 6hours ago. :/

I presume your sycophantic tutting is aimed at me? I thought I was making a valid point, and wanted to see if the rest of the community shared my view in the interests of improving the forums for everyone. I was not aware that it was an impropper use of the forums, and had the thread not been closed I would have appologized publicly for breaking the rule in ignorance; instead I mailed Nauzhror. Did I not also commend the moderators in my post?

My post was intended as a suggestion for making the forums better. I have no idea why you posted this response.

Actually, there was a post by Battleaxe, that was deleted. I didn't quote it so, well, I guess you'll have to take my word for it.

My point was, a thread with the exact same name was closed, reasons clearly given, then this thread was created. My 'sycophantic tutting' was aimed at the OP of this thread.

DeletedUser

They are unbias.

If they were bias, they would most likely be fired. Simple.

Moderators are allowed to have opinions on things, it, however, doesn't stop them from doing their job.

This should've been locked 6hours ago. :/

Actually, there was a post by Battleaxe, that was deleted. I didn't quote it so, well, I guess you'll have to take my word for it.

My point was, a thread with the exact same name was closed, reasons clearly given, then this thread was created. My 'sycophantic tutting' was aimed at the OP of this thread.

I disagree, I don't think they should have an opinion on a world they have no presence in. It would be better if they were more in-line with net. mods, who merely intervened to stop forum rule breaking, and did not incite hatred by siding with one argumentative side of a PnP war, a contrast with some moderators on UK.

DeletedUser

Ok, sorry. Though the OP has a point IMO.

DeletedUser7450

I disagree, I don't think they should have an opinion on a world they have no presence in. It would be better if they were more in-line with net. mods, who merely intervened to stop forum rule breaking, and did not incite hatred by siding with one argumentative side of a PnP war, a contrast with some moderators on UK.
So... you're allowed to have an opinion but a Moderator isn't?

Yes, that makes perfect sense Adellion.

Nauzhror

Reaction score

If you have a problem send a mod a PM.

The rules very specifically state:

Forum Rules said:
If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic about it. Contact an elder moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating topics only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.

If you wish to create a topic regarding moderation, please contact the relevant moderator or elder moderator first. You may find a list of all moderators and their assigned forums in this overview.

This was not aimed at LA. This was in response to the comments made on the thread of the same name that was shut by nauzhor.

I didn't close the other thread. I simply posted in it to dissuade the discussion from continuing.

In fact, I can't close threads in this forum, but I can infract anywhere.

This thread is to be considered closed until closed by an Elder Mod or Admin.

If you have a question regarding my post do not reply, send me a PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.