Pandas

DeletedUser

I googled pandas, I got this "Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal infections" o_O

db7u8

lol, this made me wonder where my cookies go....i don't remember if i finished them last night :S

/my mini cookies :(

DeletedUser1508

Matt, I find that kinda hard to believe. Either way, it is only opinions... nothing can be proven.

DeletedUser

Matt, I find that kinda hard to believe. Either way, it is only opinions... nothing can be proven.

The way we are farming was invented by James circa W8-W10 if memory serves, sniping was around beforehand and backtiming ("chasing" as I first new it) was also around before. We've had more experience, we adapt better and so forth but the set of skills was there to begin with.

I do agree that 08 Matt would still dominate a UK server today if he was active enough, it might be easier to take him down (although he's a turtle :p) but growth wise only I'm pretty sure he'll be ath the top.

DeletedUser1508

The way we are farming was invented by James circa W8-W10 if memory serves, sniping was around beforehand and backtiming ("chasing" as I first new it) was also around before. We've had more experience, we adapt better and so forth but the set of skills was there to begin with.
You know, I always thought it was RobJ that invented LC rush farming... Or is that not what you are talking about?

Anyway, growth-wise the '08 Matt might do better... but I was imagining more of a duel like situation where they went head to head. In which case I still think the '11 Matt would come out on top. Although it might take a little more activity (or just coplayers) than he currently claims to have.

DeletedUser

Ok, I am not looking to enter into a debate here, but I will try to point out a few things...

Firstly, do remember that this is an English speaking server, so naturally NET is UKs 'parent', with UK picking up NETs trends and habits. Now I was not around in the early stages of TW, but I do not think the same ancestory can be traced from DE to NET.

And what about the possiblity that it is because NET had already 'written the book' that UK has not needed to do so? TW is and always has been an evolving game. Naturally it was the early stages of it's growth that the largest changes were made, the basics shaped. Using LC to farm. Moving away from mixed villages. Noble trains. All of this we now take for granted, and yet it was not always so.

But what now? Have there been any ground-breaking new strategies or ideas in recent years that have changed the way we play? And if someone was to make such a breakthrough, chances are it would be someone from NET, which has the more experienced players and a larger player base. Sure, some small changes might be developed here... but nothing of much consequence. For better or for worse TW is becoming refined, and the onus should not be on UK to develop it further.

I'm not placing the burden on .uk to innovate the game to the extent we did in the early days in the .net. I'm charging them with using those innovations already available to them from the get go (which we didn't have access to) to produce top level home grown players that can carry the standard for .uk and give outsiders dropping into .uk worlds (in this world's context, that means most of the high ranked Pandas) a run for their money on an individual and tribal level. .co.uk has not produced them, and its pretty much out of excuses not for producing them. .uk's got everything going for it but there's no results.

Also, I'm not really certain what chapters of the book .co.uk has had to write, pretty much every new trick introduced here is introduced by someone outside of the server. Most of them have guides written about it from those outsiders and posted not long after their advent.

As far as homegrown players go, I believe you are wrong in your comparisons. The players you mentioned were the forerunners, striding forward, exploring and developing the land of TW (Maybe too much drama?). And yet you want to compare them with UK players? That is not very fair. You are taking the top players of a large server, who also have many years of experience, and comparing them to players from a smaller server and only 1-2 years experience and expecting them to come out equal.
If, however, you were able to compare a current UK player with someone such as yourself playing on NETs w10 the difference might not be so great. For to say that you, mattcurr, Sneggy, Galum etc all currently play as well as you did back then would be false.

In any case, that is my opinion. Rip it apart if you so desire :icon_biggrin:

Heh, I'm not one of those guys who believe the game is way harder to be competitive in right now than it was back then, yeah we learn a few tricks we didn't know back then, but I haven't wholesale changed my game plan in years. Its not broken.
.net had a much larger player base, but .co.uk offsets that by having the benefit of a lot of .net players here posting guides and teaching their tribe mates the things they've learned (who in turn teach others) and its been going on for like 2-2.5 years now. You don't really need years of experience to be good, you need exposure to teaching to be good, and .uk has had a lot more exposure to teaching in its first 2+ years than .net ever did.