Payments

DeletedUser

I think this game is still playable without paying, but i think they have put too much paying element into it now... Premium is one thing, which I usually pay for when i have about 3 or more villages, but now it is all the extras as well, pay for flags, pay to convert resources, pay to speed up building, pay to get more resources.... pay pay pay... those with deep pockets have too much of an unfair advantage over the others. Is there a risk they have gone too far and spoilt the game for the premium type players and those that play for free?

Free players do actually make the game more playable for paying players, it will not be good if the worlds start shrinking or new players do not join and stay

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11183

If im honest; i dont think they gain much of an advantage, i was surprised upon joining. Yeah for the first day or so they will help, but ultimately its farming thats going to get you those top ranks. Then you'll need some skill to keep your villages etc.

DeletedUser10601

This is an interesting, unexplored topic.
Oh wait...

Na I agree with Ad, farming almost nullifies it - nobody really uses the 'fast build' that I know of for example.

DeletedUser

The payments help, but not alot. We have only really used the market merchant to shift some resources around and used the reduced cost a few times mostly because I had to go out and couldnt wait around (would of missed the bus for example) and we are achieving top 10 rank at the moment.

If you have the skill you don't need them.

DeletedUser

in my opinion, these premium features are still unexplored.

True, its nullified by good farming at this point of the game. But, it has a huge effect, very early on the game. like you could rush to barracks and trains more SFs in a matter of a minute using PP and then farm immediately. late in the game, 20% additional resources in all villages gives a lot of resource advantage.

DeletedUser

However late in game resources aren't needed alot. I always find myself with nearly all villages full farm, nearly full resources (at which point I obviously mint coins or get packages) even with all troops out the majority of the time so I doubt they would actually affect it much. I personally wouldnt use any feature past a few villages and only use a few of them before in rare occurances.

DeletedUser11183

As i said; i feel they only help for the first day, after that its down to farming and skill. Just my opinion tho

DeletedUser

I think it'll be important when under attack, for obvious reasons.

DeletedUser6695

Ya'll be overlooking a factor. No one anyway decent is using(exploiting) the features. Say we got some start-up 'pro' (Nauz for example) who usually takes rank 1 with relative ease.

Now give him premium features and his gap grows tenfold because his knowledge of the game added to his ability to play is far superior to most. Lot's of people can grow fast because they are insanely active but when it comes down to knowledge of the game most people aren't as smart as the top players.

DeletedUser

I don't think the features make a big impact on it. Like Ad said, farming is the ultimate package. The 20% resources is good for starting out for the first days, the others are pointless really.

DeletedUser

....The 20% resources is good for starting out for the first days, the others are pointless really.

I think that would be pretty useful at anytime and give you a big advantage. Does it cover all villages? If so it is probably one of the best ones on offer, which may explain why is is so expensive to use it

DeletedUser

I think that would be pretty useful at anytime and give you a big advantage. Does it cover all villages? If so it is probably one of the best ones on offer, which may explain why is is so expensive to use it

I'd have to disagree, it does cover all villages but 20% is a very small amount overall. Personally I don't care what mines are on because farming outdoes them so much. It will only be helpful on limited/no haul worlds imo.

DeletedUser

when your mines are at max, 20% over all your villages is a lot of resources - do the maths

for a mine at 4800 - 20% gives you 11,522 of that resources per day. for each resource type that is over 34K of resources per day - and that is just for one village!! if that is not an advantage i don't know what is

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you have max resources though chances are you have a farm farm and also enough HC/LC or whatever to farm with and to be honest thats probably about 100 attacks tops (if they are large enough) to farm that 34k resources. That 100 attacks takes.. what.. 3 minutes?
The PP would cost you 90 PP which is about £1.80, so either 3 minutes of your time each day for 14 days (I believe it is?) or £1.80.
If you are a top player anyway you would be farming daily so the 20% is useless pretty much.

DeletedUser

you are looking at it as though it is an either or - but you can do both can't you - so the advantage is in excess of what you are taking about - and if you are a player worth your salt you can always use more resources.-

DeletedUser

Of course you can, but I just don't think it is worth paying for those extra 20% which don't make a large difference!

DeletedUser

Aside from the 20% resource boost, most of the premium features are merely a convenience, aren't they?
You either wait, or you pay not to.
The 20% boost is hardly anything after the first few days. Farming would cover it.
I know you could do both, but meh. I don't see them as an insanely important feature afterwards.

DeletedUser

Those with deep pockets are always going to have an advantage using premium features know matter what stage of the game, but more so at start up. I don't think this is really debatable. The interesting topic would be to find out which features the top players use, if any? I find Farm Assistant very useful, especially when account sitting for others.

DeletedUser10601

Farm Assistant isn't one of the premium features in question, but yes I don't think I could survive without it.

Triarii2D

Reaction score
You can easily play any account with just a premium account. Account manager is more a convenience rather than a necessity and farm assistant can be replaced with bookmark farming once you have a half decent amount of LC.