Players Left

DeletedUser1728

Well I was a skirt wearer, but don't tell Kath lol.

Players move tribes it is part of the evolution of a world. I was not an original skirt wearer, I went through a couple before getting there.

Death, however have been a very good tribe, either TFF or ourselves will prove to be the victor, and that is a discussion to be had on the battlefield, but one thing I can honestly say here, is that the players left, and that means all of us can kind of give ourselves a pat on the back and say we were the last 100.

Nothing wrong with men in skirts, as long as they're long and black (the skirts) and they're (the men) wearing lots of eyeliner too...

I think I need to go and lie down, getting all hot under the collar thinking about it...

DeletedUser

chiefy hides behind a curtain and whimpers slightly

:icon_wink:

DeletedUser8800

havnt posted for a while as it kept getting spam by players not on world 3, who talk a big game but couldnt handle the pressure lol
stir stir stir lol
im an original although the amount of sits i go through is burning a hole in my pocket lol
im even confused what account im suppose to be on half the time but ed normally knows lol or anyone else that sees a spear or sword headng towards them lol
just for the record all sits before people start accusing lol

DeletedUser5582

lovely to see you back!

So Uk3 has (drum rolls) has 6 tribes left (not including the three with under 300 points of members in!!)

and 96 players with a positive point score (they could come back from that position!) Realistically 85 though.

Wonder how many are actually active?

DeletedUser8856

Rofl, Ferret we have this conversation pretty much every day .. you must know what account you're on by now lol
And its me with all the sits ferret, not you ;) .. you can have them if it gives you some sort of sitter rank though or something of sort.

Dont think there are even 85 members still active Jo

Siro

DeletedUser7797

Well, even I must admit it looks like this world could be over very soon.

Congratulations to TFF (he types through gritted teeth, you know what I mean).

It would be interesting to consider what lessons we have learned from this world that we can bring to game-play on other worlds. I have a few lessons that I hope to have learnt and help me to be a better leader on TW4.

1. The biggest down-fall of any tribe is inactivity and weak tribe mates who lose villages because they don't log on often enough and don't set a sitter
2. Good team-spirit is essential to ensuring that players keep active and get involved in ops etc.
3. A strong core of steady, reliable council members is necessary as at times the tribe can get de-railed and lose direction
4. The ability to keep this game fun is an absolute must as at times it can be very boring and logging on a chore.
5. The tribe is more important than any player.
6. The council and tribe must appear to be in unison even if they aren't

Just a few thoughts, anyone else learnt anything?

DeletedUser

5. The tribe is more important than any player.

Excellent points and the one above is the main one. Some players don't seem to realise that its a team/tribe game and that sitting back whilst others put in the effort by supporting/faking/nuking will come back to haunt them. If everyone can put in some effort be it they are a defensive or offensive minded player then as long as there is a reasonable mix the tribe as a whole will succeed in the long run. There have been some dark days over the years but somehow TFF survived and thats I think is because all the members past and the final few left left worked together and didn't just look after themselves.

By the way how are you doing on Siro......

DeletedUser5528

I agree with much of what you have said there red.

There are many ways to run a successful tribe so anyone that thinks their way is the only good way needs to think again.

Inactivity is indeed a big problem for many tribes and if I have learnt anything from running this tribe its that an inactive account is a useless account. In the early days of TFF players were warned if they went yellow and if it happened again they were either kicked and nobled or nobled without being kicked basically whichever scenario was best suited at the time. (whitey is a big fan of the second way :D).

Team spirit is indeed essential but more important than that is a team that will push through the hard times when morale is low.

I agree that strong leadership is essential but must admit I really dislike councils. To me that creates a them and us division within a tribe. Whilst I admit I have players that I will consult for ideas and what not the final decisions in my tribe start and end with me and thats that.

What I have tried to do all the way through in TFF is keep everything as open as it can be. I do not believe in keeping secrets from my members or basically hiding anything from them. I'm pretty sure that any member in my tribe currently knows that I am only a mail or skype conversation away and will do my best to resolve any issues that crop up.

I on the other hand am one for being a tad over sensitive sometimes which I admit has cost me some friends on here. I hold to my way of doing things and generally don't hold my tongue when perhaps it would be just easier to say nothing and nod and smile instead. It is a personal lesson I have tried to learn but seem incapable of lol.. What I am proud of in despite me losing players like Margaret and Jo TFF still thrived without them and that is testament to every player within the tribe. So the real lesson here is the leader of the Rank 1 tribe or indeed the winning tribe is just as able to make some Big mistakes and is not above it. I am just lucky to have had such a good bunch of great and loyal friends behind me to mop up after I have a moment. :icon_redface:

So something for you to take forward Red is this. It is the one bit of advice that can help you when you try to run a tribe.

"Any skill in this game can and should be taught to your members. What cannot be taught is the will and determination to at least try and win. If you can recognise which of your members have this and which don't you will be well on your way."

I'll stop waffling on now.

DeletedUser7797

Cheers guys, I'm not sure I could, or would want to do it on my own, I need to bounce any ideas of others and to share the load.

I think your comments about pushing through the hard times really strikes a chord. It is hard when you have fought side by side with a player and then they decide to quit. One thing I have learned is that you never know who will quit.

However, we must all remember that this is a game and real life comes first, congratulations again, I am glad that I was able to lsow your onslaught, even if just for a short while.

DeletedUser7797

By the way how are you doing on Siro......

I wish it was just Siro......LOL

DeletedUser5528

Don't get me wrong I didn't say I do it on my own, far from it. I bounce ideas off others and they do me. I just don't like a too many chiefs approach. (really don't mean mrchief).

When you have a network of players behind you like Reggie Boy, SuicidEd and many others there are never a shortage of ideas bouncing around. You can give people responsibilities like group or squad leading or whatever, you have barons to take up some of the strain but the final buck has to stop with the duke, Thats all I am saying.

DeletedUser

Well said redleg.

Good team-spirit is so important as it is a team Game . Well as long as everyone is good enough to play our willing to take the time to learn .

DeletedUser9545

And just cause we are quiet on the forums doesn't mean we aren't here.

DeletedUser7797

:icon_redface:I've got some cream for that mate, it itches for a while and then it goes away